ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumarayne
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility

Post by sumarayne » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi, I came to the UK on a student visa in December 2005 and completed my studies by July 2007. I was employed to start September 2007 and my head teacher applied for my work permit in October 2007.No news was received and my heateacher decided to write to the WP office in Sheffield to find out why. A response finally came to say that the application was missing however,after a long conversations and emails the application was sent to a different office in error. It was retrieved,processed and stamped on November 2008 I have worked then and want to know when I am eligible to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain. Regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Eligibility

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 pm

sumarayne wrote:It was retrieved,processed and stamped on November 2008 I have worked then and want to know when I am eligible to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain.,
October 2013.

sumarayne
Newly Registered

English requirement for UK PGCE holders

Post by sumarayne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 am

Hi there,
I would like some clarification on the new English Requirement taking effect on 28th October 2013. I was issued a work permit in November 2008 after completing a PGCE programme here in the UK and have worked with the same school till date.
Also,before the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) requires that Numeracy,Literacy and ICT tests must be passed to be awarded. Will I be required to take a test again or my qualification here would be adequate? My appointment with the Home Office is 7th November 2013. Your comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:45 am

If you met a B1 requirement for EC that should suffice in addition to LIUK for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.