ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exercising Treaty Rights - please clarify??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gigixx
Newly Registered

Exercising Treaty Rights - please clarify??

Post by gigixx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:20 pm

I am trying to understand this. If as a British citizen you have lived and worked in another eea member state even if it was years before can you exercise your treaty rights ? This in turn would effectively allow you to bring a non eu spouse to reside in the UK even they did not reside with you in the other member state and in fact you met them after this time. I believe it is to do with regulation 9 and the "metlock case" If this is permitted is their a time limit on how long ago you resided in the other country ? I am aware of the SS route where the non eu partner resides with you but understand that this may also be a route. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 pm

The requirements of Singh are set out in regulation 9. Metock was unrelated.

You will need to have lived together in another member state and you require to have worked there.