ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to find Home Office Reference? (not Case ID)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teekay125

Where to find Home Office Reference? (not Case ID)

Post by teekay125 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi, I've been trying to find this information but not able to bottom it out.

When booking the Life in UK test, you have to give Home Office Reference, but on letters from UKBA, all I could find is Case ID (all numeric), which is not accepted by the system. It says the Home Office Reference has first 3 characters alphabets and followed by number. On the PR stamped on my passport, via EEA route, I could find a reference on top, which is 3 characters alphabets and some 5-6 numbers following it. Could someone please tell me if this is the right the Home Office Reference?

Many thanks in advance!

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 pm

I have never seen a Home Office Reference on any correspondence either, always just a Case ID. So I've left it blank.

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Same here, I did my test and i left that question blank ( i think it even says that you can do that, cant really remember), i dont think it makes any difference.

teekay125

Post by teekay125 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:09 pm

lake1 wrote:Same here, I did my test and i left that question blank ( i think it even says that you can do that, cant really remember), i dont think it makes any difference.
Thanks guys for the confirmation.

I will give the reference from the PR stamped on the passport, in case they wanted, they could look up their own Home Office records. In any case, it is the only reference that looks like 3 alphabets, followed by 5-6 numbers.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:46 pm

HO ref number is not on stamp / sticker.

If you look at the letter that arrived with your stamp, I am sure you will find HO reference number.

Every single letter that I have received from HO in past 14-15 years always had the reference number.

teekay125

Post by teekay125 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:HO ref number is not on stamp / sticker.

If you look at the letter that arrived with your stamp, I am sure you will find HO reference number.

Every single letter that I have received from HO in past 14-15 years always had the reference number.
Thanks fur your reply. I received my passport without any covering letter_ it was PR stamped via EEA. Not sure if this is standard. Bottom line is this reference is not needed, so will just leave it blank as these guys said. Thanks everyone