ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 pm

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Hey Keisha, thank you for your prayers. I guess when you read cases like Ale001, I'd rather just keep my moans on the down low. Been waiting 11 months now and the reply "yet to be completed & not allocated to a caseworker" glares with clarity. Therefore the waiting game is still on. Hope you are ok and doing pretty well yourself?

@Ale001,

Verbina and Hatchsead are very much on point with the PAP characterization but in my own opinion why not try resolve this with the ombudsmen before you take that expensive and lengthy step cos once you involve the courts perhaps they (ombudsmen) cannot get involved any longer. Have a look at section 3.1 & 3.2 of this document,

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... l/prot_jrv

so just try them first (just my opinion).
@Dapsonlee good point!
@Ale , why dont you try the Ombudsman first?
Let me include that i have contacted Ombudsman more than 5 times, they never respond too...
Why dont you phone them? Then they can take all the details on the phone and post all the necessary forms for you to fill .....
Thank you verbina,

But how can one lodge complain to Ombudsman without involving your MP who refused to respond and who is not even available to involve? Thats my point..
Last edited by ale001 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 pm

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Hey Keisha, thank you for your prayers. I guess when you read cases like Ale001, I'd rather just keep my moans on the down low. Been waiting 11 months now and the reply "yet to be completed & not allocated to a caseworker" glares with clarity. Therefore the waiting game is still on. Hope you are ok and doing pretty well yourself?

@Ale001,

Verbina and Hatchsead are very much on point with the PAP characterization but in my own opinion why not try resolve this with the ombudsmen before you take that expensive and lengthy step cos once you involve the courts perhaps they (ombudsmen) cannot get involved any longer. Have a look at section 3.1 & 3.2 of this document,

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... l/prot_jrv

so just try them first (just my opinion).
@Dapsonlee good point!
@Ale , why dont you try the Ombudsman first?
Let me include that i have contacted Ombudsman more than 5 times, they never respond too...
Why dont you phone them? Then they can take all the details on the phone and post all the necessary forms for you to fill .....

Exactly!!! Try to call them and explain the situation. Sometimes when emails don't get the job done, you have to breathe down the phone on these guys and pls try to drop a tear or 2 and sniffing constantly i am sure that will catch their attention.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm

@Verbs...Don't let that delay deter you doll,for soon you will be rejoicing.The social services better hurry up and do the right thing.As for me,I'm still waiting to hear how it goes with the JR which was submitted not sure when though.But,I believe that God will make a way and grant us visas.

@H'stand...Ooh gosh,that's a long weight and not really fair.I believe God will meet you at a point of need.Keep the faith and never give up!

@D'lee...Don't despair brother we all gotta think positive despite Horror Office being full of it.God is for us all and He's gonna fight for us throughout.

@Ale001...could you kindly give me Mrs Diabetes contact details so to give to a friend who has been waiting for more than 3yrs.I don't understand why they have to drag applications these Amoebas...*rollseyes*

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Sometimes when emails don't get the job done, you have to breathe down the phone on these guys and pls try to drop a tear or 2 and sniffing constantly i am sure that will catch their attention.

@D'lee....lol...that's a plan but at times think they would be rolling their eyes at the other end when doing that.I reckon need get a serious cry and make them feel guilty!!Can't stand Horror Office!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Keisha wrote:@Verbs...Don't let that delay deter you doll,for soon you will be rejoicing.The social services better hurry up and do the right thing.As for me,I'm still waiting to hear how it goes with the JR which was submitted not sure when though.But,I believe that God will make a way and grant us visas.

@H'stand...Ooh gosh,that's a long weight and not really fair.I believe God will meet you at a point of need.Keep the faith and never give up!

@D'lee...Don't despair brother we all gotta think positive despite Horror Office being full of it.God is for us all and He's gonna fight for us throughout.

