ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

achan
Newly Registered

Post by achan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks a lot for your reply! I would like to now reapply as my wife is working but they kept my passport even though I have still valid student resedence permit valid till 2016! Please advice what can I do?

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 am

achan wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply! I would like to now reapply as my wife is working but they kept my passport even though I have still valid student resedence permit valid till 2016! Please advice what can I do?
Send the new application including a cover letter stating that they have your passport ( i will put the letter in the front so its the first thing they see just to make sure its not missed), might be better if you also quote the reference for the last application in the cover letter.

All the best.

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:24 pm

at12 wrote: Hi buttercup81, have a look at previous posts and you will see that this is normally the case for unmarried partners (no right to work when receiving the COA). That was my case. I sent my application in May and got my RC about two weeks ago..... so you might be getting yours soon, just have a bit patience :)
Im crossing my fingers it will arrive soon. a CSI agent has been calling me making an appointment for an interview. Should I go ahead? I dont know how to answer them if they ask about my COA. He will not call me and follow up with me if they are not interested in my CV. Might be a great opportunity waiting for me Im just scared I will get rejected again :(

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Re: help plz

Post by buttercup81 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 pm

starbucks wrote:
buttercup81 wrote:
edumlo wrote: That is more than enough, tenancy agreement only applies for unmarried partners, in your case your marriage certificate is the proof of relationship and that you are a family member.
My partner accepted a job here in Nov 2012 and I followed only June 2013. I submitted my RC application on 29 July but no update till now.

I submitted tenancy agreement, electric bill, council tax statement, joint account, his 8 months payslip and P60, employment contract, employment certificate (all stamped by the company); proof of our 3.5 years relationship: pictures, travel tickets, letters from our families and friends, our proof of 2 years cohabitation in Bahrain, our communication during the time that we were apart for 7 mos. My documents weighed 3.6 kgs.

I wonder if these are enough evidence to support my application as an unmarried partner? Do they really deny employment rights to unmarried partners while RC is in process?
I think you've got enough evidence for your application. I applied as an unmarried partner, submitted in July through a lawyer, it's been 3 months now, and I haven't even received a COA. I'm not working at moment
How much do you pay for a lawyer/solicitor? I told my partner that it might be better to use one but he is confident we can do it ourselves. I believe they will email us when the RC has been approved or refused.

mvckyw
Newly Registered

EEA2 RC received for Unmarried Partner!

Post by mvckyw » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi All, as I learned a lot from this forum, I thought useful to give all of you my feedback.
This is my timeline for EEA2 RC received yesterday, HO has been impressively quick for an unmarried partner application (which I understand normally takes longer given that the right of residence is not automatic).
It is true the application was quite straightforward, as I have been living together with my partner in the UK for almost 4 years and provided loads of evidence on the relationship, plus my EEA partner is a Permanent Resident (employed) in the UK, but still I find the timeline quite impressive.

Good luck to all of you!

My timeline:
EEA2 form sent: 09 August 2013
EEA2 form received by HO: 12 August 2013
Acknowledgment letter received on 15 August 2013 (dated 13 August)
COA received: 29 August 2013 (dated 23 August)
RC receved: 24 October 2013 (dated 25 September 2013)

Davmck70

Re: EEA2 RC received for Unmarried Partner!

Post by Davmck70 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

mvckyw wrote:Hi All, as I learned a lot from this forum, I thought useful to give all of you my feedback.
This is my timeline for EEA2 RC received yesterday, HO has been impressively quick for an unmarried partner application (which I understand normally takes longer given that the right of residence is not automatic).
It is true the application was quite straightforward, as I have been living together with my partner in the UK for almost 4 years and provided loads of evidence on the relationship, plus my EEA partner is a Permanent Resident (employed) in the UK, but still I find the timeline quite impressive.

Good luck to all of you!

My timeline:

Congratulations!!!

hunter1
Newly Registered
France

Post by hunter1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:28 am

achan wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply! I would like to now reapply as my wife is working but they kept my passport even though I have still valid student resedence permit valid till 2016! Please advice what can I do?
Lodge paper appeal, tribunal will refund you £80 after you win. And reapply with original documents addressing the refusal too. For appeal you may send photocopies of previous and current documents (Student and Worker route both). You will 100% win the appeal as your wife is now working.

