ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 and Previous Earning query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HolaHSMP

P60 and Previous Earning query

Post by HolaHSMP » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 am

Hi,

I have a rather weird query:

I received my P60 for year 2006-07 but there seems to be huge deviation between my final paid salary for March 2007 and the Total for the year quoted in P60. The details are as below:

As Per March 2007 final payslip:
1. Gross Pay: £ 32367.08
2. Taxable Pay: £ 28821.63
3. Total tax: £ 4974.04

As per P60: ---> P60 does not mention Gross Pay which I am claiming, it only mentions Taxable Pay
1. Taxable pay: £ 28821.63
2. Total tax: £ 4974.04

I can add all the Total Gross Pay for 12 months from April 2006 till March 2007 and it comes out to £ 32367.08.

My questions:
1. Will I be eligible for above £ 32,000 and claim 35 points?
2. I am also planning to submit the UK Bank Statements where my Employer's name is clearly mentioned each month as the creditor. Should this be sufficient?
3. Will the HSMP assesor consider my Taxable pay or Gross Pay? I have made a grid showing the PAYE TAX, Total deduction, Net Pay, Gross Pay alongwith the application.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

makon

Post by makon » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 pm

You are okay. Home Office considers Gross and NOT taxable pay for HSMP

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply:

Can I please receive an elaborate reply? I am in a kind of fix whether I should submit my P60 for HSMP or I should raise an exception and only submit the payslips and corresponding bank statements.
Other employers have the gross salary mentioned in their P60 which is equal to the taxable pay.
My question:
If HSMP case worker takes into consideration the Total for the year in P60 I will be at lose points and will have my application rejected.
Do you recommed contacting my employer and asking them for a clarification and reissue of P60?

As Per March 2007 final payslip:
1. Gross Pay: £ 32367.08
2. Taxable Pay: £ 28821.63
3. Total tax: £ 4974.04

As per P60: ---> P60 does not mention Gross Pay which I am claiming, it only mentions Taxable Pay
1. Taxable pay: £ 28821.63
2. Total tax: £ 4974.04

Thanks for your help,
Mike

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:53 pm

First of all, you probably got taxable pay amount in your p60 because you put aside monies for retirement. So either you explain it as such and show where the money went or you show your payslips and bank statements.
It isn't an exception, there is more than one way to skin a cat to show your gross income. If you read the guidance and website for insight, you would see payslips, bank statement, offer letter are an alternative to p60, but if you think the p60 is too confusing for them to give you the appropriate credit, then submit with other pieces of evidence

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi HolaHSMP ,

I too have exactly the same problem , please check my posting:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16229

I plan to give a letter from my CA explaining the difference between the two gross salary amounts. Maybe a letter from CA can help in your case too ?

SYH and other experienced guys: can you please comment if this is the right path ? will hsmp accept such letter from CA ? is there another way out ?

Regards,
wanna_bee

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:22 am

Hi,

I didn't truly understand the Indian taxation system. However as you mentioned contacting the CA should do the trick for your case.
However, a friend of mine applied twice for HSMP once for 2 yrs and later for 3 years and both these times he did not submit the Tax return form, he only submitted authorised payslips and bank statements. The bank statements must show the name of the employer and it should show your corresponding salary for all the months. No need to mark it with highlighter, caseworkers are smart guys.

Since I am an in-UK applicant I plan to follow the simple route and submit the following documents:

1. HSMP form
2. Bank Statements (I have made a grid to show all the salaries)
3. Postal payslips
4. Original Engineering degree certificate
5. Original Driving licence
6. Notarised copy of personal copy of my passport.
7. IELTS TRF
8. Covering letter

I am claiming 80 points.

However, I have dropped a line to my emplyer and asked them for an explanation and possible re-issue of P60 which I think is a distant reality since I have already filed my Tax Returns for this year.

All the best!!!

Mike