@Ale001...could you kindly give me Mrs Diabetes contact details so to give to a friend who has been waiting for more than 3yrs.I don't understand why they have to drag applications these Amoebas...*rollseyes*
Well fingers crossed you wont have to wait much longer for your JR date luv! We are all at least one step closer to Victory!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Keisha wrote:Sometimes when emails don't get the job done, you have to breathe down the phone on these guys and pls try to drop a tear or 2 and sniffing constantly i am sure that will catch their attention.

@D'lee....lol...that's a plan but at times think they would be rolling their eyes at the other end when doing that.I reckon need get a serious cry and make them feel guilty!!Can't stand Horror Office!!
lol tell me about it... even if you dying they tend not to bat an eyelid.. well you said it all home office sugar mummy (Theresa May) with her diabetes feel so sorry for i just hope she gets removed before her time is up (Xmas Wishlist).

Hende123
Newly Registered

Post by Hende123 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi everyone, new to this forum. My fiance flR O was refused february 2013 after 1 year waiting.

No removal directions and no right appeal given. Can only appeal on human rights once removal directions given, and we all know HO arent in any rush to do that. Been together 2.5 yrs.

Solicitor doesnt believe the ECHR article 8 was considered. Have lodged claim to echr strauburg
his story
Came as visitor in 2002 and overstayed. Has auntie uncles cousins in Uk. We are so anxious the HO has no heart for human beings. Iam uk born citize, 25 with full time job but dont eatn enough to meet financial requirements.

Anyone else in similar situation

Monique30
Newly Registered

Post by Monique30 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi guys, I would like to share my news with you. I just received a call from my solicitor telling me I have been granted a 30 month visa. I am so happy....brilliant xmas present. Good luck to you all and I pray you will hear some good news too.

My timeline:

Applied on: 16/01/2013
Acknowledgement received: 21/01/2013 (dated 18/01/2013)
Biometric received: 11/03/2013 (dated 8/03/2013)
Biometric done: 15/03/2013
Request for more documents: 22/10/2013 (deadline:30/10/2013)
Documents sent: 24/10/2013
Granted 30 month visa: 31/10/2013

I haven't been to my collect it yet so I don't know exactly what the letter says.
Last edited by Monique30 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Monique30 wrote:Hi guys, I would like to share my news with you. I just received a call from my solicitor telling me I have been granted a 30 month visa. I am so happy....brilliant xmas present. Good luck to you all and I pray you will hear some good news too.

My timeline:

Documents sent: Today (24/10/2013)

I haven't been to my collect it yet so I don't know exactly what the letter says.
Whoa! Congratulations!!! Stay Blessed!
Could you please share your story with us? Thank you :P

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Monique30 wrote:Hi guys, I would like to share my news with you. I just received a call from my solicitor telling me I have been granted a 30 month visa. I am so happy....brilliant xmas present. Good luck to you all and I pray you will hear some good news too.

My timeline:

Documents sent: Today (24/10/2013)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Xmas present indeed with only couple of weeks to go. Goodluck to you and your family.

January applicants should sure be hopeful with this news :oops: :lol:

Monique30
Newly Registered

Post by Monique30 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:05 pm

This is my story, I copied it from my last post:

Came here in 2000 on a visitor's visa and overstayed (issues i can't get into now). Anyway, I tried to regularise my status in 2010 as a dependent of my mother when she applied as the unmarried spouse of a british citizen. Was refused in 2011 which i knew would happen as I was over the age of 18- surprisingly, my mother's application was refused also (she has a british partner and british child).

At that time I was in a relationship with my boyfriend who is now my husband and moved in with him literally a month after the application was sent. As mentioned above the application was refused in summer of 2011 (received the letter the day I found out i was pregnant). Had difficulties with the pregnancy so decided to wait until after the baby was born before trying again to regularise my status. Got married in March 2012, I was 8 months pregnant and literally quaking in my boots that UKBA would come and drag me out on my wedding day. By the grace of God it went off without an itch yay!

So in January of this year my solicitor put in flro application based on me being the spouse/wife of a british citizen and the parent of a british child (not entirely sure of the particulars but know that in the cover letter he quoted countless amount of case studies relating to my case).

