ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk High Court Ruling - Settlement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit1981
Newly Registered

Uk High Court Ruling - Settlement Visa

Post by amit1981 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Good Evening

My spouse applied for a VISA in Mumbai (india) on 08th August. The visa status page is showing as under process at the British High Commission.

Today i emailed the visa office to find out the progress and in turn they called my wife in India and told her that ALL applications for settlement are paused due to the court case going on in the UK regarding income.

From reading online, it seems that only cases which are likely to be refused under financial reasons will be paused - However my income is £34,000 PA.

Do any experts know the current situation on this, am i correct in thinking my application should not be paused and if there is any further information specific to this court case they can point me to.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm

You should speak to them again about it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

amit1981
Newly Registered

Post by amit1981 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 am

Hi

Just to update. Following my post above I emailed the mumbai visa office. I received no reply - however 4 days later my wife's Visa was granted.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Congratulations.