ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxwell

Re: FOI - Number of applications

Post by Maxwell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:12 pm

maphubs wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6u8arkplceej ... _28880.pdf

Yes, there are so far less application. I obtained this FOI request earlier, check yourself this HO response via above link

Thanks
Maxwell wrote:Did you notice there are less people in Skydrive in 2013 than in 2012?

I wonder is it because there are less applications this year or less people let forum know about their applications? I guess there are less applications because of all new rules, like 7 years limit on study, no dependants except phd, etc. I think next year there will be even less and soon very very little on this route because they made it virtually impossible to live 10 years by new rules.

What do you think?
Wow, great link. Thank you very much!

It is easy to calculate, there is a drop of more than 50% in 10 Years Residence application in 2013 from 2012 ! This is what I thought. They cancel it indirectly, by different laws like 7 years total study limit. We are dying kind guys, congratulations on achieving the impossible!

And, by the way, I don't think they fired half of their employees, so hopefully there won't be a lot of delays this year because there are less than half applicants comparing to last year.

shallo9
Newly Registered

Post by shallo9 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Anybody in the same boat as me

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Please update skydrive

Mess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:06 pm Post subject: ILR letter arrived this morning Reply with quote
Please could someone update this in skydrive for me:

Application date: May 29, 2013
Bio letter date: June 4, 2013
Bio Done: June 18, 2013
ILR letter issued: Oct. 20, 2013
ILR letter received: Oct. 22, 2013

Thanks

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Benito wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
Benito wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and all "Forummates",

Could you please help me with advice?
I asked this before (not sure if you remember) but just want to doubble check:

Assuming I'll get ILR, can I apply for ILR for my UK born baby instead of applying for naturalization (MN1)?
Thing is we cannot have dual citizenship in the country where I am from and I have to travel there very often. If "Yes" - then which form shall I use? SET(F) or SET(O)?

Thank you in advance!

Would you be happy to share which country you are from. (Only to find the best possible solution)
I have sent private message to you, let me know if you haven't received it please?
Thanks
Hi Damanisshallo, I wonder if get my pm?
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Benito wrote:Hi Damanisshallo, I wonder if get my pm?
Thanks

SET(F) is the relevant form (Child under the age of 18 of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the UK) to use.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Benito wrote:Hi Damanisshallo, I wonder if get my pm?
Thanks

SET(F) is the relevant form (Child under the age of 18 of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the UK) to use.
Thank you very much!

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

ILR Dependants application forms

Post by Ibthisam » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:38 am

Hello Dearest members,

I'm on sky drive, applied for ILR Long residence route on 21/08/13.

I assume everything will go well to me.

My first child was born in UK August 2007( holding a UK birth certificate, srilankan birth registered & passport and travelled twice). Dependant to my wife as a BRP dependant, visa valid until May 2014.

My second child was born in UK February 2013( no passport or srilankan birth registered, only UK birth certificate). No Visa( Newborn).

My wife is on student Visa. Visa Valid until 2014.

My kind request to experts,
what application forms will I be using to my child 1, child 2 and my wife; If my ILR will be granted before their May 2014 visas expire? to apply their leave to remain/settlement/ anything else.

Before my ILR approval, Is there any faster way of applying to my 2 children and wife( without waiting my ILR results/approval), them as my dependants? And what forms?

I don't mind a slow approval for them, as long as my wife is out of Tier4 student visa category and becoming my dependant( including my children).

PS: I was a BRP dependant to my wife until I applied to ILR.

With Kindest regards
Ibthisam.

sehmett

ILR Timeline

Post by sehmett » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 am

Hello everyone,

I have finally received my ILR. Here is my timeline:

Application Sent: 10 April 2013
Payment Method: Postal Order
Acknowledgement letter: 12 April 2013
Biometrics letter received: 5 June 2013 dated 3 June 2013
Biometrics enrolled: 7 June 2013
Biometric Card (ILR) Received: 21 October 2013
Passports Received: 22 October 2013

My route to ILR: student visas + PSW (no long absences and total number of absences appr. 400 days)

Good luck to all who are waiting and who are going to apply!
Last edited by sehmett on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Dependants application forms

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 am

Ibthisam wrote:Hello Dearest members,

My first child was born in UK August 2007( holding a UK birth certificate, srilankan birth registered & passport and travelled twice). Dependant to my wife as a BRP dependant, visa valid until May 2014.

