ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on dependent visa extension from outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Need help on dependent visa extension from outside UK

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi friends,

My current visa was till April 2014, I will be eligible for ILR on OCT 2015, So i need to another extension to eligible for ILR. But Due to some medical issues my wife planning to travel india soon. So My doubt was

1) I will extend my current visa in UK around March 2014, So After getting my docs, Whether my wife can extend her visa from outside UK ?

2) If she was extending visa from outside UK, Whether she will be eligible for ILR along with me or not ?

3) I read in some forums that, if dependent extending their visa outside UK, It will be treated as fresh application, In that case she can't eligible for ILR along with me.

Could you please help me on this ..

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Need help on dependent visa extension from outside UK

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:54 am

can some body help me on this plz

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:43 pm

haiksuresh wrote:Hi friends,

My current visa was till April 2014, I will be eligible for ILR on OCT 2015, So i need to another extension to eligible for ILR. But Due to some medical issues my wife planning to travel india soon. So My doubt was

1) I will extend my current visa in UK around March 2014, So After getting my docs, Whether my wife can extend her visa from outside UK ?
Yes, she can but
- if current leave expires then a new "leave to enter" will be issued and have to follow the new rules
- if current leave does not expires then no need to apply from india, just apply when she is back

2) If she was extending visa from outside UK, Whether she will be eligible for ILR along with me or not ?

see above
3) I read in some forums that, if dependent extending their visa outside UK, It will be treated as fresh application, In that case she can't eligible for ILR along with me.

see above
Could you please help me on this ..

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks alot for your response. Could you please clarify on the below example.

1) My visa & my partner visa getting expired in 15th May 2014. So i will extend mine in March 2014. By the time my partner will be in india. Once i get a my docs, i will forward to my partner and she will go for extension in April 14. So by the time she is having valid visa and extending her visa.

2) she will be joining to me around june 2014, In this case her extension considered as continuous visa and eligible for ILR along with me on Aug 2015. She already completed 2 years in UK. So i believe old rules are applicable, If her visa extension not considered as fresh application.

Could you please kindly help me to clarify my doubt.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi experts,

Could you please help me to get clarified on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 pm

haiksuresh wrote:Thanks alot for your response. Could you please clarify on the below example.

1) My visa & my partner visa getting expired in 15th May 2014. So i will extend mine in March 2014. By the time my partner will be in india. Once i get a my docs, i will forward to my partner and she will go for extension in April 14. So by the time she is having valid visa and extending her visa.

2) she will be joining to me around june 2014, In this case her extension considered as continuous visa and eligible for ILR along with me on Aug 2015. She already completed 2 years in UK. So i believe old rules are applicable, If her visa extension not considered as fresh application.

Could you please kindly help me to clarify my doubt.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh
IMHO, extension applications are only allowed in country but I might be wrong on this. Wait for some one else to reply/clarify if I am wrong.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi friends,
Could you please help me on this.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

You can't extend you visa outside UK so it would be a fresh application which will reset her clock for ILR.

Param