ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving adequate maintenance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jem60

Proving adequate maintenance

Post by Jem60 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

Hi, I am new on here and just sent a private message to someone, before reading the rules, so I apologise for that! I am desperate for an end to the nightmare my daughter is going through just to have her husband with her and her family. However, I have just been made aware that a person claiming PIP is exempt from the new rules and wonder if this is really true. Would my daughter have to work as well or will all if her benefits count towards adequate maintenance? Also, does it matter whether you are claiming the standard or enhanced rate of PIP? Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 am

If the sponsor is receiving any rate PIP that will suffice an exemption. What country is the applicant native?

See also, the financial requirement exemption at 3.6.1. and IDI Chapter 8 section 1.7a. All benefit income can be included. Any further questions just ask.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks for replying. The applicant is from Tunisia. With regards to savings, would my daughter need to hold them for a minimum of 6 months and would it make a difference if my daughter could get a few hours work per week? This would be difficult as there are only certain jobs she could do due to her condition. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 am

She needs to include a good covering letter and that should suffice. She should have proof of the award and proof of one payment in the last 12 months, that should suffice. I can do a cover letter but would need to know full income amount and rent costs. The fact the partner is a Tunisian National means that upon arrival s(he) can claim Carer’s allowance if your daughter is receiving either standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Thank you for the offer of help with a covering letter. My daughter isn't ready to submit the application yet, but when she is I would be very grateful for your help. Do you know what would happen if the Government either remove PIP as an exemption or if my daughter"s PIP claim ends? If at that point entry clearance had been granted, would they be safe for the 2.5 year period or could he be sent home. Also, if they were no longer exempt, would having enough savings for 6 months prior to applying for FLR suffice? I am worried that he may be able to join her and then it all being taken away from them. Thank you for your help. It is so difficult to find answers on the UKBA website and really understand them. I even phoned their helpline and was told the applicant would have to bring savings to the UK to maintain himself. I have little faith in these kind of helplines.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Yes if the first 2.5 year leave had been granted they would be alright until after that. However, rest assured, there has been no plans to do such an unconstitutional act. Return closer to the time for further assistance.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Does anyone have any advice on the new English language test? Are there any books available which might help? Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:58 pm

The new English test relates to settlement and naturalisation not entry clearance as a spouse. The English requirement for EC as a spouse remains at A1 level.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Really Amber? My daughter was sure it had changed.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Please see the statement of change.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you so much, that is a weight off my mind. I did think it a bit unfair to expect someone who"s never lived in the UK to attain the higher level. He may achieve it anyway, but it's good to know that he doesn't have to. Thanks again for your help.

Jem60

Removal of 'exemption to financial requirements'

Post by Jem60 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi.
I have heard today that as of this month you can no longer claim exemption to financial requirements due to claiming DLA or PIP. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Apparently it is in the new immigration rules.
Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Proving adequate maintenance

Post by Amber » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 am

Please read the statement of changes before posting information you hear from non-professionals. You'll see no proposed change.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 am

Thank you Amber. I'm sorry for posting but I did try to find the information on the Home Office page, but thought that all of the changes had not been posted yet. Do you know if the Government have proposed such changes in the bear future?
Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 21, 2014 11:58 am

I do not, you'd have to keep checking the statement of changes whenever they are released, but I've not heard anything.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks