ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shan169609
Newly Registered

ILR application advice

Post by shan169609 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi
I will be applying for my ILR as spouse of British citizen after completing 2 years of Marriage in UK. I have few questions and will appreciate if someone can guide/advice me.

1. We had our son early this year and my wife has claimed only child benefit, will this have any impact on my application for ILR?

2. Should we mention in the form the amount my wife receive as child benefit? Do we need to submit any documents from HMRC regarding this benefit claim?

3. My visa FLR M vusa expires in early December can I apply 28 days before expiry will I quality for the 2 year residence period as I got my visa while I was in UK

4. I am thinking of applying by Premium service, is it worth it to apply through premium service or I should go by post? Is there any risk of refusal especially when there is a benefit claim issue of our British born son? Any advice on what I need to do when submitting application through premium service.

I will really appreciate professional advice or personal experience

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm

1. No.
2. Yes and yes.
3. From 28 days before your 2 years completes.
4. I suggest applying using the Settlement Checking Service, you'll get to keep your documents and it's much less than the PEO though you won't get a same day decision.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 am

Hi
Thanks so much for your advice.

I am just a bit worry on the aspect of child benefit as you say it will not have any affect on my application but gets confused especially after reading guidance that a person who is under immigration control cant claim such benefits but when filling out the form where I have to tick benefits claimed by myself or my wife how can I justify this claim if asked, could you pls advice if there is any immigration rule that can be helpful so I can give reference if asked such question

Any idea what is current waiting time for postal application if all papaer work and case is straight forward?

Hope to hear from you.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:59 am

Your wife who has claimed child benefit, is not subject to immigration control and they know this so you don't need to fret, just put it in the table under 'your partner' in section 8 on SET(M).

Recent SET(M) applications (postal) using the SCS were 4-8 weeks, but given the 28-oct-2013 changes it may be longer (it can take up to 6 months, but this is unlikely).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks alot for your kind help really appreciated.

Best regard

vinny

Financial maintenance requirement for SET M ILR- advice

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 am

shan169609 wrote:Hi
I will be applying for ILR after tw years of FLR M visa, I have read that we need to show savings every month after all your monthly household expenses you need the save around £115 to qualify for ILR? is this true? if yes for how many months that this is needed to be shown?

Secondly, I completed my Masters in UK, do I need to pass the new englis test that starts today?

Finally, I am thinking of applying through premium service at Glasgow PCO can someone share their personal experience how the system goes and guide me how I should prepare my documents like which documents are most important and must..........?
I will really appreciate someone's help.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

A UK degree will suffice the new B1 requirement in addition to LIUK, you should have £112.55 per week Net left over from income for a couple after deducting housing costs (rent/mortgage not household expenses).

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi we just received our BRP on Friday and got all our documents back the next day, ours took in total less than 7 weeks for the SET (M) i was worried about the finance section, as my husband who was applying is not working and I am self employed and earn different amounts of money every week. In the space for extra information i did a little table to show how much i had left over after rent, bills etc was deducted, which i think was about £122

I also did the application myself without a solicitor or without the SCS.
I think lay everything out as simply as possible. The visas are expensive enough without lining their pockets for the same day service

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 pm

D4109125 wrote:A UK degree will suffice the new B1 requirement in addition to LIUK, you should have £112.55 per week Net left over from income for a couple after deducting housing costs (rent/mortgage not household expenses).
Thanks for your advice,

do I need to have this amount physically in my account every week? That means At the end of month I should have 450.20 shown as balance in my account? This financial issue has confused me as I have not been taking this in consideration. How many month or weeks statement should show £112.55 weekly on my bank account?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Supply 3 months bank statements and proof of self employment. So far as averaged out your income per week - housing costs = £112.55 Net. Don't fret too much over this.

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for your kind help.

Just a quick advice do I need to photocopy all documents and give them with originals or I have to only submit the original documents?

Would it be wise forbme to keep a set of photocopies with me?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

For a PEO you should try and supply a photocopy of everything you're providing.

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:06 am

Hi

I have now pretty much sorted all my documents just have quick question.

Should we also enclose in our documents the letter from HMRC confirming acceptance of my wife application for child benefit that she receive for our new born?

and also do we need to write a letter giving details of child benefit claim or there is no need?

Myself and my wife have past one year bank statement should we show all or only 6 months?

finally, I was checking my bank statements, i dont have a monthly balance of 450 + to show as maintenance fund because i pay my monthly rent plus other house bills which some times leave me with less cash balance in my account will that have any effect ? If I minus the rent from my monthly pay I have over 450 + left that is for sure but is used for other household expenses would the Home office really want to see exact cash balance or they will just assume after deduction house rent from my monthly income?

Please advise i am still confuse about this silly point.

Best regards

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am

D4109125 wrote:For a PEO you should try and supply a photocopy of everything you're providing.
I deliberately haven't provide any photocopy for my SET M application.

We already giving them hell of money why should we do photocopy.

we spend money on travel , new photographs for spouse as well.

for me no way to give them any photocopy .....

P.s. Its only my opinion , it won't apply to every one.

shan169609
Newly Registered

Post by shan169609 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 am

Hi everyone
Just to inform you all that I got my indefinite last week in Glasgow PEO. After spending 5 hours submitting documents I got the visa. All went well no problem at all. Just want to thank guys who provided me great advice on my application I rrally appreciate it.
Best regards