ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobchuck
Newly Registered

Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6)

Post by bobchuck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm

I have a "Without Condition Endorsement" stamp in at least the last 2 of my previous U.S. passports. I have just got my new passport and was looking to get it stamped again on my new passport.

Was looking at the INIS site on how to go about getting the stamp and saw it said this:

"4. PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6) may have this stamp renewed in their current non Irish passport on production of both expired non Irish passport containing the endorsement and their current Irish passport. If a person has previously had the Without Conditions Endorsement (Stamp 6) in their non Irish passport but have subsequently given up their Irish citizenship they will not be entitled to the Without Conditions Endorsement"

But I remember it was worded differently a few years ago. I had a look around and found this on this forum from a few years ago and it's what I remember it saying.

"PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition endorsement may have this stamp renewed in their current passport on production of both expired passport containing the endorsement and their current passport."

So from the previous wording it seems I was grand but not anymore.

As far as I know I am not an Irish citizen. I have no idea how I got the stamp originally as I was a child at the time. I have been living here since 1987. Never had any problems coming or going from the country. Nor have I had any problems working. I am quite confused how I have this stamp. My dad and sister also have the same stamp. My brother did too but has since gone back to the US. Can anyone shine any light on this? Was it a mix up many years ago and they gave us all the wrong stamps? My mom is EU so maybe that had something to do with it? To be honest I have no idea.

Thanks.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Were you born in Ireland? If yes then you are automatically an Irish citizen, as you were born before 2005.

Was either parent or any one grandparent an Irish citizen at the time of your birth? If yes you are automatically an Irish citizen also, no matter where you were born.

The new wording seems to suggest that this is designed for those who are entitled to Irish citizenship but sometimes travel on another passport (eg US).

Do you have a child who is an Irish citizen and under age 18?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no' then you may need to apply for Irish citizenship.

PS I just re-read your post and see that your mum is an EU citizen? Do you have citizenship of her country? If yes you may need to get a passport for her country (or proof of EU citizenship), as an EU citizen has a right to live and work in Ireland,and this is why your US passport states 'without condition'. Same for your dad - if he is the spouse (or widower) of an EU citizen this is why his passport is 'without condition'.
BL

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

You got it all wrong!. I wasnt meant to comment thus too busy but would be more than happy to help you. Stamp 6 at that time that you applied is now Stamp 5.

What you need to look as is the STAMP 5 and not the STAMP 6.

As of current:
Stamp 5 = Without Condition Endorsement for non-Irish Nationals

Stamp 6
= Without Condition Endorsement for Irish Nationals.

Note: I am back!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:You got it all wrong!. I wasnt meant to comment thus too busy but would be more than happy to help you. Stamp 6 at that time that you applied is now Stamp 5.

As of current:

Stamp 6

a very Warm Welcome Back IntegratedMigrant , you are the best on this Forum ...
i am leaving this Forum soon Myself , Thanks to God and thanks to you for your support i have been Granted my citizenship , if you look in your inbox you will know what i went through with INIS and GNIB over the past few months .. once again IntegratedMigrant many many thanks for your support and for all the help , hope and Advise you have Given me over the past few months ... may God Bless you and your ... and Good Luck to everyone here with everything .. My Regards to all and especially to you IntegratedMigrant . A BIG THANK YOU ....

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

We know you will be back, you are bored and having nothing doing, you only wanted people to hold their breaths whilst on their knees begging you not to leave, you do not have to tell anyone you are back, you were not banned in the first place and are always welcome to post. You will now notice that since you left, the forum has been dead as you predicted, because apparently you had not posted for a couple of days? This is a forum with numerous members, you are not different from any other new member who has just signed up, the number of posts you have doesn't matter, only the moderators are and the last time i checked you are just another member like everyone else.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:57 pm

adelmurray wrote:a very Warm Welcome Back IntegratedMigrant , you are the best on this Forum ...
i am leaving this Forum soon Myself , Thanks to God and thanks to you for your support i have been Granted my citizenship , if you look in your inbox you will know what i went through with INIS and GNIB over the past few months .. once again IntegratedMigrant many many thanks for your support and for all the help , hope and Advise you have Given me over the past few months ... may God Bless you and your ... and Good Luck to everyone here with everything .. My Regards to all and especially to you IntegratedMigrant . A BIG THANK YOU ....
Thanks adelmurray. God bless you too and I wish you all the best!. :D

