ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment at Solihull for ILR dec 2nd 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tirfk

PEO appointment at Solihull for ILR dec 2nd 2013

Post by tirfk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 am

Hi there it would be great if someone could help me.
The life in the UK test is going to change from March 25 - making it more tougher.
I have my ILR due in december 2013; Can I take the advantage and give this test before March 25?
Its for me and my wife.
Thank you
Last edited by tirfk on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

Yes you can ... Test has life time validity... I did the test last year and have to apply for ILR this year.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:05 pm

tirfk wrote:Hi
I have booked a premium appointment with Solihul and paid the full fees for myself and 2 dependents. As I live in London I thought I can reschedule it when an appropriate slot arises in Croydon. When I went to book the same, its saying I will have to repay the full fees again and I will also loose the £300 booking fees. Is it means that I will have to stick with Solihul?

In the application form there is 'fees' page where you give details of payment method.. but as we already paid.. do we need to fill that page?

I applied for my wife's UK NARIC english equilance certificate- is it enough for the english lanague requirement or do I need to do something else too?

Thank you.
You do not need to bother with the payment page, rather, take the world pay receipt.

Your spouse may also need the English Language Assessment.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:
I have booked a premium appointment with Solihul and paid the full fees for myself and 2 dependents. As I live in London I thought I can reschedule it when an appropriate slot arises in Croydon. When I went to book the same, its saying I will have to repay the full fees again and I will also loose the £300 booking fees. Is it means that I will have to stick with Solihul?

In the application form there is 'fees' page where you give details of payment method.. but as we already paid.. do we need to fill that page?

I applied for my wife's UK NARIC english equilance certificate- is it enough for the english lanague requirement or do I need to do something else too?

Thank you.
You do not need to bother with the payment page, rather, take the world pay receipt.

Your spouse may also need the English Language Assessment.
Thank you D410912
Where I can get this English Language Assessment Certificate? She completed her B.Tech in computer sciences back in 2002 and we are in Uk.. it will be difficult to get a letter from her university in India.. I have a month for my appointment..
What has to be done at this point? Please shed some light on this.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:17 pm

What proof do you have that the degree was taught/researched in English?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

D4109125 wrote:What proof do you have that the degree was taught/researched in English?
The whole Degree Certificate in English.. all marks statements in English.. She studied all subjects in English only.. There are no regional language Engineering Degrees in India..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Contact NARIC on 01242 258621 and ask, please post the response.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:43 am

D4109125 wrote:Contact NARIC on 01242 258621 and ask, please post the response.
The Cerificate states.. ".. is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1"

Hence I think as the home office website says..
"having a qualification in English at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which includes assessment of speaking and listening, or]

and also when I check the qualification in the points calculator it agrees that the course is studied and researched in english and awards English points to it..

I have written to the UKNARIC but no reply yet..

all these suggests me I dont need to do anything more?

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 am

A print out from the PBS calculator (if points are awarded) and proof it was taught in English should suffice.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:53 am

D4109125 wrote:A print out from the PBS calculator (if points are awarded) and proof it was taught in English should suffice.
I'm stuck at proof that it was taught in English bit..
I dont know what I can do to prove that...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 am

See page 35 of the guidance.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am

D4109125 wrote:See page 35 of the guidance.
I'm trying to contact the university and see if I can get a letter..
meanwhile.. the 35 page states..
"has an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification), and
 provides appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in
English."

But her course is professional .. B.Tech.. what does it mean when it says not a professional or vocational qualification??

Thank you..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 am

If the degree is awarded points on the PBS calculator then no further evidence or letter should be required just the certificate. However, I suggest you contact SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and see if that would be acceptable. Please post the response.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 pm

D4109125 wrote:If the degree is awarded points on the PBS calculator then no further evidence or letter should be required just the certificate. However, I suggest you contact SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and see if that would be acceptable. Please post the response.
Thanks I mailed them.. will post as soon as I receive a reply from them..
My 5 years will complete on 18th December.. Can I take a PEO appointment in the 1st week of December?
My visa is valid untill 24 Jan.. they say you can apply 28 days before your visa expires.. Can you please shed some light on this?