If you will not appeal and make a fresh application you may get refusal based on other lame excuses that you didn't provided enough evidence that your wife is working or they couldn't verify because her employer didn't pick up the phone etc

Send more than one payslips, employment contract and employment letter.
They stated send at least one of them in guideline but actually they are misleading us. Send as much evidence as you can not to give any chance to refuse. Also the bank statements to show money coming in to your wife account from her employer.

I have gone through all the procedure since last year and spent £2000 to solicitors. Don't be panic and don't waste money, your case is straight forward but don't give them any chance for refusal again

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 RC received for Unmarried Partner!

Post by buttercup81 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:42 pm

mvckyw wrote:Hi All, as I learned a lot from this forum, I thought useful to give all of you my feedback.

Good luck to all of you!

My timeline:
Congratulations! Please rub some luck to us too! Cross fingers we will get ours soon as well!

mian

Hearing date and fresh application

Post by mian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 pm

hi,
im bit confused
i send oral hearing appeal on 29th June, and i was waiting for hearing date, after 3 and half month i decided to apply fresh application, and last week i send fresh application through my solicitor, and today i received hearing letter from court, my hearing is on end of december,
what should i do now, what they will do with my new applicaiton?
definitly i will go for hearing,

Davmck70

Re: Hearing date and fresh application

Post by Davmck70 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:51 pm

mian wrote:hi,
im bit confused
i send oral hearing appeal on 29th June, and i was waiting for hearing date, after 3 and half month i decided to apply fresh application, and last week i send fresh application through my solicitor, and today i received hearing letter from court, my hearing is on end of december,
what should i do now, what they will do with my new applicaiton?
definitly i will go for hearing,
The old application will be held for some time while the hearing proceeds. I will advice you prepare well for the hearing by visiting any Tribunal hearing centre close to you so you can gain some experience on how it works. Also gather as much evidences as possible based on reason for refusal..
more importantly, go with EEA national

starbucks
Newly Registered

awaiting consideration of EEA2

Post by starbucks » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:55 pm

I am waiting for the consideration on a three and half month by now, but I need my passport urgently, because my mum is seriously ill and the doctor suggested visiting her as soon as possible. My stepfather passed away two months ago, I couldn't travel back home because I didn't have my passport, already phoned my lawyer and asked if there is a possibility that HO would process my application and make a decision earlier. But my lawyer said there is no chance if I ask the passport back now, then I will have to leave this country without a valid visa(I guess he meant RC). Anybody can give some advice?

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Re: awaiting consideration of EEA2

Post by buttercup81 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 pm

starbucks wrote:I am waiting for the consideration on a three and half month by now, but I need my passport urgently, because my mum is seriously ill and the doctor suggested visiting her as soon as possible. My stepfather passed away two months ago, I couldn't travel back home because I didn't have my passport, already phoned my lawyer and asked if there is a possibility that HO would process my application and make a decision earlier. But my lawyer said there is no chance if I ask the passport back now, then I will have to leave this country without a valid visa(I guess he meant RC). Anybody can give some advice?
Im sorry to hear about your mother starbucks.

I heard that it takes at least 2 weeks to get ypur passport back if you request it. I hope they can release it asap given your situation. When is your family permit expiring? If your FP is still valid until the time you decided to fly back to UK there should be no problem. But if your FP is soon to expire or already expired once you fly out of UK you will require to apply for FP again to enter.

blegad
Newly Registered

Post by blegad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm

I was sending them email literally every second day. Most of them were ignored but I got response 3 times within the period of time that we were waiting. Maybe they got fed up with me, since i had email address to case worker so she speeded up the case ;) But in a first place once they received my letter I was told my case will be reconsidered within 10 days. For some reason your one seems to take much longer time .
Hi DGTLJNK,

When you sent those emails to follow up for your reconsideration request, do you remember how you worded your inquiries by email and who you directed it to apart from the caseworker.

boa90
Newly Registered

Post by boa90 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Can you get your appeal money refunded after your rc was issued with a reconsideration request?

