ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next citizenship ceremony after 21st October

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waiting2beirish

Next citizenship ceremony after 21st October

Post by waiting2beirish » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:37 am

Calling all hopeful for the next citizenship ceremony after 21st October.

I believe there are many holding their breath to receive approval letters after the 21st october ceremony. I am one such... waiting for my wife's approval.

Application: April 2013 (spouse of naturalised Irish citizen, stamp 3 and 4)
First letter: Acknowledgment - May 2013
Second letter: Application in second stage- July 2013

May I suggest that we use this topic for tracking the progress up to the December 2013 ceremony. eg: receiving approval letter (when and on what bases you applied) , when did you send 950 euro photo and GNIB card, receiving invitation letter etc.

All suggestions / thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks.
Not waiting any more

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 pm

I received my second acknowledgement in May 2013 and I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I'd be surprised if I got an approval before December. It took them 4 months to move my application from stage 1 to 2. Some of my friends applied after me and they will be Irish on Monday. :(

I'd rather expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:33 am

Hope for the best things will be moving quicker soon because there is no backlog after this ceremony only few cases from 2011 and 2012. Good Luck.
Kinto wrote:I received my second acknowledgement in May 2013 and I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I'd be surprised if I got an approval before December. It took them 4 months to move my application from stage 1 to 2. Some of my friends applied after me and they will be Irish on Monday. :(

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 am

dub007 wrote:Hope for the best things will be moving quicker soon because there is no backlog after this ceremony only few cases from 2011 and 2012. Good Luck.
Kinto wrote:I received my second acknowledgement in May 2013 and I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I'd be surprised if I got an approval before December. It took them 4 months to move my application from stage 1 to 2. Some of my friends applied after me and they will be Irish on Monday. :(

Applied on March 25th, got acknowledgement in April and got second stage letter on June 3rd. It'll be 7 months next weeks. There were people who got their approvals from Jan, Feb and March 11th even. I'm hopeful but if I don;t get anything, I would not be disappointed. Let's see

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 am

I applied in Aug 2012,

DOJ asked so many documents many times during the last year, which i supplied.

Latest letter received only a week ago, that my application is on the final stage and they do not required any further documents and i would be notified by the minsters decision in due course.

Its one year and 2 months since i applied for my naturalization....

P.S. I am holder of permanent residence card.

Any idea, how long could DOJ take more in my case ?

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Be assured that you will be in the next ceremony
CalvinKlien wrote:I applied in Aug 2012,

DOJ asked so many documents many times during the last year, which i supplied.

Latest letter received only a week ago, that my application is on the final stage and they do not required any further documents and i would be notified by the minsters decision in due course.

Its one year and 2 months since i applied for my naturalization....

P.S. I am holder of permanent residence card.

Any idea, how long could DOJ take more in my case ?
:) :)
Not waiting any more

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks waiting2beirish, waiting for the same good news in real :)

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I agree one stops expecting anything once you see that people who applied after you are getting citizenship before you ...at that stage you loose all hope ..believe I have been through this people who applied 6 months after had got citizenship before me and I was just waiting for the postman every morning ...I just don't what this to happen in my wife's case ...just want to get her citizenship and move on . I hope now on all get their approvals in 6 months and no one has to suffer the waiting.
Not waiting any more

mred1

Post by mred1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:16 pm

I applied feb 2013, and sept I got a letter looking for more documents. To me, they had all the reports back by month 7. If not for them needing clarification on an issue...They would have approved it with the sept approvals. I am not hoping with all the documents furnished...I will be part of the next approval batch & I am hoping everyone else will be part of it. I understand how heartbreaking it is when ppl that applied after you have gotten approvals.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 am

mred1 wrote:I applied feb 2013, and sept I got a letter looking for more documents. To me, they had all the reports back by month 7. If not for them needing clarification on an issue...They would have approved it with the sept approvals. I am not hoping with all the documents furnished...I will be part of the next approval batch & I am hoping everyone else will be part of it. I understand how heartbreaking it is when ppl that applied after you have gotten approvals.
Once you have submitted all the documentation requested , I would be confident that you will be included for the next ceremony ....hold on its the last mile.
Not waiting any more

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 am

I am sure everyone is waiting will be include in next ceremony. Best Of Luck.
waiting2beirish wrote:
mred1 wrote:I applied feb 2013, and sept I got a letter looking for more documents. To me, they had all the reports back by month 7. If not for them needing clarification on an issue...They would have approved it with the sept approvals. I am not hoping with all the documents furnished...I will be part of the next approval batch & I am hoping everyone else will be part of it. I understand how heartbreaking it is when ppl that applied after you have gotten approvals.
Once you have submitted all the documentation requested , I would be confident that you will be included for the next ceremony ....hold on its the last mile.

ahm
Newly Registered

Re: Next citizenship ceremony after 21st October

Post by ahm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:46 am

Where did u get the information that there is a ceremony on December 2013? :shock:
waiting2beirish wrote: May I suggest that we use this topic for tracking the progress up to the December 2013 ceremony. eg: receiving approval letter (when and on what bases you applied) , when did you send 950 euro photo and GNIB card, receiving invitation letter etc.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

ahm wrote:Where did u get the information that there is a ceremony on December 2013? :shock:
Nothing confirmed yet, but it usually happens every 2 months.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I suggest call INIS on tuesday and ask them
Kinto wrote:
ahm wrote:Where did u get the information that there is a ceremony on December 2013? :shock:

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 pm

dub007 wrote:I suggest call INIS on tuesday and ask them
Kinto wrote:

It looks like there will be ceremony early December:

On October 9th:

"For example, next week will see the 56th, 57th and 58th citizenship ceremonies being held with a further series of ceremonies planned for early December."

Source: http://www.nascireland.org/latest-news/ ... numbers-2/

dub007

Post by dub007 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Seems like first week of Dec
eternitate1903 wrote:
Kinto wrote:

On October 9th:

"For example, next week will see the 56th, 57th and 58th citizenship ceremonies being held with a further series of ceremonies planned for early December."

ahm
Newly Registered

Post by ahm » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Guys, the post for this was on: Tue, October 9, 2012

That was meant for last year in december 2012 :!: :!: :!:

dub007 wrote:Seems like first week of Dec
eternitate1903 wrote:
Kinto wrote:

On October 9th:

mred1

lol

Post by mred1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 am

LOL...@ that post. thanks AHM for noticing.....LOL

eternitate1903

Re: lol

Post by eternitate1903 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 am

mred1 wrote:LOL...@ that post. thanks AHM for noticing.....LOL
Oh, I apologize for that confusion

dub007

Post by dub007 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks for the info :)
ahm wrote:Guys, the post for this was on: Tue, October 9, 2012

That was meant for last year in december 2012 :!: :!: :!:

dub007 wrote:Seems like first week of Dec
eternitate1903 wrote:

On October 9th: