ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still unsure about my situation Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Still unsure about my situation Spouse Visa

Post by limey10 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi all.

I (UK Citizen) have been working in Malaysia as an on-line proofreader for the past three years, continuously making more than GBP18,600 a year.

I have moved back to the UK with my 6 year old son so that he can go to school (he has educational needs that can not be met in Malaysia) and obviously I want my wife to join us both there.

I have continued working for my Malaysian clients, and registered myself as self employed with HMRC. Although I intend to operate as a sole trader initially, I have registered as a UK Ltd company, which I intend to leave dormant until my income reaches a higher level.

Whilst in Malaysia, I never formalized any accounts or paid taxes (even though I was legally allowed to work in any field I wanted). In the meantime, I have created my own accounts and have bank statements to back up my income.

My wife owns a property (all be it paid for by myself) and we receive GBP500 per month rental income.

I also receive a pension of GBP650 per month.

We own a house that will give us approximately GBP70K if we sell it

If UKBA accept all of my finances as valid, then clearly there is no problem. However, here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have any comments on what I have said so far?

2) If they don't accept my finances and put our visa application on hold, I believe that under the latest regulation changes (I think October 1st) that money from property sales (i.e., our house) can be used as savings instantly to boost any financial requirement shortfall. Can I simply submit this new information to UKBA while our visa app is on hold?

I'm sure there are more questions coming, but these seem to be the most pertinent.

I really look forward to hearing from you guys and girls

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Well the money from the rental income will be taken into consideration, and the earnings of over 18600 will certainly be accepted, provided it is properly documented.

The 70K property will not be considered, as it is not savings or earning.

The pension payment will also be considered, if indeed it is necessary.

Seen as your income is pretty decent, you will not encounter much problem.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Obie, I believe there may be a problem with submitting verifiable accounts. The OP says he has a 'dormant' limited company which is registered with HMRC. The ECO is unlikely to accept unaudited UK accounts as proof of income. Also income on self-assessments for sole traders is taken as the net sum declared for tax purposes after expenses and allowable deductions...which may well not amount to £18,600 annual earnings.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Please continue in your other thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.