ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a UK degree cert is automatically qualified for KOLL or not?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lizhao12345
Newly Registered

a UK degree cert is automatically qualified for KOLL or not?

Post by lizhao12345 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 am

Hi there

I did some research on the internet, but there is no where says that a degree taught in UK should not need to be qualified by NARIC, so do i still need NARIC to verify my degree cert then?

i also found some threads here lists some reply from UKBA through email about the UK degree, but those answers were just a copy/paste version of the official announcement and tells nothing new which is crap...

so can anyone especially a Guru here can confirm this for everyone plz?

I am gonna definitely apply my IRL (10 years route) after 28/10, so the english requirement would be another annoying case for me here if the UK degree doesnt count.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 am

The rules are misleading, NARIC do not compare UK degrees (only overseas) so it's not possible to have them 'deem it'. Providing it's from a recognised institution, the certificate alone should qualify the B1 requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anantha09
Newly Registered

Post by anantha09 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Code: Select all

Degrees taught in English 
Those who have obtained a degree taught in English will not be required to show a formal 
speaking and listening qualification. 

Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who provide 
appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered 
automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be 
required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. The qualification must be deemed 
by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the 
UK. However, they will still be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate their 
knowledge of life in the UK. 
Requirement says your degree (on which you are applying) should be equivalent to UK bachelors or masters or phd level.

and you want to compare your uk degree (which you have obtained) with uk level, doesn't make sense to me?

lizhao12345
Newly Registered

Post by lizhao12345 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:The rules are misleading, NARIC do not compare UK degrees (only overseas) so it's not possible to have them 'deem it'. Providing it's from a recognised institution, the certificate alone should qualify the B1 requirement.
thx for your reply, that sounds better, however should i need a university letter to confirm that my courses were taught in English?

lizhao12345
Newly Registered

Post by lizhao12345 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 pm

anantha09 wrote:

Code: Select all

Degrees taught in English 
Those who have obtained a degree taught in English will not be required to show a formal 
speaking and listening qualification. 

Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who provide 
appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered 
automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be 
required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. The qualification must be deemed 
by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the 
UK. However, they will still be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate their 
knowledge of life in the UK. 
Requirement says your degree (on which you are applying) should be equivalent to UK bachelors or masters or phd level.

and you want to compare your uk degree (which you have obtained) with uk level, doesn't make sense to me?
I am not talking about comparing those two equivalent thing, i am talking about that no sentence in the guide tells a UK degree holder that doesn't need to prove his courses are taught in English/or no need to be deemed by NARIC to qualify.