My second child was born in UK February 2013( no passport or srilankan birth registered, only UK birth certificate). No Visa( Newborn).

what application forms will I be using to my child 1, child 2 and my wife; If my ILR will be granted before their May 2014 visas expire? to apply their leave to remain/settlement/ anything else.

Do not worry about your children's visa expiry as they are UK-Born. Just wait for your ILR and use MN1 Application under Section 1(3) to register them as BC

Before my ILR approval, Is there any faster way of applying to my 2 children and wife( without waiting my ILR results/approval), them as my dependants? And what forms?

Hopefully by end of May 2014 you should get your decision. UKBA cannot process your wife's application until a decision is made on your application and again WRT your children don't worry abt them. My Suggestion is to wait for your decision and attend a PEO for your wife's application.

I don't mind a slow approval for them, as long as my wife is out of Tier4 student visa category and becoming my dependant( including my children).

It is completely upto you. You can use FLR(M) form for your wife and use this covering letter template

Note: Remember, there is an English Language Requirement for all dependents from 28/10/2013 and since your wife is moving into the spouse's route for the first time, she (or/and you) will have to meet the Financial Requirement (£18600 pa) as well.

With Kindest regards
Ibthisam.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nanipals
Newly Registered

My ILR waiting for 21 weeks

Post by nanipals » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:22 am

Hi,

Application Sent: 23rd May 2013

Acknowledgement Letter Date:28th May 2013

Acknowledgement Letter received: 4th June 2013

Biometric enrolmentLetter Date:12th June 2013

Biometric EnrolmentLetter Received:17th June 2013

Biometric enrolled: 18th June 2013

Waiting for 21 weeks..

Application sent through solicitor. In Feb 2005, visa extension application was sent through university batch scheme on 23rd February(Visa was expiring on 28th April). returned to university
on 4th April as the payment was not gone through.
Application was resent on 13th April and was approved on 5th May. When i checked in my SAR file, it is showing that the application was returned on 5th March as the payment was declined. But dont have any clue where they sent.
The returned application was returned to them and they resent it to the University on 4th April. I dont have any clue on why it is returned back to home office.
Due to this mess, I approached solicitor. Hopefully, it will not create any problem as i did not receive any information about my visa extension application till 4th of APril. As soon as i got information, within 10 days, i paid fee and application was re-submitted.

Due to HSBC bank declined a payment from the bank, i got into this problem. Otherwise,My application is straightforward.. Masters 2 years, PhD 5 years, Tier-1 dependent 3 years..

My solicitor told me that should not create problem as i re-submitted within 28 days. But it is all depend on descretion of the case worker.
If it is forwarded to senior case worker, It will take ages it seems.

Lots of pressure in waiting..

I called home office and the response is: Your application processing is not yet completed. When i asked them the status and progress, they replied " NO FURTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE". could any one please tell me how long does it take for the case worker to finish processing of application if it is assigned to them today. Will they finish processing on the same day or will it take longer??

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:40 am

@nanipals

In-spite of all this mess, you've returned your application within your visa expiry date (28/04/2005) so you should be fine with the gaps.

There is no specific answer on how long it would take for a senior case worker to deal with your application (I wish there was one). So fingers crossed and good luck.

Otherwise your application looks very straight forward.
Skydrives, Templates

nanipals
Newly Registered

Post by nanipals » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:57 am

Damanisshallo wrote:@nanipals

In-spite of all this mess, you've returned your application within your visa expiry date (28/04/2005) so you should be fine with the gaps.

There is no specific answer on how long it would take for a senior case worker to deal with your application (I wish there was one). So fingers crossed and good luck.

Otherwise your application looks very straight forward.

Actually, the problem was .. my visa was expiring on 28th Feb 2005..I applied through university on 23rd Feb 2005... The second one is on 12th April 2005... It is over my visa expiry date.. Section 3c applies if i return application within 28days of receiving application back due to declined payment ... But my issue was :
As per University records, Home office returned application on 5th April 2005 and sent back with postal order on 13th April 2005 (within 8 days). If this is the case, section 3c applies and i am not in problem.

But As per SAR File,
Home office returned application on 5th March 2005..
Due to some reason, the returned application went back to home office and then they sent it back to university on 4th April 2005.. this is a big mess.. No one knows why the returned application went back.. University did not receive, i did not receive, no information on error with royal mail. I was living in university student accommodation. But as i applied through the university, they should send it back to university if there is a problem with the application. if they send it to my address, i would have received it .. But did not receive it. we dont know if royal mail messed it up. As per SAR file, they sent by batch scheme by registered post.

If i would have received it in march 2005 , i would have re-submitted with postal order within a week as i did it when i received information from the university about the declined payment in April 2005.

