ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for husband who is a PBS dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmahere
Newly Registered

ILR for husband who is a PBS dependent

Post by kmahere » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate if gurus can clarify my below queries.

Background: I'm currently an ILR holder (granted on 14/10/2013), was previously on Tier 2 general. My husband is a PBS dependant, entry clearance granted in Aug 2011, but entered UK only on Feb 25, 2012. I changed employment in May 2012 and hence my husband applied for LTR as PBS dependant along with me and was granted. He is in the UK from Feb 25,2012.

Questions:
1) His 2 years will complete on Feb 25,2014, is this correct?
2) Can he apply for ILR 28 days before Feb 25,2014?
3) Should he use the form SET (O)?
4) Cohab docs - is it sufficient if we produce evidences FROM the LAST GRANT of LEAVE, i.e., from May 2012? I read in this forum somewhere that docs from last grant of leave UPTO a max of 2 years is only required.
5) Cohab docs - a total of 6 docs for each (roughly 1 for every 4 months) from at least 3 different sources are sufficient? Is this correct?
6) Should the cohab docs be provided for all 2 years starting the day 1 he entered into UK? We have ample lot of docs starting July 2012, but only a couple - a joint tenancy agreement & a GP's letter for the period before then (dated March & April respectively). Is this OK as I dont have any proofs for his residence immediately after his entry into the country?

Thanks in advance!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Everything seems dine but I would suggest perhaps applying from Feb 25, 2014 when 2 years has been completed.

You should only need cohabitation proof since the last leave was granted but I would have 2 years ready just in case.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Also refer to Dependants of PBS (Tier 1 General, Tier 2) migrants and I hope you are aware of KOL & LITUK.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kmahere
Newly Registered

Post by kmahere » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Thank you so much both of you.

One another question:

7) If I change employer (which I'm planning to, before my husband's ILR), will his current LTR as PBS dependant still hold good?
I guess that even if UKBA would curtail, the process will take atleast few months before which we will apply for ILR...We didnt switch to FLR (M) as he will complete 2 years before his current leave expires.

Thanks again in advance!

kmahere
Newly Registered

Post by kmahere » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi, would appreciate a lot if any of you gurus can clarify my last question.
This is one question I'm unable to get an answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

kmahere
Newly Registered

Post by kmahere » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Gurus,

Please would you spare time to answer the below question.

7) If I change employer (which I'm planning to, before my husband's ILR), will his current LTR as PBS dependant still hold good?
I guess that even if UKBA would curtail, the process will take atleast few months before which we will apply for ILR...We didnt switch to FLR (M) as he will complete 2 years before his current leave expires.