Thank you.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:08 am

D4109125 wrote:If the degree is awarded points on the PBS calculator then no further evidence or letter should be required just the certificate. However, I suggest you contact SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and see if that would be acceptable. Please post the response.
I have written them the below email and answer as they given..
My email..
"Respected Sir/ Madam

I’m due to apply for ILR in December 2013. My spouse has a professional Degree (Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science) from a university in India which is recognised on the Points calculator and awarded points to the English language based on that degree.
I also have a UK NARIC ‘English Langauge Assesment’ – and they gave that this is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.

Is the original Degree certificate, an extract from points based calculator showing it awarded points based on this degree for English language, along with UK NARIC ‘English Language Assessment’ enough to prove that the course has been taught and researched in English?

Does these evidence tick all points required?

Do I need gather any further information to prove the English Language requirement for my spouse?

Please shed some light on this topic.

Thank you."

and their reply...

"
Dear Sir

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of language and life in the UK (KOLL) requirement which came in to force on 28th October 2013.

Applications for settlement in the UK must now be supported by evidence that the applicant:

• has passed the Life in the UK test; AND
• has an English language speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 or higher on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or an equivalent level qualification

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

The following qualifications will be accepted:

 Qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) at Entry level 3, Level 1 or Level 2, that include speaking and listening and that have been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The qualification must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications and have been taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. The Ofqual register is available at: http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/2

 A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCQF) levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).

 Qualifications or tests listed in the attached document which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above.

In addition, those who have obtained an academic (not professional or vocational) qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK and

a) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
b) The qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country

will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification.

UK NARIC regularly updates the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If your wife has obtained a degree overseas and her qualification is comparable to a UK degree, she will have been awarded 30 points on the points based calculator. In addition, if the degree was taught in English, she will have been awarded a further 10 points for her English skills. Therefore, if she provides a print out of the points based calculator with her application showing these scores we will accept that she meets the language element of the KOLL requirement to have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher. A separate letter from UK NARIC will not be required.

Please note that your wife will still be required to pass the Life in the UK test in order to demonstrate her knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Mrs C Richards
Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit
Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office
Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

Hi
I have another question please.
My friend who is on Tier 1 (general) and his wife and Uk born Son (3 years old) are on Tier 1 dependent Visas.
He is due to apply for ILR but he is intending to apply ILR only for him and his wife as he says as the kid is born in the UK- I can directly apply for british citizenship for the child once they both granted ILR.
Is there any rule which states the above? Is the UK born child dependent on Tier 1 General will be granted citizenship directly?
Please someone shed some light on this.

Thank you.

tirfk

ILR Peo at solihull

Post by tirfk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi
I had an appointment yesterday at solihull but work didnt get over as they had some IT issues.. they took all the documents with passports, gave biometric.. they said they will send the decision and all paper work by special delivery.

We paid so much fees for PEO appointment and we couldnt get a decision due to their own fault.. and we dont know when we receive the papers and decision. Is it justified to pay so much fees and not get the result due to their own fault?
Can some one please enlighten what will happen now and how many days it will take.. who have had similar experience? ?

Thanks

kais

Re: ILR Peo at solihull

Post by kais » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm

I had an appointment yesterday at solihull but work didnt get over as they had some IT issues.. they took all the documents with passports, gave biometric.. they said they will send the decision and all paper work by special delivery.

We paid so much fees for PEO appointment and we couldnt get a decision due to their own fault.. and we dont know when we receive the papers and decision. Is it justified to pay so much fees and not get the result due to their own fault?
Can some one please enlighten what will happen now and how many days it will take.. who have had similar experience? ?

Thanks

I have seen some who had same issue and managed to get refund ONCE received decision. You need to look through the previous posts though.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 pm

kais wrote:

Thanks

I have seen some who had same issue and managed to get refund ONCE received decision. You need to look through the previous posts though.
Wow.. that would be so nice.. any moderators please shed some light??
Thank you..

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks
I got all my paperwork along with the decision. ILR granted.
Thanks all for the help.