ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverstar
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by silverstar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Dear all,

I wanted to ask for your help and guidance with regards to my ILR application.

I was about 3 and half months short of reaching the 10 year stay (which is to be the end of December 2013) but after consulting my solicitor, I decided to apply for the ILR application just before my tier 2 visa was due to expire as I did not wanted to break up the continuous legal stay in the UK.

So I applied on 14/09/2013
And have received my biometrics letter 15/10/2013
The biometrics letter was dated on 11/10/2013

I still have not done my biometrics as I thought it is best for me to do it late as possible to ensure that I allow enough time for me to reach the 10 year stay. What should I do? Wait up to 15 working days? or do it asap?

I really need some reassurance as I am constantly worried with this application....

Many thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 pm

Did your solicitor not advise you to apply for an extension and then vary nearer to the date? Though, if at the time of a decision you meet the requirements for ILR, that should suffice.

I believe if you miss biometrics, they'll send one reminder, though I'd be careful.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

silverstar
Newly Registered

Post by silverstar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 pm

No she did not...

Actually she was pretty useless... she was just told me that I cannot apply for any other visa category so she cant really help.

Have I done completely the wrong thing???

silverstar
Newly Registered

Post by silverstar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I was thinking of doing it closer to the 15 working day limit.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm

No, so long as at the date of decision you meet the requirements. However, the adviser should have given you the option of applying for limited leave to remain and then varying. I can't say how long you should leave your biometrics, I'd just get it done within the prescribed period.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

silverstar
Newly Registered

Post by silverstar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Just to confirm; so the application waiting time also counts towards the 10 year residency?
Sorry im bit confused with everything at the moment.

Yes, I am planning to get my biometrics done within the 15 working day period.

Thanks so much

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Technically if the case was decided exceptionally fast it could be refused. However, if at the date of decision you met the requirements it should succeed.

silverstar
Newly Registered

Post by silverstar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you so much for your help!

lizhao12345
Newly Registered

Post by lizhao12345 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 am

Applications received more than 28 days before the required qualifying period is completed

You must refuse applications received more than 28 days before the applicant completes the required qualifying period for long residence. This is because the applicant has not completed the required period of leave in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ary#page20
page 15

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am

See also, AQ (Pakistan).