Saegh
Newly Registered

Post by Saegh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Man I am so happy to see you back Read all your post in the Past and I have copy of most of tham :P :D you are relly Treasure for evry one need your hellp.I Personally read all your post and you are the best .may god protect you and your family .wallcome back IntegratedMigrant

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:18 am

Saegh wrote:Man I am so happy to see you back Read all your post in the Past and I have copy of most of tham :P :D you are relly Treasure for evry one need your hellp.I Personally read all your post and you are the best .may god protect you and your family .wallcome back IntegratedMigrant
Thanks! :D

dub007

Post by dub007 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 am

Welcome back bro happy to see you back.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Saegh wrote:Man I am so happy to see you back Read all your post in the Past and I have copy of most of tham :P :D you are relly Treasure for evry one need your hellp.I Personally read all your post and you are the best .may god protect you and your family .wallcome back IntegratedMigrant
Thanks! :D

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:31 pm

dub007 wrote:Welcome back bro happy to see you
Thank you! :D

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 pm

dalebutt wrote:We know you will be back, you are bored and having nothing doing, you only wanted people to hold their breaths whilst on their knees begging you not to leave, you do not have to tell anyone you are back, you were not banned in the first place and are always welcome to post. You will now notice that since you left, the forum has been dead as you predicted, because apparently you had not posted for a couple of days? This is a forum with numerous members, you are not different from any other new member who has just signed up, the number of posts you have doesn't matter, only the moderators are and the last time i checked you are just another member like everyone else.

Dalebutt i don't see you helping anyone here. Did you shed any light on the issue of stamp 6? No. Integrated Migrant came through and his very first line was so on point and answered the question without much ceremony. I suggest you welcome him back and keep quite because he is more important that you and all the moderators put together.
Mr Integrated Migrant once again you are welcome, nice to see you back.
The God is back.
NICEANDSMOOTH

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm

nice and smooth wrote:Dalebutt i don't see you helping anyone here. Did you shed any light on the issue of stamp 6? No. Integrated Migrant came through and his very first line was so on point and answered the question without much ceremony. I suggest you welcome him back and keep quite because he is more important that you and all the moderators put together.
Mr Integrated Migrant once again you are welcome, nice to see you back.
The God is back.
Its great to be back @nice and smooth, loving it :). Thanks

zafara
Newly Registered

Re: Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6)

Post by zafara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 pm

bobchuck wrote:I have a "Without Condition Endorsement" stamp in at least the last 2 of my previous U.S. passports. I have just got my new passport and was looking to get it stamped again on my new passport.

Was looking at the INIS site on how to go about getting the stamp and saw it said this:

"4. PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6) may have this stamp renewed in their current non Irish passport on production of both expired non Irish passport containing the endorsement and their current Irish passport. If a person has previously had the Without Conditions Endorsement (Stamp 6) in their non Irish passport but have subsequently given up their Irish citizenship they will not be entitled to the Without Conditions Endorsement"

But I remember it was worded differently a few years ago. I had a look around and found this on this forum from a few years ago and it's what I remember it saying.

"PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition endorsement may have this stamp renewed in their current passport on production of both expired passport containing the endorsement and their current passport."

So from the previous wording it seems I was grand but not anymore.

As far as I know I am not an Irish citizen. I have no idea how I got the stamp originally as I was a child at the time. I have been living here since 1987. Never had any problems coming or going from the country. Nor have I had any problems working. I am quite confused how I have this stamp. My dad and sister also have the same stamp. My brother did too but has since gone back to the US. Can anyone shine any light on this? Was it a mix up many years ago and they gave us all the wrong stamps? My mom is EU so maybe that had something to do with it? To be honest I have no idea.

Thanks.

Hi Can u plzz tell me how long do you have to wait to get the without condition stamp on ur passport i sent my irish and foreign passport on wednesday and im travelling in 2 weeks will i have it back in time ??

zafara
Newly Registered

Post by zafara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:You got it all wrong!. I wasnt meant to comment thus too busy but would be more than happy to help you. Stamp 6 at that time that you applied is now Stamp 5.

As of current:

Stamp 6

Hi can you tell me the waiting time to get this stamp after sending the cover letter and your passports as I have sent them on wednesday and i am travelling in 2 weeks time