ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in ILR Life in UK/Language requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t_india

Post by t_india » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Okei thanks Amber.
i have mailed them already, awaiting response.
will post back when they reply :-)

john353

Post by john353 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 am

The link that t_india provided and copied below is encouraging w.r.t letter from university.

Amber, t_india: how about main applicants who already proved the english requirements at entry clearance. Is there any clarity regarding this? Any link other than the statement of intent pdf they published before?
4.11. The evidence specified for the purposes of paragraph 2.2(iii) and 2.2(iv) (academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC) is:

(a) a certificate issued by the relevant institution confirming the award of the academic qualification and showing:

(i) the applicant's name,

(ii) the title of the award,

(iii) the date of the award,

(iv) the name of the awarding institution, and,

(v) for paragraph 2.2 (iii) that the qualification was taught in English

or,

(b) where an applicant has not, at the date of application, formally graduated or no longer has his or her certificate and is unable to obtain a duplicate certificate:

(i) an original academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification that:

(aa) is on official letter headed paper,

(bb) shows the applicant's name,

(cc) shows the title of the award,

(dd) confirms that the qualification was taught in English,

(ee) states when the academic qualification was (or as the case may be, will be) awarded,

and

(ff) confirms that the institution is unable to issue a duplicate certificate of award or (as the case may be in respect of an applicant who has not yet graduated) the date on which the certificate will be issued.

or

(ii) an original academic transcript that;

(aa) is on official letter headed paper,

(bb) shows the applicant's name,

(cc) shows the name of the academic institution,

(dd) shows the course title,

(ee) confirms that the qualification was taught in English, and,

(ff) confirms the award given.

t_india

Post by t_india » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 am

Hi John353,

The proofs explained are for 2.2(iii) and 2.2(iv), but actually we need confirmation for 2.2(v), which is missing in that section.

I have raised an query with UKBA, not sure whether / when i will get an response.

Further for main applicant, cases might be specirfic to the type of visa they have EC for.

for example Tier (general) would have already demonstrated their qualification at C1 CEFR, so they need not show again.
Tier 2 - General would have demonstrated at B1 already so they should be covered.
However Tier 2 - ICT would have demostrated at A1, so they would have to show prrof now.

All these are based on my understanding, by reading through the archive of the immigration rules

john353

Post by john353 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks t_india. I am under Tier 2 general and had proved english at EC by having degree in PBS. So hope no further proof is required. Can you please provide a link to show that Tier2 General EC english requirement is B1?

The proofs explained are for 2.2(iii) and 2.2(iv), but actually we need confirmation for 2.2(v), which is missing in that section.
I think they have screwed up their documentation. For instance for 2.2 iv why would they need a letter from university when it talks about NARIC ela. The letter part should have been for 2.2v. And in the so called revised seto guidance they have given an old link (dated aug 15) which talks about pre oct 28 rules. The whole thing is a mess now.

Anglichanin
Newly Registered

Post by Anglichanin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

Well, we attended the appointment on 13th Nov in Sheffield and all went well- the process took about three hours (I really should have eaten first as we could not leave the visa centre during that time!) and the staff were helpful and friendly. We arrived, registered, waited, submitted our docs, waited, my wife did her biometric scans, and then we were told a Case Officer may wish to speak to us. We waited ages but then were called and simply given our documents back with a polite "Your ILR has been issued and will be delivered by courier". So, all well and the Trinity Certificate seems to have been accepted! I guess the Case Officer didn't need to ask questions as our application is quite straightforward- we have been living together the whole time since we arrived back in the UK from Russia as a married couple, and my wife has been working legally.

Thanks everyone for your help!

aarnags

Re: Change in ILR Life in UK/Language requirements

Post by aarnags » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi,

I am in this situation, please see here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 55732.html
Someone mentioned that you might collect certificate from Trinity college.

Does anyone have experience in that.

Thanks