ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLICANTS' work STATUS During Appeal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 am

I came this country as a student,my wife came here as my dependent and our baby girl born on last May.recently I applied for visa on different category for ''leave to remain''. Sadly,our visa is refused.but we did appeal and waiting for appeal hearing date.
even if judges refused this time we will be given another 2 time appeal chance.

My most recent Visa allowed me to do maximum of 20 hours work in term time and any hour during holiday period.My solicitor told me I will get same allowance until the final decision made.but,I am confuse about limitation of hours per week.

I have full respect of UK law.I like to know more about this point.So, please let me know what will be my working allowance until final decision made ? also evidence related my ''working status'' from UKBA

Many thanks

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 am

your work rights are the same as when u had the visa while u have an appeal pending provided the appeal was made before previous leave expired and one were not an overstayer

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Post by sabuj263 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Immigration act 3c will be active until appeal in progress. Just incase First tier tribunal dismiss your appeal. You can apply to the Upper Tribunal to appeal. If granted to appeal then you can appeal to UT. But be well prepare for FTT appeal. UKVI is very strict nowadays. Your previous status will remain same by the virtu of immigration act 1971 (3C). Good luck for your appeal.
Many Regards

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 am

Many thanks for your answer.Finally I like to know may I work any hours or maximum 20 hours.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 pm

according to law u can work on previous status while appeal is with the courts so ur old rules will apply but after its either 3 or 6 months if the case is not decided u can work full time only thing is its hard to prove to the employer but I am sure u can work full time after a while one of the experienced members will tell u what duration it is after which u may work full time

ahsnanaeem17
Newly Registered

Re: APPLICANTS' work STATUS During Appeal

Post by ahsnanaeem17 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

Hi All,

Please sombody advised me what the current status of my work while my apeeal is pending with Court of Appeal. I was student under Tier4 and work was no allowed. Then i applied for PSW visa in march 2012 which was rejected and i am in appeal process which is upto the Court of appeal now and i am waiting for hearing. Please advise me if i could work legally or not in this situation?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 am

meet2mustafiz wrote:Many thanks for your answer.Finally I like to know may I work any hours or maximum 20 hours.
U can work full time when you are out of term.

So if u r not studying it means u can work full time
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:56 am

@zee ali how are you? how about your application? When did you applied? I applied on 1st week of june 2014, done biometric on second week of june 2014, no news yet? Nowadays people getting decision quite early.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Please help,
back in 2010 my tier 4 was first returned as invalid due to wrong version of form,sent it again and then i got refusal on maintenance funds with no right of appeal,application was returned as invalid after taking payment and as well biometrics and after five months.ukba handled my case badly.then my solicitor wrote to them and realized them about their mistakes.then they granted me tier 4 visa and the letter they sent was written that we have reversed our decision.all i want to ask that when the ukba reverse or overturn their decisions do they treat application as continuation with the first application or will they still count you as an overstayer.

thanks