ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I submit birth affidavit with Irish passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skay94
Newly Registered

Can I submit birth affidavit with Irish passport application

Post by Skay94 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:12 am

Hi guys ,

I have just received my Irish naturalisation certificate . So I'm officially Irish Woohoo lol but I was looking at the requirements for an Irish passport and it says I have to submit my birth cert. The problem is I don't have one and I can not get one .I only have an affidavit that I used for my naturalisation application. Can I submit an affidavit for my irish passport instead if a birth certificate ?

Thank you in advance

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Re: Can I submit birth affidavit with Irish passport applica

Post by Abu Banat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Skay94 wrote:Hi guys ,

I have just received my Irish naturalisation certificate . So I'm officially Irish Woohoo lol but I was looking at the requirements for an Irish passport and it says I have to submit my birth cert. The problem is I don't have one and I can not get one .I only have an affidavit that I used for my naturalisation application. Can I submit an affidavit for my irish passport instead if a birth certificate ?

Thank you in advance
Hi Congrats
How did you get your naturalisation without birth cert? I thought they are very strict about this?

Skay94
Newly Registered

Post by Skay94 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah I got it without my birth certificate,I sent in my affidavit though.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes, if the affadavit was acccepted for naturalisation it should be accepted for passport also.
BL

dub007

Re: Can I submit birth affidavit with Irish passport applica

Post by dub007 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Simple answer is YES you can
Skay94 wrote:Hi guys ,

Thank you in advance