ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm

esmsi wrote:gryphon
Are you thinking to send additional documents?
I have already sent three months bank statements although this wasn't necessary. I am not sending any additional documents.
Gryphon

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm

How do even know its from UKBA. as far as I know. They dont use any courier service. They should use Royal mail. This must be somehting else than UKBA! besides I applied on the same time as yours! I did get nothing in post!
Dawhizzy wrote:Incredibly frustrating... I just have to wait and pray now.
Maxwell wrote:
Dawhizzy wrote:The courier service company, DX, are terrible. Apparently, they tried redelivering the package this morning but no one answered the door when in fact I had been waiting next to the door all morning! I have now arranged to pick up the parcel from one of their offices tomorrow instead. I will let you guys know the outcome tomorrow.
Looks like they did not even try to deliver in reality. It must be very frustrating. :?
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Maxwell wrote:Gryphon, I thought about it and I really not sure what can happen. I mean the payment may go through or may not.

Maybe it is good idea to contact your bank and explain. And maybe open a new topic or ask for telephone consultation with solicitor, it will not cost much, tell him it is very small thing.

I looks like the payment should go through but did you put other signatures in the right place? Maybe you did not sign somewhere where it was important? And about the payment going through - ask your bank, they probably can answer. If not the first person, ask for manager or superviser or proper customer service department. If it is the only problem and all other signatures are in the right places, then maybe contacting your bank will put your mind to rest. Or if they say they can't process it, then I advice you to contact UKBA and maybe solicitor consultation.

I think the best is to contact solicitor anyway as this is such an important application. It looks like it should not create a problem but who knows, maybe they will be paranoid about it and think you are trying some deception, etc. then it would be nightmare. Better solve it now professionally to be on the safe side.
Hi Maxwell

I've paid with a bankers draft so as far as the payment is concerned. It should be fine. It's just on section 5 where they seek consent for verification. I have signed it where they need signature of the applicant. It's just the bit where they say if the account with bank or utility company is a joint account than you should get the other persons authorisation. Again, I am 100% certain I have signed section 6 and first part of section 5. It's just I have signed a bit which I shouldn't have. Don't know the implications of that. I've called them earlier today the person on the other side of the phone goes just send in the right page with a cover letter to Liverpool address although he said there is no guarantee that someone will act on it.
Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Anymore thoughts guys?
Gryphon

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:18 pm

gryphon wrote:Anymore thoughts guys?
Personally I don't think it should matter, that page needs to be signed if you are providing any financial documents such as bank statements that belong to a joint account... as you have mentioned that you don't have any joint accounts and have provided your sole bank account statements, IMO the caseworker will recognise that you have simply signed that in error and should ignore it.

I understand the paranoia, but IMO its unecessary... if you did indeed have a joint account and provided those statements, then I would definitely be worried as that is a clear error.

Just try and relax mate, I think you are over analysing and getting worked up over something that shouldnt make a difference to your application.

Cheers

Nik

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:25 pm

I don't think it matters much, as long as the money has gone to the UKBA, I don't think they care much really.

However, if the payment didn't go through, then they will probably send the application back to you. Then you can reapply with the correct information.

That's my opinion anyway, don't quote me on it.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 pm

xshayaanx wrote:How do even know its from UKBA. as far as I know. They dont use any courier service. They should use Royal mail. This must be somehting else than UKBA! besides I applied on the same time as yours! I did get nothing in post!
Dawhizzy wrote:Incredibly frustrating... I just have to wait and pray now.
Maxwell wrote:
Dawhizzy wrote:The courier service company, DX, are terrible. Apparently, they tried redelivering the package this morning but no one answered the door when in fact I had been waiting next to the door all morning! I have now arranged to pick up the parcel from one of their offices tomorrow instead. I will let you guys know the outcome tomorrow.
Looks like they did not even try to deliver in reality. It must be very frustrating. :?
Look at previous posts of different people. They use this courier service to send documents regarding ILR quite often.

