ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Endorsement in the passport of an overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigration1

Endorsement in the passport of an overstayer

Post by immigration1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:26 am

What exactly is put in an overstayer's passport before s/he is removed or leaves the UK if s/he comes to the attention of the authorities (e.g. if they try to leave the UK through Heathrow)? Is it stamped or marked in any way?

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:05 pm

There are curently no checks on departure so it should be unlikely that overstaying would be picked up on. However, if it does come to their attention as best I know a line or lines are drawn through the visa. Not sure if there is a specific stamp for overstaying.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:01 am

Checks on departure are in fact being re-introduced and are currently sporadic but nevertheless not so very unusual, especially at Heathrow and Gatwick. I have had to pass through passport control several times on leaving the UK in the past year or so.

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Yes, can confirm you are most likely to be checked at Heathrow T3 and if you tell them the true story then you will get the follwing statement in the centre page of your passport "Served with IS151A at LHR <DATE>"
Please make sure you have some body to accompany you on the return journey as God Forbid if you get cought then it will be the most paiful trip back home.

Note: You will also be finger printed.

But be optimistic and be strong and look confident.
If you get stopped by First Line Passport checker and if you say you lost your passport then you will be reffered to senior HO reps. And they are likely to shout at you to make you nervous

Good Luck and God be with you.

immigration1

Post by immigration1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 am

jamalkhan wrote:Yes, can confirm you are most likely to be checked at Heathrow T3 and if you tell them the true story then you will get the follwing statement in the centre page of your passport "Served with IS151A at LHR <DATE>"
Please make sure you have some body to accompany you on the return journey as God Forbid if you get cought then it will be the most paiful trip back home.

Note: You will also be finger printed.

But be optimistic and be strong and look confident.
If you get stopped by First Line Passport checker and if you say you lost your passport then you will be reffered to senior HO reps. And they are likely to shout at you to make you nervous

Good Luck and God be with you.
Thanks, did you have a personal experience of this or know someone who had? I'm not the illegal one but my friend from India. I'll certainly accompany her when she leaves the UK...

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 pm

It was personal and I pray no one else has to go through what I did. And also when she arrives at the airport in her home country then local immigration can also be troublesome