ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office sent approval letter to wrong address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Insane
Newly Registered

Home office sent approval letter to wrong address

Post by Insane » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 pm

I have a question please somebody help. I applied for citizenship through Ncs
On 5th of July. Money was taken out of my Acc on 12th July. Been waiting ever since for acknowledgment or approval letter. Nothing
But today I called Homeoffice and they told me decision had been made since 9th of July and certificate and invitation for ceremony been sent to my very first address when I came to uk when I wrote my new address on the an application form. Now I have to wait and see if they can send me a duplicate certificate or not. Has anyone else had this kind of experience and what should I expect next? :? :shock:

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:30 pm

This is indeed "Insane". I think they have obligation to send the invitation letter to right address, call your local council where you will have ceremony and explain the situation, they will tell you if you can book ceremony and attend.

Insane
Newly Registered

Post by Insane » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for ur reply neoseal. Can I book and attend a ceremony without the invitation letter and the certificate?

Tats

Post by Tats » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:24 pm

How could they have sent a certificate to you when you haven't attended an oath ceremony? Its your approval letter and invitation letter that are missing not certificate and invitation letter. It should be less of a serious problem since your citizenship certificate should still be with either home office or council.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 pm

You need to attend the ceremony within 90 days, hence call the council and explain that HO sent invitation letter to old address and see what they say.

Insane
Newly Registered

Post by Insane » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes Tats..you are right it's the invitation and approval letter and I have already spoken to the council neoseal and they told me certificate been sent back to Homeoffice because the address they had for me was wrong. Now I have spoken to the Homeoffice and new invitation letter and certificate being sent to me and my local council again. Fingers crossed I get it soon. Thanks for all your replies.