ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & Child-Benefit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bagadbilla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation & Child-Benefit

Post by bagadbilla » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello People

The status of my family is

Myself: On ILR since October-2010 (already eligible for Naturalisation since October-2011)
Wife: On ILR since March 2013 (will become eligible for Naturalisation in March 2014)
Daughter: British Citizen (born on 30.09.2013 and has her British Passport)

My Question is:

We are finally planning to get naturalised when my wife becomes eligible next year in March. Simultaneously we are in the process of applying for child benefits. I know that for ILR we should moslty be free from any such benefits and claims as far as possible. Since we did not have any, we were never questions related to that.

Is there any remotest possibility that when getting naturalised, the child benefit claim can come as a negative factor in the application, although the citizenship application form (as of today) does not have any column pertaining to claims/benefits etc.

Sorry for asking such a daft question, but any replies will help me remove my qualms.

Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Claiming benefits you are entitled to will have no adverse affect on your naturalisation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.