ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for ILR ESOL requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ununki
Newly Registered

Application for ILR ESOL requirements

Post by ununki » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 am

Hi all,

As I am fast approaching my application date for my ILR (January) I thought it might be good to browse through the forum and see what useful information I can gain. I'd like to say thank you for the help provided! Its made my time doing my application easier (or it will do) as I have prepared all but the actual form ahead of time.

My only concern is the the new requirements set after the 28th of October that you need a ESOL certificate and valid evidence that you can speak English. While I have no doubt I can speak english to a satifactory level (being my first language). However the country I am immigrating from isnt on the list of countries with majority English speakers the country is South Africa.

What I'd like to know and Im hoping someone will know here becuase the UK border agency doesnt would they accept my english school certificate stating first language if i get it converted by UK-NARIC, my sister has the same school certificate(called senior certificate) and she was accepted to De montford university for Architecture. I cannot see anything on their approved list of awarding bodies.

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the approved awarding bodies are:
 Ascentis (this awarding body was known as Open College of the Northwest before 1 August 2009)
 Cambridge ESOL
 City & Guilds (Pitmans)
 Edexcel
 Education Development International
 English Management Direct (EMD)
 English Speaking Board (International) Ltd
 Learning Resource Network (LRN)
 National Open College Network
 Trinity College, London.

So does anyone know the answer? or can point me in the right direction? I am on a UK Ancestery visa my family are all English :/ what im trying to find out is if the home office will accept UK-NARIC as a accepted form of proof.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

See KoLL requirements after 28-October-2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ununki
Newly Registered

Post by ununki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am

D4109125 wrote:See KoLL requirements after 28-October-2013.
Thank you Mr Moderator, I have already read this prior to posting for advice :D its where I got the list of supported courses from. My situation is a little unique though :/. I dont hold a Degree, rather several diplomas all taught in English. My first language is English I got a Higher grade English first language pass of 86% at school according to UK-NARIC this translates to an AS level. However they will not comment on it helping my immigration status.

My dillema is, even though English is my first language and I have already studied English in school for ages, South Africa isnt part of the list of majority English speaking countries although it is part of the Commonwealth?

I spoke to the Border agency call centre in Croydon and they refused to comment on what I needed to do sighting that they are unable to advise individual user situations?? Thus Why I am posting here.

So thank you for the Link but it doesnt really answer my question :/

-English is my first language
-have a school certificate with AS level equivalent (they dont accept it)
-No degrees only diplomas

Do I need to do the ESOL test? So confused.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:25 am

If you not from an exempt country you need to meet a B1 requirement. If you do not have a comparable degree which is taught in English and you did not meet a B1 EC requirement then see the approved list.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Guys!
Check out this website regarding new requirement to pass B1, level 3 ESOL exam, "link removed*"
This is easiest and most ecnomical way to pay and pass this test without any problem even if you speak very basic english and they have got dates everywhere in UK as early as possible you wish to have because i myself going to appear in one of this exams soon and i am 100% sure it will work for you the same way it's going to work for me
Hope it helps
Good luck!

*Link removed by moderator.

srbucks25
Newly Registered

Post by srbucks25 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:46 am

where can I get more information on ESOl?
Where should I register for test?

legend786

Post by legend786 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Call to Trinity College! they will give you enough and sufficient information you need regarding ESOL