ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application refused and need helps with appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Davmck70 wrote:It will come out well. the only concern is the timing it takes for the judicial process to be completed as the HO now has a habit of throwing cases out to the judges via the appeal process.
I advice you package all evidences and more importantly make a visit to a hearing to experience it before your hearing date. This will help you to prepare well and understand the process. It is simple and straightforward. Any help needed, give us a shout.

thanks man , need help to prepare bundle :?

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Alik8 wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:It will come out well. the only concern is the timing it takes for the judicial process to be completed as the HO now has a habit of throwing cases out to the judges via the appeal process.
I advice you package all evidences and more importantly make a visit to a hearing to experience it before your hearing date. This will help you to prepare well and understand the process. It is simple and straightforward. Any help needed, give us a shout.

thanks man , need help to prepare bundle :?
Do you want to handle it yourself or with the help of a lawyer?

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Davmck70 wrote:Do you want to handle it yourself or with the help of a lawyer?
without lawyer

Quame
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application refused and need helps with appeal

Post by Quame » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:08 pm

askme wrote:no date for appeal yet. but money taken out the account though.
Great! I guess its progressing then. My money has has also been deducted. :)

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 am

Alik8 wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:Do you want to handle it yourself or with the help of a lawyer?
without lawyer
I am not sure you explained the reasons for refusal and rights of appeal. If you can then do, I or others may be able to chip in some advice.
Cheers

patbay
Newly Registered

Post by patbay » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Guys, I am in a similar position. I recieved my refusal letter with the same silly excuse of Statutory Declaration with Ghanain mariage certificate. can you please tell me which solicitor you are using and their contact please? That will be much helpful for me. You can PM me please.
Last edited by patbay on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarkoradi boy Gh
Newly Registered

ghana statutory declaration and marriage certificate

Post by Tarkoradi boy Gh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 am

guys my appeal has been allowed. i was initially refused because my marriage cert was not recognized, again i was refused because the officer said my statutory declaration did not show our place of residence... the judge said all the information i needed to provide could be seen on the face marriage cert, he said the office had not assert that it was a false document.. the judge said the statutory declaration was an addition document to support the marriage and the main proof of the marriage. he was of the view that the marriage certificate is valid...... i did a lot of research on it and wrote a 20 page appeal with supporting document including NA (Ghana)2009 UKAIT 00009. My solicitor wanted to charge me 600 pounds so i decided to do it myself....

Quame
Newly Registered

Re: ghana statutory declaration and marriage certificate

Post by Quame » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Tarkoradi boy Gh wrote:guys my appeal has been allowed. i was initially refused because my marriage cert was not recognized, again i was refused because the officer said my statutory declaration did not show our place of residence... the judge said all the information i needed to provide could be seen on the face marriage cert, he said the office had not assert that it was a false document.. the judge said the statutory declaration was an addition document to support the marriage and the main proof of the marriage. he was of the view that the marriage certificate is valid...... i did a lot of research on it and wrote a 20 page appeal with supporting document including NA (Ghana)2009 UKAIT 00009. My solicitor wanted to charge me 600 pounds so i decided to do it myself....
Nice one there, bro! Congratulations!! I believe you went for paper appeal, right?

kiki05
Newly Registered

Post by kiki05 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:14 pm

hi Guys,
i am in the same situation actually with the my marriage contracted in Ghana. but after reading all your comments i think is not a big issue.
I have been refused for two reasons: the first one being the marriage certificate and the second one being my husband's employment.
the HO claimed that they called My Husband's work place on 26 December 2013 and no one answer the phone to confirm that he was employee there ( my refusal was issued on 10 December) , also they checked at the companies house website and found out that the status of the company where my husband works is "active but on proposal of strike off".
we are a bit confused about it , can we just go ahead with the appeal and expect the employer to write a letter confirming that my husband is still an employee of the company?
thank you for your help

dappy33
Newly Registered

Post by dappy33 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey obie just wondering if you have any info on UK residence card(EEA2)
Am planning on applying for it but not sure if it matters whether my EU wife is in work or not before applying.
hues my self to. any info pl z?