ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convert from Tier Dependent to Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Convert from Tier Dependent to Tier1

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier1 Dependent VISA since 2009, and staying in UK since April 2010 and I am working since then. Can I switch my VISa to Tier1? And if possible what will the rules be? And how can I proceed further?

-
Sanju

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Not permitted to switch. You need to apply from outside the UK in a country where you have a right of residence.

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Not permitted to switch. You need to apply from outside the UK in a country where you have a right of residence.
Thankyou for the reply. So I need to go back to my country and make a fresh application? And what sort of application would that be??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm

The one that you, yourself, referred to when you asked the question.

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The one that you, yourself, referred to when you asked the question.
Yes Tier 1 VISA Application, but I think that has been stopped since 2011. As I am in UK and working wanted to know what all options I have..
Reason is to do with my married life I am planning to come out of the relationship due to some issues and before that need to make sure what all options I have as I need to inform my employer with some notice period before I resign and leave..

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Tier 1 (General) is closed to new applications but there are several other Tier 1 categories. You decide what suits you!

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Tier 1 (General) is closed to new applications but there are several other Tier 1 categories. You decide what suits you!
Thanks Again
I did make a search but could not find the right option so had to join forum for some guidance...