ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP -> Tier-1 -> ILR (Nov 2012) – Using old IELTS fro

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mat101
Newly Registered

HSMP -> Tier-1 -> ILR (Nov 2012) – Using old IELTS fro

Post by mat101 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:04 am

HSMP -> Tier-1 -> ILR (Nov 2012) – Using old IELTS from Initial HSMP Application

Hi fellows

I need guidance and advice regarding meeting the new requirement of English language.

Following are all my details:

HSMP Approved: Nov 2007 (IETLS test submitted as requirement)
Tier-1 Extension: Oct 2009
ILR Issued: 01-Nov-2012 (Just missed 28 October 2013 date ... )

I just read on a different thread that old IELTS certificate will meet the requirement. But I cant find any link or rule regarding this. E.g. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=149211

Can somebody please tell me whether I can use the old certificate to meet the English language requirement of naturalization? I.e. Can I use the same certificate that I used for initial HSMP application?

If yes, please share the source/rule as well. Just to add to this, the IELTS test expiry is 2 years, as mentioned in English requirement document.

Best Regards
M@t

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:30 pm

No reply so far .. :roll:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:39 pm

You should be able to use the certificate. However, you should email ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and ask, please post the response.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks D4109125 for your reply. Cheers :)

Also, I just read the following under KoLL requirement. It looks like I don't need to provide any further English Language certificate as I provided at the time of Entry Clearance:

======================================
Ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hip/kol-uk :: Page 3 ::
If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be
required to take another one. For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in
order to qualify settlement.
======================================

Any comments/thoughts ..?

I will send an email to home office, as well. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Yes, I was aware of that, but I did not see such an option on form AN.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.