ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE SETTLEMENT VISA - URGENT QUERIES

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arun1509

UK SPOUSE SETTLEMENT VISA - URGENT QUERIES

Post by arun1509 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:58 am

Dear Moderators/Gurus,

I need your help to apply for my Spouse UK Settlement visa next month.

It's an arranged marriage and we know each other since July2013 and we got engaged in India in Aug2013 and later I came to UK. Our wedding is on 13Nov2013 in India and I' am flying to India next week. We return from our honeymoon on 25Nov2013 and I' am planning to apply for my wife's UK Settlement visa from India on 27Nov2013.

My queries:

1. English Language Requirement:

Wife is showing the English language requirment through Degree taught in English. Evidence:
a. Original Degree
b. Original transcripts
c. Letter from University stating the Degree was taught in English
d. UK NARIC certificate confirming Degree is equivalent to UK degree.

Is the new English rules from 28Oct2013 which needs Life in UK test + English test required for first time UK spouse settlement visa?? Does the new rules affect my application?

2. Adequate Accomodation:

I currently live with my brother and sister-in-law in a 2 bed, 1 living, 2 bathroom, 1 kithen flat. My brother is the tenant in the tenancy agreement and we are mentioned as permitted occupier.

1. Letter from letting agent confirming the landlord has agreed for all four (Brother, sister-in-law, myself, my wife) of us to live in the property and the current tenancy agreement is until Feb2014.
2. Tenancy agreement showing my name as permitted occupier.
3. Council tax bill has my name mentioned along with brother and sis-in-law.
4. Gas/Electricity bill has my name and brother's name.
5. Property inspection report confirming there is sufficient place for my wife to live.

Are the above evidences good enough??

3. Maintenance - Director of UK Limited Company:

I' am the Director of my Limited company and my companies accounting year is from 01Dec to 30Nov. To show the Company Annual returns for the last full financial year - can I show the returns for last year (Dec2011 - Nov2012), since the current financial year (Dec2012 - Nov2013) will not be finished when I apply for the visa on 27Nov2013 and my accountant will not file the returns until next year, since it's due until 8 months after the accounting period??

If this approach is valid, then according to the evidences mentioned in the appendix FM-SE for tax returns, can I show the following evidences??

a. Company accounts - Dec2011 - Nov2012 - attested by accountant.
b. Payslips, dividend vouchers, personal, business bank stmts covering from Dec2011 - Nov2012.
c. Latest VAT returns - OCT2013 - attested by accoutant
d. Accountant (UK recognised body) letter confirming the salary,dividend and company accounts for the period Dec2011 - Nov2012.
e. VAT, Registeration certificate.
e. Covering letter mentioning my current accouting year will not finish until 30Nov2013 and happy to produce the accounts later if required.

4. Subsisting relationship:

Since our relation was short before we got married, below are the evidences am planning to show:

a. Engagement photos.
b. My flight ticket for engagement from UK to India.
c. Skype screen shots.
d. Viber text msgs screen shots.
e. Email print-outs.
f. Email receipts of the gifts sent to her.
g. Facebook Wedding Event hosted proof and wishes/comments from friends.
h. Wedding website screen shots confirming the date/venue/wishes for wedding.
i. Wedding invite, marriage certificate, wedding photos
j. Honeymoon - photos, flight tickets, hotel accomodation

Is there anything else I need to include to prove our relationship is genuine??

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks...

arun1509

Re: UK SPOUSE SETTLEMENT VISA - URGENT QUERIES

Post by arun1509 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Please respond Guru's, I have to apply for visa next month.