ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Dental Surgery ?????????

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haider.syed

Tier 1 - Dental Surgery ?????????

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Yesterday I met one of my family friend and he is applying for TIER 1

He asked me something and even I couldn't advise him fully........as I didn't want to give him a wrong advice, I asked him give me sometime

question was ..........If someone starting a DENTAL SURGERY will it be ok for TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa.

Reason; What he will be DIRECTOR / PRACTICE MANAGER.

Will it fall in the NVQ Level 4?????

I felt it complicated....... :shock:

Post by top » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:42 pm

level and the nature of services provided to your own company by yourself is different than services to clients is how they check applicant involvement in it.

a medical center involved in dental practice is acceptable if the applicant is providing surgical services to clients every other job being done by the applicant will be administrating a business so is therefore not recognizable.

there is another aspect to be mentioned in line with his current visa requirement compliance he would not have at the 1st place been allowed to practice as a dentist, even being qualified to do such a job he still can not practice as a dentist because he would have broken the visa requirements.

hope above answers your question...

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:54 pm

top wrote:level and the nature of services provided to your own company by yourself is different than services to clients is how they check applicant involvement in it.

a medical center involved in dental practice is acceptable if the applicant is providing surgical services to clients every other job being done by the applicant will be administrating a business so is therefore not recognizable.

there is another aspect to be mentioned in line with his current visa requirement compliance he would not have at the 1st place been allowed to practice as a dentist, even being qualified to do such a job he still can not practice as a dentist because he would have broken the visa requirements.

hope above answers your question...

thanks a lot brother, what you think? what UKBA is looking for?
He doing DENTISTRY
or
HE doing ADMINISTRATION (As a DIRECTOR etc)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 - Dental Surgery ?????????

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:55 pm

@ haider.syed, what is the qualification of your friend and where did he/she acquired the qualification from? Also is he presently in UK or applying from abroad?
If in UK, under which route is he/she applying?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Dear TOP

your reply is good. I am concerned that what UKBA is looking for.
If he is having MBA then DIRECTOR is ok?????
not management but been a director of a dental surgery will be ok???? or not?????

he is a qualified dentist from GDC.
i am not sure what PSW visa allows.......

haider.syed

Re: Tier 1 - Dental Surgery ?????????

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ haider.syed, what is the qualification of your friend and where did he/she acquired the qualification from? Also is he presently in UK or applying from abroad?
If in UK, under which route is he/she applying?
ok
Qualification; MBA from UK, BDS from Pakistan. GDC registered (Allowed to practice in UK)

Location; London, UK

Route; PSW to Tier 1 50.000

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

the only issue is can he be the director of his dental surgery?
can he say working as a dentist as well ???? or just mention as a director of dental surgery???????????????????????????????????

Post by top » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:26 pm

directors are for the company not for the medical centers opening a company and nature of service that company declares is medical center is how it will work, becoming a director takes seconds no issue with that.

if you read properly my last post instead of just giving it a bird eye view you would have known saved me making an other reply, administrating a business does not mean being admin of a business only but everything that you would do to look after your business,starting from receptionist to any higher level you can think of because your SOC is what your clients get from your company.

whether if he is eligible to practice as a dentist in UK all he got to do is to look at or read through his card based visa or visa printed into his passport if still not sure give UKBA a call to clarify the situation.

hope above helps..

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 pm

@ haider.syed, as long as he is allowed to practise in UK, then he should be able to apply for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

Dentist are under; Dental practitioners which is SOC code 2215 and an NQF level 6 role.

I think he should conduct proper research about opening a dental surgery in UK so that he will be able to provide all available documents and also consultation/advisory service in this field is very essential so your friend should do lot of it.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Great. It's getting clear.
Simple and clear words make things easier. Thanks a lot for the reply.
Great one.
God bless.

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Great

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 pm

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by ... -dentists/

More than a visa itself, person should be able to practice according to NHS which is on the least side to be eligible. First confirm it from NHS that you not only want to practice your dentistry but also need to register it as your private business under Tier 1 Entp route. Dental service cant be run from home, definitely you need premises and sensitive attested equipment (I guess you already have home work on it, if planning such business). GDC registration is the basic thing towards your aims and you already have it.

Second thing is visa requirement. When you register your business as a company; definitely you will declare yourself Director. At this point you have cleared that you are going to 'Manage' OR 'Administrate' OR 'Supervise' your company. So if you does not mention it exclusively, it is understood that you are a director.

What you have to mention exclusively is your role with SOC of level 4 or above directly involved in business activities to the clients. Also there is only One place of SOC and One place of job title in the application form. Each SOC has specific number associated with specific job title. Therefore do not mix two SOCs.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

RizKCB wrote:http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by ... -dentists/

More than a visa itself, person should be able to practice according to NHS which is on the least side to be eligible. First confirm it from NHS that you not only want to practice your dentistry but also need to register it as your private business under Tier 1 Entp route. Dental service cant be run from home, definitely you need premises and sensitive attested equipment (I guess you already have home work on it, if planning such business). GDC registration is the basic thing towards your aims and you already have it.

Second thing is visa requirement. When you register your business as a company; definitely you will declare yourself Director. At this point you have cleared that you are going to 'Manage' OR 'Administrate' OR 'Supervise' your company. So if you do not mention it exclusively, it is understood that you are a director.

What you have to mention exclusively is your role with SOC of level 4 or above directly involved in business activities to the clients. Also there is only One place of SOC and One place of job title in the application form. Each SOC has specific number associated with specific job title. Therefore do not mix two SOCs.