Regarding the time of applying - it's a lottery. He may get it now, we may wait another 1-2 months or sometimes even more.
Last edited by Maxwell on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I think I have no more thoughts about it actually.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply to my messages. It's kind of you to share your views. So far it appears from a few replies from some moderators (which I got on a separate discussion on the forum) and gurus, it shouldn't be a major issue signing both part of section 5. Again I am fully aware this is only someone's view and not a professional legal advice.

The issue is not related to payments at all, it is merely a section seeking your consent for the bank and utility companies to disclose information about you. I clearly remember I signed the first part of section 5 which I am supposed to. But I think I was being over cautious and signed the second part when it flagged up during the final check I was making. The section only refers to joint account holders to give consent which I mistakenly signed. I clearly remember signing the declaration section along with name, address and date which is the most important part as per their guidance.

I know all of you will agree with me that once you send the form away you get so many scary thoughts hovering in your mind. I am going through one of those phases, I'm sure some of us have been through that. I know once the form and documents are away, there is very little that can be done.

Earlier when I phoned UKBA, the chap on the other side of the phone told me, you could send that page with a cover letter. I then asked something which may sound so daft. I asked him if is there a chance that it will be picked up. He said there is no way they can tell. Once they get the letter, he said to me it will join the queue and some one picking up might put it together with my application. However there is absolutely no chance they could tell if that would happen. As I haven't received any acknowledgement/biometric enrolment letter yet, he said to send it anyway and then do the same again once I get the acknowledgement letter. That kind of surprised me a little. Clearly they mentioned that should we need to send further information about the application, then we must do so in writing to Liverpool casework team. At the same time the message I got is they can't say if someone will read that.

Anyway, to that end I will try and seek some telephone advice from a legal professional and see what they say. Not sure if they provide such service. But I will wait till I get the acknowledgement letter when I get some reference # of my application.

Again, to all you lovely people, thank you ever so much for taking the trouble to read through my panicked expressions.

If anyone has some similar experience to share, it would be truly invaluable.

Best mishes to you all,
Gryphon
Gryphon

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Gryphon, most probably it is not an issue at all. But to put you mind to rest and find the best possible way, you can ask professional who have to be responsible for what they say.

Workpermit.com give telephone consultations. I do not work for them, I just used them for telephone consultations twice and both times was satisfied.

This is not complicated situation. UKBA already explained what you can do.

What I would ask solicitor is do you really have to do it and would it slow down your application. On the other hand, you already received free advice from UKBA and you may simply send them this page with small cover letter two times as advised. You can send it by recorded delivery, they should not loose it. And keep receipt as proof that you sent it. Unfortunately, they won't reply to you until they issue ILR which can happen in half a year time, that's why I advised solicitor, just to put mind to rest completely for the remaining wait for ILR.

Many people would probably even not think about it. You are the type of person who give attention to this, I do not mean it is bad. Even telephone consultation is probably way too much for it, but because you already became worried, then I think it is better stop it with the help of professional. It costs, I don't remember exactly but between 50 and 80 pounds, which is a small fraction of UKBA fee and I think it's worth it to be relaxed for like maybe half a year.

Dawhizzy
Newly Registered

Post by Dawhizzy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am

False alarm! Unfortunately, the DX package was only a gift voucher from work. My ILR wait continues. I will let you know as soon as I hear from ukba.
Dawhizzy wrote:Hi guys, I am a very silent but keen observer of this site...

I applied for my ILR SET(LR) on July 12 and had biometric done on July 29. When I got back from work on Friday, I got a letter from DX saying that they tried to deliver a package but I wasn't home. I have now rescheduled for it to be delivered early next week. But typically, I'm concerned because I haven't got any confirmation letter from UKBA or my passport + other docs.

Could this be my ILR BRP or my previous BRP (tier 2)?