I dont know how long it will take for the case worker/ senior case worker to process this . No helpful information from home office.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm

nanipals wrote:If i would have received it in march 2005 , i would have re-submitted with postal order within a week as i did it when i received information from the university about the declined payment in April 2005.

I dont know how long it will take for the case worker/ senior case worker to process this . No helpful information from home office.
Mean while have a read through this post

– Long residence and private life @ Page 17 wrote:Gap(s) in lawful residence
You may grant the application if an applicant:
 has short gaps in lawful residence through making previous applications out of time by no more than 28 calendar das, and
 meets all the other requirements for lawful residence.

You can use your judgement and use discretion in cases where there may be exceptional reasons why a single application was made more than 28 days out of time.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependants application forms

Post by Ibthisam » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello Dear Damanis Shallo,
Thank you for your speedy response and answers to my query.

It's a very good solution for my wife to apply FLR(M) as she is struggling to cooperate with her two lives( college + home) for so long now, wouldn't that be too early for her to apply right now using the covering letter and FLR(M)?

Wouldnt they reject her application as she's got a good 7 months left on her current permission and I'm only 2 months into their(HO) 6 months maximum waiting time?

Does she still have to attend college full time after applying to FLR(M) as this is a change of circumstance/route?

Thanking you in advance
Ibthisam.

[ quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="Ibthisam"]Hello Dearest members,

[b]Do not worry about your children's visa expiry as they are UK-Born. Just wait for your ILR and use [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf]MN1 Application [/url] under [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf]Section 1(3)[/url] to register them as BC[/b]

[b]Hopefully by end of May 2014 you should get your decision. UKBA cannot process your wife's application until a decision is made on your application and again WRT your children don't worry abt them. My Suggestion is to wait for your decision and attend a PEO for your wife's application.[/b]

[b]It is completely upto you. You can use [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf]FLR(M) form[/url] for your wife and use [url=http://sdrv.ms/19p7ihz]this covering letter template[/url][/b]

[i]Note: Remember, there is an English Language Requirement for all dependents from 28/10/2013 and since your wife is moving into the spouse's route for the first time, she (or/and you) will have to meet the Financial Requirement (£18600 pa) as well.[/i]

With Kindest regards
Ibthisam.[/quote][/quote]

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:03 pm

It looks like UKBA started to work with June biometrics.

I know it very much depends on luck and there is a person here from Leeds who is waiting since October 2012, but still I wonder, people on Skydrive who gave biometrics in March and April and still waiting, do they all really wait or some of them forgot to update it. Maybe some of them could reply here and also maybe let us know if their cases are straightforward or not.

988trader
Newly Registered

Post by 988trader » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Maxwell wrote:It looks like UKBA started to work with June biometrics.

I know it very much depends on luck and there is a person here from Leeds who is waiting since October 2012, but still I wonder, people on Skydrive who gave biometrics in March and April and still waiting, do they all really wait or some of them forgot to update it. Maybe some of them could reply here and also maybe let us know if their cases are straightforward or not.
=========================

Yes Maxwell, I think the same.. some people may have got their documents but just have not bothered to update Skydrive

khizarm
Pakistan

Re: 10 years (LR) ILR

Post by khizarm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:13 pm

khizarm wrote:Hi everyone,

I just sent my application for ILR using SET (LR) forms:

Application Sent: 17/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 19/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 11/10/2013 dated 07/10/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 11/10/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3).
Life in the UK Test Result.
Payslips.
bank statement with bank letter showing current balance with opening date of account.
current bills.
covering letter.

My route to 10 years residence is 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 (General) + 3 years Tier 1 ( General expire 10/10/2015). All I sent in the post was three passports, with visas and residence permit spanning last 10 years.

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 pm

my Idea is they will end finishing with June batches by mid of next month. Looking at the Skydrive, on average June is not that heavy month. I think by the end of November they should be really on mid of July and it might take them all the way till Jan, allowing for xmas break for overworked case workers!
This is total speculation based on guess work!
Maxwell wrote:It looks like UKBA started to work with June biometrics.

Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 am

Dear all,

I have just received my documents and approval letter!
Thank you everybody for help in this forum. Special thank you Damanishallo for ur advices. My timeline below:

Sent: 20.05.2013
Acnl Lt: 25.05.13
Bio Inv: 01.06.13
Bio enrld: 01.06.13
Issued: 22.10.13
PP Ret'd: 24.10.13

It took 5 months and 2 days

Could someone kindly update skydrive please?

