ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier 4 dependant to tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jona46
Newly Registered
Columbia

Switching from tier 4 dependant to tier 2

Post by jona46 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:32 am

Hi, I'm a bit confused and stressed, after having won an appeal against a refusal due to the number of working hours; now my company has told me that due to financial issues they will be closing in couple of months; but anyway I would like to share my questions:

Facts:From tier 4, I've been issued a Tier 2 visa which most probably will be curtailed in few months time.

1. I'm with my wife as my dependant but she is planning to start a MBA next year. can I apply as her tier 4 dependant if my sponsorship ends? this will be done from our home country.

2. If whilst being her dependant I managed to find a Sponsor, will any cooling off period apply for me?
i.e.
-tier 2 visa curtailed Feb 2014
-switch to tier 4 dependant visa April 2014
-switch to tier 2 oct 2015
will this be a possible scenario?

I've been trying to look for a case like this but nothing similar. I would really appreciate any feedback, so I can device a possible solution