Anyway, here we are 9 months later and they've asked me for more documents some or most of which I haven't got but both my husband and solicitor has written good cover letters to explain this and i sent what I do have. What I found strange was the fact that not only did they ask for all our passports but they also asked for my daughter's (who is 18mnths old) 'red book'. What do you guys think? I mean she has been a poorly baby with chest problems ( probably will be asthmatic when she is older), has been admitted to hospital a few times which they know about. So I am not entirely sure about that one....(the case of the 'red book' I mean). We've sent it anyway.

Solicitor rang today with good news!!

Monique30
Newly Registered

Post by Monique30 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks @ verbina and @dapsonlee

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Monique30 wrote:This is my story, I copied it from my last post:

Came here in 2000 on a visitor's visa and overstayed (issues i can't get into now). Anyway, I tried to regularise my status in 2010 as a dependent of my mother when she applied as the unmarried spouse of a british citizen. Was refused in 2011 which i knew would happen as I was over the age of 18- surprisingly, my mother's application was refused also (she has a british partner and british child).

At that time I was in a relationship with my boyfriend who is now my husband and moved in with him literally a month after the application was sent. As mentioned above the application was refused in summer of 2011 (received the letter the day I found out i was pregnant). Had difficulties with the pregnancy so decided to wait until after the baby was born before trying again to regularise my status. Got married in March 2012, I was 8 months pregnant and literally quaking in my boots that UKBA would come and drag me out on my wedding day. By the grace of God it went off without an itch yay!

So in January of this year my solicitor put in flro application based on me being the spouse/wife of a british citizen and the parent of a british child (not entirely sure of the particulars but know that in the cover letter he quoted countless amount of case studies relating to my case).

Anyway, here we are 9 months later and they've asked me for more documents some or most of which I haven't got but both my husband and solicitor has written good cover letters to explain this and i sent what I do have. What I found strange was the fact that not only did they ask for all our passports but they also asked for my daughter's (who is 18mnths old) 'red book'. What do you guys think? I mean she has been a poorly baby with chest problems ( probably will be asthmatic when she is older), has been admitted to hospital a few times which they know about. So I am not entirely sure about that one....(the case of the 'red book' I mean). We've sent it anyway.

This is totally inspirational! Well done! Have an amazing x-mas!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Hende123 wrote:Hi everyone, new to this forum. My fiance flR O was refused february 2013 after 1 year waiting.

No removal directions and no right appeal given. Can only appeal on human rights once removal directions given, and we all know HO arent in any rush to do that. Been together 2.5 yrs.

Solicitor doesnt believe the ECHR article 8 was considered. Have lodged claim to echr strauburg
his story
Came as visitor in 2002 and overstayed. Has auntie uncles cousins in Uk. We are so anxious the HO has no heart for human beings. Iam uk born citize, 25 with full time job but dont eatn enough to meet financial requirements.

Anyone else in similar situation
Hi Hende123, I am sorry about your fiancé's refusal. Your fiancé is not alone there are many similar cases here. You could apply for JR for The HO delaying in issuing you with a section 10 order or removal notice.
The cheapest way is to write a PAP yourself threatening JR. They should infact issue removal notice 3 months after refusing the application but the removal notice attracts a right of appeal so they want people to suffer and deny them that channel. Be strong and all the best.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Monique30 wrote:This is my story, I copied it from my last post:

Congrats. Best Xmas present. Enjoy the freedom. Hope your daughter is on the mend.

God's Authority

Congrats Monique

Post by God's Authority » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Big congrats Monique

Do enjoy yourself and please take care of your LO

God bless.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:24 pm

My timeline:

Documents sent: 24/10/2013

Congrat...enjoy ur freedom
It is well

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Keisha wrote:Sometimes when emails don't get the job done, you have to breathe down the phone on these guys and pls try to drop a tear or 2 and sniffing constantly i am sure that will catch their attention.

