ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after Tier 1 General - English and Life in UK Test ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anotherone_waiting
- thin ice -

ILR after Tier 1 General - English and Life in UK Test ???

Post by anotherone_waiting » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Guys,

I am sorry i am adding another post to the similar questions but i have spent few hours going through Tier 1 and ILR post and couldnt really find any conclusive answer.

I am hoping to get the answers to the questions i got by some of your time and advise.

I got my Tier 1 from India in 17th Feb 2009 and i travelled to UK on 8th May 2009. I applied for my Tier 1 extension last year in Feb 2012 and as we all know it does take long for Visa to come back and ironically i received it on 8th May (The date i first entered UK in 2009) 2012.

Now i will complete by 5 years on 8th May 2014 which will complete exact 5 years from my first entry in the UK but as i am aware there is 3 months of sleeping time from the date of Visa issued.

Now the question i have are.

Q. Is it safe to apply in 18 January 2014 (Considering my visa stamped on 17th Feb 2009 and i entered UK on 8th May 2009 which is with-in 3 months)

Q. I have been hearing that now we need to give English Test and Life in the UK, is it true and compulsory?

Q. I did post graduate from here and of course Masters from India in English do i still need to take that english exam?

Also my wife joined me earlier this year (April) as my dependent.

Q. Does she also qualify for ILR ? Or she will be treated differently?

Q. My wife did all her studies in Brazil so does english exam become necessary for her?

Apologies for taking a lot of your time but would appreciate if you can put some light or answer above questions for me please?

Thanks in advance

NV
Peace

anotherone_waiting
- thin ice -

Post by anotherone_waiting » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Guys,

Request you to spare some time to this post....Thanks
Peace

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am

Q. Is it safe to apply in 18 January 2014 (Considering my visa stamped on 17th Feb 2009 and i entered UK on 8th May 2009 which is with-in 3 months)

I guess you can but not sure about this..

Q. I have been hearing that now we need to give English Test and Life in the UK, is it true and compulsory?

Yes, you must have to pass it. I know it's a pain...

Q. I did post graduate from here and of course Masters from India in English do i still need to take that english exam?

You have already demonstrated the English skills when you applied for Tier 1 visa first time so you don't need to prove it anymore.

No, as per previous rules, she must had to spent 2 years in UK to qualify for ILR but in November they are going to change this to spend 4/5 years. You will have to apply for "Further leave to remain" for your wife.

Q. My wife did all her studies in Brazil so does english exam become necessary for her?

Yes and No. For further leave to remain visa, your wife don't need to do the English exam. For tier 1 dependents it's not required. It will be required when you apply for her ILR and she will also need to do the Life in the UK test according to the new rules. In short as your wife is not eligible to ILR yet so don't need to do that for now.

anotherone_waiting
- thin ice -

Post by anotherone_waiting » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks for answering the questions,,,at least few things are clearer now.

Are you aware of any URL from UKBA to back the below answers just in case?

Thanks in advance

safeery2k wrote:Q. Is it safe to apply in 18 January 2014 (Considering my visa stamped on 17th Feb 2009 and i entered UK on 8th May 2009 which is with-in 3 months)

No, as per previous rules, she must had to spent 2 years in UK to qualify for ILR but in November they are going to change this to spend 4/5 years. You will have to apply for "Further leave to remain" for your wife.

Yes and No. For further leave to remain visa, your wife don't need to do the English exam. For tier 1 dependents it's not required. It will be required when you apply for her ILR and she will also need to do the Life in the UK test according to the new rules. In short as your wife is not eligible to ILR yet so don't need to do that for now.
Peace