ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Language Requirement for ILR Dependent/Partner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 am

So long as you have a Statement of Comparability.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:46 am

Yep Statement of Comparability came postive for my wife's degree.So I think BSc in her letter should be ok ?

Param

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 am

So long as it states it was taught in English, yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks Matey... :D

Param

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,
I have received my wife’s letter from college regarding the medium of instruction and now I have a small doubt to clear.

Her university is krantiguru shyamji krishna verma Kachchh University but in her letter it say KSKV kachchh university. Would that be acceptable?

One more question if my wife letter is rejected at PEO and I am granted ILR which form I should use to extant her leave ?

Thanks

Param

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 am

Hi

I found more clarity for English requirement for settlements. Qualification which awards points on point based calculator is fine. Please check these lines on the bellow link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... set/set17/

Check Question "SET17.8 What is the definition of a degree taught in English?"
and read the last lines of the Answer.

"ECOs may find the English Skills section of the PBS Points Calculator helpful when deciding whether a qualification meets the criteria for the English language requirement".

pbabla
Newly Registered

Re: New English Language Requirement for ILR Dependent/Partn

Post by pbabla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi params0073,

I have been reading your posts. My wife's degree is also from krantiguru shyamji krishna verma Kachchh University and after applying for ILR we have received a letter from the Home Office asking for a Statement of Comparability from UK Naric and confirmation that the medium of teaching was English.

She has contacted the University and they are not willing to assist. Please can you let me know what route you have taken to obtain a letter from this University?

We have to reply within a few days and I am unsure how we will obtain this letter from the university in such a short time.

Thanks

Pbabla