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

Unlucky.
Dawhizzy wrote:False alarm! Unfortunately, the DX package was only a gift voucher from work. My ILR wait continues. I will let you know as soon as I hear from ukba.
Dawhizzy wrote:Hi guys, I am a very silent but keen observer of this site...

I applied for my ILR SET(LR) on July 12 and had biometric done on July 29. When I got back from work on Friday, I got a letter from DX saying that they tried to deliver a package but I wasn't home. I have now rescheduled for it to be delivered early next week. But typically, I'm concerned because I haven't got any confirmation letter from UKBA or my passport + other docs.

Could this be my ILR BRP or my previous BRP (tier 2)?

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:40 pm

But Dawhizzy mentioned that the card stated it was from UKBA!
I hate DX couriers. I had changed my bank just because they could only deliver my bank card through DX couriers. they only deliver 9-5 Monday to Friday and do not specify delivery time! Like, what lunatics.
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

Dawhizzy
Newly Registered

Post by Dawhizzy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:03 pm

When I called DX yesterday, the chap I spoke to said that it must be a parcel from UKBA judging from the reference number even though I never mentioned that I was expecting anything from UKBA. Strange company! Anyway, the wait continues '8)'
xshayaanx wrote:But Dawhizzy mentioned that the card stated it was from UKBA!
I hate DX couriers. I had changed my bank just because they could only deliver my bank card through DX couriers. they only deliver 9-5 Monday to Friday and do not specify delivery time! Like, what lunatics.
8) :lol: :lol:

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 pm

I have applied for ILR on 10 years long route on 22/10/2013
Acknowledgement letter received 28/10/2013 but letter dated is 24/10/2013.
Biometric : awaiting
..please guys can anyone tell me which months lot is getting cleared and generally how long does it tAke??

Thank you

Soban

Post by Soban » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Abchardik wrote:I have applied for ILR on 10 years long route on 22/10/2013
Acknowledgement letter received 28/10/2013 but letter dated is 24/10/2013.
Biometric : awaiting
..please guys can anyone tell me which months lot is getting cleared and generally how long does it tAke??

Thank you
It seems like the June applications are being dealt with at the moment. It's hard to predict the length of time such applications can take. The HO says 99% applications are decided within 6 months of them being raised
--

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 am

Please update Skydrive with this dude's ILR decision:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=147425

Thank you very much :D

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Yes there was mistake by HO,saying I have not done my first finger print,which I did.
Maxwell wrote:Many congratulations Bhupal !

Can I ask you, why two fingerprint dates? Was there some kind of error after first biometrics enrollment?

Thank you.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks Moulie 18,I am so confused with my wife and son ILR dependent application form.
moulie18 wrote:Hi Bhupal,
We applied via solicitor and once my wife and sons visas were about to run out, My wife done LIFE IN THE UK test and applied to ILR (she came to UK in 2006)
Still waiting... :(
Bhupal wrote:Yesterday Dashera time I got my ILR after 10 years studying in UK.
I would like to thank you all the forum people who help me.

send SETLR on 10 May 2013
Fingerprint;29 May 2013
ILR approved :14 Oct 2013

Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who came UK both on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can somebody please tell me which application form do my wife and son have to fill during apply,their recent visa is my Tier 4 student dependent which expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.Can my wife and son apply before 28 Oct 2013,due to UKBA English change rule.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son.Thank you in advanced
Bhupal

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 am

Dear Damanisshallo
I got my ILR on 14 Oct 2013 as a 10 years route Student Visa. Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who both came UK on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can you please tell me which application form do they have to fill, their recent visa ( Tier 4 student dependent ) expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.
1. Does she have to do again give English test because of new rule?
2. Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son?
3. Do I have to earn 22,000 per annum.?