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Post by Aliaslan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 pm

UKBA sent me a letter that they reconsider the decision if my partner sends them more proof of her exercising treaty rights .

We have sent 3payslips, a letter from her employer, a newspaper (it has her name in it as she is working for the paper)! And she has emailed the case worker from her email address.

Do you think that will be enough?

JulietSoul
Israel

My timeline

Post by JulietSoul » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 am

Hi guys!

Here is my timeline so far. So excited!

My timeline:
EEA2 form sent: 15 October 2013
EEA2 form received by HO: 16 October 2013
Passports requested: 17 October 2013
Acknowledgment letter received on 25 October 2013 (dated 17 October)
COA (with right to work) received: 30 October 2013 (dated 27 October)

So happy I got my COA with right to work! Am applying under the Surinder Singh route.
Wonder how long I should wait for the passports before sending in another online form request...
Last edited by JulietSoul on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imshzd

Re: My timeline

Post by Imshzd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:28 am

JulietSoul wrote:Hi guys!

My timeline:
COA (with right to work) received: 30 October 2013 (dated 27 August)

So happy I got my COA with right to work! Am applying under the Surinder Singh route.
Wonder how long I should wait for the passports before sending in another online form request...
You sent your application on 15 oct then how COA dated 27 August ??

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Imshzd wrote:

My timeline:

Lol! Probably a mistake by the poster

JulietSoul
Israel

Post by JulietSoul » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm

dalebutt wrote:
Imshzd wrote:

My timeline:

Lol! Probably a mistake by the poster
Sorry! Corrected now :)

edumlo

RC Received

Post by edumlo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm

My timeline is:

EEA1 and EEA2 sent: 10/05/2013
COA received: 15/05/2013 with right to work
EEA1 RC receiveid: 15/07/2013
Passport EEA1 requested back: 07/10/2013
Immigration visit to check if marriage is genuine: 10/10/2013
Passport returned without RC: 08/10/2013
RC receiveid on A4 paper: 31/10/2013 issued on 28/10/2013

Almost six bloody months waiting and having immigrating breaking into the house at 6am to check if me and my wife were living together, even though all the papers were correct and we`ve been married for 3 years.

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hopefully
Newly Registered

Post by Hopefully » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:38 pm

I have been visiting this forum every other day. I must say thumbs up to the moderators and everyone else for all the information made available on this site. It's kept me informed in all aspects regarding EEA applications. My timeline is

EEA 2 (Married couple) sent----28th June 2013
Application received by HO-----1st July 2013
COA received-------------------- 8th July 2013 (dated 4th July)
RC --------------------------------Waiting and hopeful
Residency permit with all supporting documents recieved today 31st oct 2013

mikilo2008

Re: RC Received

Post by mikilo2008 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm

edumlo wrote:My timeline is:

Almost six bloody months waiting and having immigrating breaking into the house at 6am to check if me and my wife were living together, even though all the papers were correct and we`ve been married for 3 years.

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!

Congrats, you said they break into your house. Where you not informed before the visit. What happened when they visited, please I would like to know. Thanks

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!
Did they 'break' or 'visit'?

edumlo

Post by edumlo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Had I not opened the door when they started banging it down it would have been broken, there were 5 of them in a huge van, ready to arrest me in case my wife was not there.

Although they call it a "visit", they were there with a warranty and ready to take me if they were not satisfied that my marriage was real.
Babz wrote:

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!
Did they 'break' or 'visit'?

ja2wadpk
Newly Registered

A4 paper Residence card to Passport ...

Post by ja2wadpk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:28 am

Hi !
Can anybody tell me that, how long does it take to transfer residence card from A4 paper to passport ? and also what is the correct procedure ?

I've been to Poland with my wife with that A4 paper visa and my passport it was completely a mess and also when we returned back to the UK so many questions and answer...

I don't wanna spend an hour or more at the Immigration for this reason.

Thanks.