ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport loss time

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jmc41
Newly Registered

Passport loss time

Post by jmc41 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 am

I am aiming to emmigrate to Canada from the UK in the next few months, this is through work, with the idea to move as soon as things can be sorted out, and taking into account 12 weeks notice.

However, I am also going on vacation abroad at the end of December for three weeks (Argentina amongst others) when I will need my passport. Does anyone know if this is likely to cause problems? Does one submit their passport to be 'stamped' after the work permit is approved, or is it likely to be needed up-front and potentially be sitting in an office somewhere for several months?

It would really suck to have to delay everything until the 3rd week of January when I return, this decision has been the driving factor in most of my decisions for almost a decade and is finally moving in the right direction!

Thanks

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 am

You may want to ask the question to the work permit processor. You can call Canadian High commission and ask them.

jmc41
Newly Registered

Post by jmc41 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 am

Sorry for the delayed response, I wanted to let you know - after some delays with various bits - I've spoken to the attorney and they've confirmed they don't need the passport.

Sounds like everything gets decided here, and if it's all approved I just go over and 'apply' at the border. Fingers crossed.