ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Evidence of Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t_india

Post by t_india » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Amber

can you help
l

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm

A credit report isn't really what's required. You just need a letter addressed to you solely or jointly. Ask the GP if there is anything on file for that period and get them to print it out.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

t_india

Post by t_india » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:18 am

D4109125 wrote:A credit report isn't really what's required. You just need a letter addressed to you solely or jointly. Ask the GP if there is anything on file for that period and get them to print it out.
Thanks so much Amber, i have booked an appointment again with other GP, to try my luck.
Whilst i try that; i have been reading through the SET(O) Application form, which states
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse
We have our last leave (extension) issued on Sep this year.
does that mean, it is just enough for me to furnish proofs from Sep 2013 until the time i apply for ILR?

Further, if my appointment with GP next week does not work out well, then
would it be safe for me to apply for my dependant witout any proofs for 6 month period between Mar 2012 and August 2012, all other period i have more than 6 proofs;

or should i have to hold applying for my wife until i get documents evenly spread across 4 months, in the 2 year period?

Sorry for being a pain here, but your help if highly regarded.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 am

Yes since the last extension should suffice. But to be on the safe side see if you can get the medical letter, if not, do not worry.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

t_india

Post by t_india » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:03 am

D4109125 wrote:Yes since the last extension should suffice. But to be on the safe side see if you can get the medical letter, if not, do not worry.
You are a Star Amber.
many many thanks to you.
Yes will will try getting the medical letter next week.
Much relieved now :)

tier1munda
Newly Registered

Post by tier1munda » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:28 am

have following docs for cohab.

Myself and wife: joint hsbc bank statements covering 2 years
Individual natwest bank statements for both for 2 years.
Rent agreement specifying my and my wife's name: whsmith short tenancy agreement for 2 years
Tv license doc in my name
Sky broadband and phone bill for 1.5 years and virgin bill for 0.5 years for wife.
Some hmrc letters for me and my wife
Marriage certificate
Last ukba extension letter with same address for me and my wife
Mortgage promise letter from halifax for joint.

Should the above be fine for cohab?

Thanks
Tier1munda

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:12 am

Perhaps too much:

1 joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources.

tier1munda
Newly Registered

Post by tier1munda » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks Amber,

So if I produce any 4 months of joint bank statements from HSBC for each of the last two years, individual natwest bank statements For any 4 months for each of the last two years and a joint rent agreement with private landlord, should this be sufficient?

Thanks

D4109125 wrote:Perhaps too much:

1 joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

Yes, one joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources e.g:

March 2012 - bank statement 2
July 2012 - bank statement
Nov 2012 - bank statement 2
March 2013 - Rental agreement
July 2013 - bank statement
Nov 2013 - bank statement 2.