ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR VISA EXEMPT

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulip4500

ILR VISA EXEMPT

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am

Which Countries we can enter without a Visa on the possession of UK ILR?

I heard that Romania Dont need visa for visit to holders of UK ILR. is it true?

anyone know any other countries?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

As far as I know, UK ILR does not offer you visa-free travel to any countries outside the UK.

Check this site for which passport you have and see if you need a visa to Romania or not.

http://romania.visahq.co.uk/requirement ... d_Kingdom/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR VISA EXEMPT

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

tulip4500 wrote:Which Countries we can enter without a Visa on the possession of UK ILR?
Whether you require a visa for a country you wish to travel to depends on your nationality (passport).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tulip4500

ILR VISA EXEMPT

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

check this site says.

http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2040

**Holders of permanent residence permits issued by member states of the European Union may enter and reside in the territory of Romania for up to 90 days, within a period of 6 months, without a Romanian visa.

The above-mentioned residence permits must be issued in keeping with the provisions of Council Directive 2003/109/EC concerning the status of third-country nationals who are long-term residents, according to which the residence permits issued to third-country nationals having the status of long-term residents in one of the member states of the European Union, must be valid for a period of at least 5 years.

Article 8 (3) of the above-mentioned Council Directive states that, under the heading “type of permitâ€

Arrie
Newly Registered

Re: ILR VISA EXEMPT

Post by Arrie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

tulip4500 wrote:Which Countries we can enter without a Visa on the possession of UK ILR?

I heard that Romania Dont need visa for visit to holders of UK ILR. is it true?

anyone know any other countries?
Well depends on what grounds you have a ILR visa and also what your Current Nationality is.

I know if you are married to EU citizen and travel with your partner to any other EU country there is a Clause that they have to allow you with or without visa.

Check out http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... d4a40a95ed

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 pm

I can confirm that UK ILR holders do not need visa to visit Romania for up to 90 days. and i have recently travelled there on ILR without a Romania visa

osteophytes

Re: hi

Post by osteophytes » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 pm

tulip4500 wrote:I can confirm that UK ILR holders do not need visa to visit Romania for up to 90 days. and i have recently travelled there on ILR without a Romania visa
You dont need a visa to Taiwan if you have UK ILR.

You dont need a visa to Turkey if you have any UK visa (http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/v ... PageID=3#3) - check the last foot note

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 am

Not correct as per this on the Turkey site

If you are not a British passport holder; yet you have a travel document (not Certificate of Identity) issued by the Home Office of the UK, you need to obtain visa before traveling to Turkey

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 31, 2012 4:36 pm

yeah you ned a visa to Turkey but you can get it on arrival.

so the footnote is correct.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 pm

UK Permanent Residents are also exempted from tourist and/or business visa for Mexico.

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 am

Any travel expert can answer my question

Are thr any other countries than India, we can get visa on arrival or go with out visa with ILR stamp of UK for Indian passport holders?

a list would be much helpful... i know they change ofter but would be great help to start..
Cheers

tar123zan
Newly Registered

Post by tar123zan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Turkey issues visa on arrival to many African and Asian country citizens if they have a valid visa issued by an OECD member state (UK, USA, Canada, Mexico etc) or a Schengen country. Such nationals include India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Uganda, Kenya and many others in the region. I can't access the full list now so you should check before making arrangements. Visa on Arrival might be free for some nationals but mostly around 20$ - some less some more depend on the other countries requirements from Turkish nationals.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I found this on Wikipedia for Indian citizens wishing to travel Poland.

"Visa required, except for A max. stay of 3 months allowed for holders holding a passport containing an "Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom" or "Limited Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom".

Ofcourse, It is essential to confirm this with Official Polish Embassy before traveling.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

vinitmanu wrote:I found this on Wikipedia for Indian citizens wishing to travel Poland.

"Visa required, except for A max. stay of 3 months allowed for holders holding a passport containing an "Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom" or "Limited Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom".

Ofcourse, It is essential to confirm this with Official Polish Embassy before traveling.
I saw that too.
Full list here

Not sure how they treat ILR now that it is only given a BRP and no stamp on passport.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm

visa exemption is only determined from the passport an individual has got. Normally after UK ILR when an individual upgrade to UK passport then most of the countries become visa free.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jesses
Newly Registered

Post by Jesses » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Some carribean countries allow you to enter with and UK resident permit eg Antigua

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 am

A number of Caribbean countries are allowed. I have been to Grenada and visa is exempt for common wealth countries.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.