ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor's Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnj1

Family Visitor's Visa

Post by johnj1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi All,
My friend, who is a British Citizen want to invite his wife and daughter over to U.K for a visit. The daughter was born abroad and got British passport, while the mother will be applying for family visitor's visa.
My friend want to write in his statement when submitting the application that his wife is accompanying a British citizen who is a minor, and his wife is a home maker,(not working) as he always send money to them for up keep and other expenses. My advise to him, was that while submitting the application, he need to show that his wife has a family ties back home and will be leaving U.K at the end of her visit, my friend is telling me that his daughter being a British Citizen and will automatically pave way for her wife visa to be granted. Any advise please?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

The fact that her husband and child are British, and that the husband lives in the UK and provides economic support to her, will heavily prejudice the decision. She needs to prove her strong social and economic ties to her homeland and yet her family and the source of her financial maintenance seem to be originating from the UK. What motivation would she have to leave the UK on that basis? What is the reason they are living apart and why, in fact, are they not living together as a family in the UK or elsewhere? Providing a convincing and credible answer to that question will be the crux of the decision to grant a visa. If not, I think the visa will be refused.