Queeisha (Queen Keisha) you are too funny! turn on the water works hey. If we all rang and sobbed uncontrollably perhaps they may feel sorry for us!

Slightly going off topic here but forgive people. I tuned in to watch X factor the other day (trust me I don't usually do I watch dancing on ice because of Flavia prob *winks*) since when do people cry so much on telly. Louis Walsh breaks down, Nicole follows, Sharon goes next, Gary (probably crocodile tears) and then the midget Dermot Oleary went into one too. Hell broke loose even the camera man was in tears. Kleenex must have made a fortune that evening! Just thinking of the whole episode I could burst into tears myself......

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Believe2013 wrote:

Queeisha (Queen Keisha) you are too funny! turn on the water works hey. If we all rang and sobbed uncontrollably perhaps they may feel sorry for us!

Slightly going off topic here but forgive people. I tuned in to watch X factor the other day (trust me I don't usually do I watch dancing on ice because of Flavia prob *winks*) since when do people cry so much on telly. Louis Walsh breaks down, Nicole follows, Sharon goes next, Gary (probably crocodile tears) and then the midget Dermot Oleary went into one too. Hell broke loose even the camera man was in tears. Kleenex must have made a fortune that evening! Just thinking of the whole episode I could burst into tears myself......
Eh? Flavia from Dancing on Ice?! :shock: Isnt she the one from Strictly come dancing.....??

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:52 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

Eh? Flavia from Dancing on Ice?! :shock: Isnt she the one from Strictly come dancing.....??
errh that's one too many of these shows just goes to show how in touch and up to date I am with these shows *very embarrassed*. I hope that didn't bring a tear to your eye Verbina lol Well recovered there. I was going to mention Alesha Dixon too but I may have to google the facts first to avoid offending the die hard fans out there. Let's talk about football and I can tell you everything you want to know. Oops sorry I m off on a tangent again!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

errh that's one too many of these shows just goes to show how in touch and up to date I am with these shows *very embarrassed*. I hope that didn't bring a tear to your eye Verbina lol Well recovered there. I was going to mention Alesha Dixon too but I may have to google the facts first to avoid offending the die hard fans out there. Let's talk about football and I can tell you everything you want to know. Oops sorry I m off on a tangent again!
No probs Flavia and Alesha are both well HOT!!! But football....?! Whatever.... :roll: :lol:

PS @dapsonlee watches Desperate Housewives for Eva Longoria !! Heehee so its all good!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24755547

Hahaha! Epic!!!! Such complete and utter bullsh*t!!!! Made me laugh though!!! :lol:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

No probs Flavia and Alesha are both well HOT!!! But football....?! Whatever.... :roll: :lol:

PS @dapsonlee watches Desperate Housewives for Eva Longoria !! Heehee so its all good!

Believe2013 your bro code is not tarnished yet for watching such. Its ok to slip from football once in a while.

Sigh verbs am I allowed to deny that??? 😳 😂 well I am proud of it... She is drop dead gorgeous!!! 🙈

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:15 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Believe2013 your bro code is not tarnished yet for watching such. Its ok to slip from football once in a while.

Sigh verbs am I allowed to deny that??? 😳 😂 well I am proud of it... She is drop dead gorgeous!!! 🙈
I know she is babe :lol: ! Im only messing 8)

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:29 pm

verbina wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24755547

Hahaha! Epic!!!! Such complete and utter bullsh*t!!!! Made me laugh though!!! :lol:
Oh my God enforced removal costs about £15000 per head -what airline are they flying these people. Even concorde didn't cost that much! alternatively they could allow us to work and we could contribute that amount in NI and taxes per year. how does that sound? whilst we await removal. Then again if I am going to be forcibly removed I would not want to be chartered on an Easyjet plane or Rynnair. I will be popping Cristal Dom perignon etc on them chartered plane. Not just any plane for me but it's got to be pimped big time, hydraulics the whole works and as people are embarking it will be bouncing up and down like one of those snoop dogg cars in his videos. I am sorry I don't do things in half measures