Thank you in advanced
Bhupal

nanipals
Newly Registered

ILR Rejection

Post by nanipals » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi every one,
Sadly my ilr got rejected. The reason was very odd.. I came to UK for masters in Feb 2003. Finished masters and then started PhD with full funding from the University. My visa was expiring on 28th February 2005 and i applied for visa extension on 21st February 2005 using university student batch scheme. Got a call from the university on 5th Arpil 2005 stating that there is some problem with my application. They told me that payment was declined and i need to provide alternative payment within 28days. I arranged postal draft with 10 days and university resent my application. On 15th April, the application was sent back to home office.
They considered the whole period between 1st of March 2005 and 16th May 2005 ( The day my visa was approved ) was considered as over stay.

I understood there is some fishiness and applied for SAR file prior to applying for my ILR. SAR file stated that : my application in question(february 2005) was valid but declined payment, the application sent back to applicant on 8th March 2005. PRP Claimed for on 4th April 2005 and re-sent .. So there was some problem. I called home office to know about PRP. It is " Application returned back to home office". So there was a clear problem that either royal mail messed it up or home office.

In Cover letter, my solicitor wrote this: " As it is sent through student batch scheme, it should be resent to university.. But it seemed to send it to my client. If you sent it to my client, he should has received it but he did not received it . you sent back to university which they received on 5th April and informed y client and my client responded within 28days and arranged alternative payment and university sent application back on 15th April 2005. "

In my ILR refusal letter . They mentioned that " Your representative has put forward your argument that your rejection notices should have been sent to your college but were in fact sent to your private address. we have duly considered thus and can see from your application form of 1st march 2005 that you have written private address into the box 2.9 which relates to the addess with which you would like your passports and documents sent , if different to the one stated in 2.8. The address was subsequently scribbled out , but no other address is stipulated on any part of the application. The letter from the college dated 15 April 2005 does indeed request that we send all processed applications to the college , but that letter was sent to us as a re-submission of the application and after the rejection of th first one. Although we regret that you did not receive your rejection notification in time to re-applu, unfortunately the onus is on the applicant to ensure that the application form clearly states where the documents are to be sent and as such, there is no provision for exercising discretion in circumstances such as this. With this in mind you are considered to have broken your continuous residence and therefore you can not satisfy the requirement to have completed atleast 10years continuous lawful residence."

My Question is : If they sent it to my private address, i should have received it.. but i did not receive it. So how they can claim that they sent them properly to me.. It is clear case of Section 3b and 3c..(my payment declined).

My Solicitor is saying that nothing he can do than asking an explanation from home office by approaching through MP..

I would like to know if it helps.. I need your suggestion .. will it be better to write letter to them or keep calm .
He is saying that i need to make judicial review petetion in high court and it costs me thousands..
Please suggest me which is better ...Please help me

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Nanipals, I am not professional, can't help. But it is cruel and stupid to treat you this way. I am sure appeal / high court should make decision in your favor.

You used legitimate third party to help make application, your intention was clear to pay as soon as possible, now you're punished for agreeing university to help you. This refusal make me sick. How is it even possible. Unbelievable!

I would advice you to make separate topic in he main ILR area of the forum. This way some guru may see it, they don't look here often.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Rejection

Post by Babz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 pm

nanipals wrote:Hi every one,
Sadly my ilr got rejected. The reason was very odd.. I came to UK for masters in Feb 2003. Finished masters and then started PhD with full funding from the University. My visa was expiring on 28th February 2005 and i applied for visa extension on 21st February 2005 using university student batch scheme. Got a call from the university on 5th Arpil 2005 stating that there is some problem with my application. They told me that payment was declined and i need to provide alternative payment within 28days. I arranged postal draft with 10 days and university resent my application. On 15th April, the application was sent back to home office.
They considered the whole period between 1st of March 2005 and 16th May 2005 ( The day my visa was approved ) was considered as over stay.

I understood there is some fishiness and applied for SAR file prior to applying for my ILR. SAR file stated that : my application in question(february 2005) was valid but declined payment, the application sent back to applicant on 8th March 2005. PRP Claimed for on 4th April 2005 and re-sent .. So there was some problem. I called home office to know about PRP. It is " Application returned back to home office". So there was a clear problem that either royal mail messed it up or home office.

In Cover letter, my solicitor wrote this: " As it is sent through student batch scheme, it should be resent to university.. But it seemed to send it to my client. If you sent it to my client, he should has received it but he did not received it . you sent back to university which they received on 5th April and informed y client and my client responded within 28days and arranged alternative payment and university sent application back on 15th April 2005. "

In my ILR refusal letter . They mentioned that " Your representative has put forward your argument that your rejection notices should have been sent to your college but were in fact sent to your private address. we have duly considered thus and can see from your application form of 1st march 2005 that you have written private address into the box 2.9 which relates to the addess with which you would like your passports and documents sent , if different to the one stated in 2.8. The address was subsequently scribbled out , but no other address is stipulated on any part of the application. The letter from the college dated 15 April 2005 does indeed request that we send all processed applications to the college , but that letter was sent to us as a re-submission of the application and after the rejection of th first one. Although we regret that you did not receive your rejection notification in time to re-applu, unfortunately the onus is on the applicant to ensure that the application form clearly states where the documents are to be sent and as such, there is no provision for exercising discretion in circumstances such as this. With this in mind you are considered to have broken your continuous residence and therefore you can not satisfy the requirement to have completed atleast 10years continuous lawful residence."

My Question is : If they sent it to my private address, i should have received it.. but i did not receive it. So how they can claim that they sent them properly to me.. It is clear case of Section 3b and 3c..(my payment declined).

My Solicitor is saying that nothing he can do than asking an explanation from home office by approaching through MP..

I would like to know if it helps.. I need your suggestion .. will it be better to write letter to them or keep calm .
He is saying that i need to make judicial review petetion in high court and it costs me thousands..
Were you given right to appeal?

nanipals
Newly Registered

ILR Rejection

Post by nanipals » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Thank you for your response Maxwell.. They gave a stupid reason in that letter: mentioning that as i scribbled address in section 2.9, they could not send my rejection notice which was in question.. if i would have received, within 28days, i would have arranged alternative..
The reason was stupid as " section 2.9 in the application form clearly states that : Address to send your passport/documents/ communication regarding your application (if it is different from the one in section 2.8)... As 2.8 already have my address.. how it is missed.. My profile is genuine and clear: 2years Masters + 5 Years PhD+ 1 year PSW + 2 years Tier-1 Dependent ...
Masters first class from Sheffield, PhD from nottingham with full funding and industrial sponsorship, A letter from employer stating how important i am for the company..

Nothing worked.. Banks(particularly HSBC and Natwest)( idont how they declined payment to a government organisation when i have sufficient amount) were the worst , Nottingham University( Dont know how they sent my application), Home office( i dont know why they got declined payment letter back to them if they sent it and how they sent it to university again... I dont know how they could not send it back to me as i used the same application again and same address.. i dont know if the case worker has sufficient english knowledge:: they could not understand: if the address is different from above..).. , Royalmail (if home office sent me letter to send payment.. how they missed delivery??)... This is clear case of irresponsibility from the above all parties.. Finally my solictior : how he did not use simple english for case worker to understand properly... Finally I am the Victim.. My Newborn baby girl is victim and my family are victims..
Immigration Board helped me a lot ... they advised me to ger SAR file and check it out when i asked them about my situation initially. SAR file clearly stated that the rejection notice(declined payment) was returned back to them.

Please suggest me if i can do anything for home office reconsider and revoke their decision .. I cant spend much.. mostly £1000 that i can spend...

nanipals
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Rejection

Post by nanipals » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Babz wrote:
nanipals wrote:Hi every one,

Were you given right to appeal?
As I am on Tier-1 Dependent and have valid visa till June 2014. They did not give right to appeal.They mentioned that as per section 82, as i have valid permission to stay in uk till next year, i am not entitled to appeal. I dont undestand why i cant appeal if their decision was not based on the facts ??