All who are waiting I wish good luck!

Soban

Post by Soban » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:41 am

Benito wrote:Dear all,

I have just received my documents and approval letter!
Thank you everybody for help in this forum. Special thank you Damanishallo for ur advices. My timeline below:

Sent: 20.05.2013
Acnl Lt: 25.05.13
Bio Inv: 01.06.13
Bio enrld: 01.06.13
Issued: 22.10.13
PP Ret'd: 24.10.13

It took 5 months and 2 days

Could someone kindly update skydrive please?

All who are waiting I wish good luck!
Congratulations Benito!
--

workseeker
Newly Registered

48 Long weeks waiting on 10 years long residency - Depressed

Post by workseeker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:43 am

All / Daminisshallo,

It's been over 48 weeks Since I applied for Long Residency Set(O) application, which was posted on Nov 2012, I even approached MP in the month of June 2013 and received standard response "We are looking at the matter and will take a decision on application ASAP" and nothing more than that.

My status as below:

5 Years Student
3 Years WP
2 Years Tier 1(G) - Visa expired on May 2013.

I do acknowledge that AmjadLeeds and few others are also waiting for one year, but this waiting is very annoying and my life is stand still and making no progress whatsoever. I keep ringing them every week and as everyone know that we receive F***** standard robotic answers.

Is there anything we can do in this matter? I came across Daminisshallo's post somewhere on the forum and that he has filled in parliamentary ombudsman complaint form!! And sent to MP to address it to the relevant department and it turned out to be a better outcome.

Daminisshallo: Could you please provide me with some information on this on how to fill in the form (Where it says “Do you want us to take action on this complain”) I am not sure whether to say yes to this section or not. It would be a great help if you can guide me on this matter.

Many Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 48 Long weeks waiting on 10 years long residency - Depre

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:56 am

workseeker wrote:All / Daminisshallo,

It's been over 48 weeks Since I applied for Long Residency Set(O) application, which was posted on Nov 2012, I even approached MP in the month of June 2013 and received standard response "We are looking at the matter and will take a decision on application ASAP" and nothing more than that.

My status as below:

5 Years Student
3 Years WP

I do acknowledge that AmjadLeeds and few others are also waiting for one year, but this waiting is very annoying and my life is stand still and making no progress whatsoever. I keep ringing them every week and as everyone know that we receive F***** standard robotic answers.

Is there anything we can do in this matter? I came across Daminisshallo's post somewhere on the forum and that he has filled in parliamentary ombudsman complaint form!! And sent to MP to address it to the relevant department and it turned out to be a better outcome.

it's here

Daminisshallo: Could you please provide me with some information on this on how to fill in the form (Where it says “Do you want us to take action on this complain”) I am not sure whether to say yes to this section or not. It would be a great help if you can guide me on this matter.

My partner just said, she doesn't want them to take any legal action but where it said "What do you want us to do?" she said, "I want this to be sorted as soon as possible and further mentioned that she want the UKBA to charge appropriately for the 9 month wait and not the fee for a so called "World Class Service".

Current Update: UKBA said they need 8 weeks to sort her fee refund. (I'll be surprised if this happens)

Many Thanks
Skydrives, Templates

workseeker
Newly Registered

Re: 48 Long weeks waiting on 10 years long residency - Depre

Post by workseeker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
workseeker wrote:All / Daminisshallo,

My status as below:

5 Years Student
3 Years WP

it's here

My partner just said, she doesn't want them to take any legal action but where it said "What do you want us to do?" she said, "I want this to be sorted as soon as possible and further mentioned that she want the UKBA to charge appropriately for the 9 month wait and not the fee for a so called "World Class Service".

Current Update: UKBA said they need 8 weeks to sort her fee refund. (I'll be surprised if this happens)

Many Thanks
Thanks for your quick reply Daminisshallo. I am not even expecting a refund!! I would like them to make a decision on my application Sooner rather than later, as it has happened in your case. How long did it took in your case to get response from the date of complaint sent?

mat1055
Newly Registered

Post by mat1055 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi everyone, I am going to sumbit my ILR application. Does my current passport's expiry date matters? It expires on 23/12/2013.

Thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

mat1055 wrote:Hi everyone, I am going to sumbit my ILR application. Does my current passport's expiry date matters? It expires on 23/12/2013.

Thanks

Dear MAT1055,

yes its matter , they will not issue you visa or biometric card on your expired passport , LR application are taking minimum 6 months so better apply for the renewal of passport and then apply !

best of luck !