ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa waiting time-help plz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mussa
Newly Registered

spouse visa waiting time-help plz

Post by mussa » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 pm

hi,
my wife applied for her settlement visa in mid May 07 to bhc in islamabad but she has not heard about the progress of her application yet.

i know that it takes 12 weeks but what i don't know is how ( by letter or telephone) will bhc contact my wife as she submitted her application through gerrys/fedex.
anyone knows anything or experienced any similar situation about bhc procedures?

mus

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi:)
Well i submitted my application end of april at Islamabad too and i was told by the fedex people that it will take around 12 weeks and that they will contact me through telephone once my application has been processed.
Anyone who has already gone through the procedure can certainly confirm or correct the above.
Regards
Cloudysky

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Was your application Simple or Complex e.g. did you or your wife ever had any trouble getting VISA before.

My application is currently awaiting and I have not yet been called for the Finger Print scan or interview. It has been 9 Weeks.

The monst anoying thing is that you just cannot talk to anyone about the progress. All it says that your Application is in Progress.

You(spouse) should get a phone call from the embassy and then they will send the correspondance to Fedex.

Hope it helps

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi there, i can understand that all you guys/girls are really anxious to get together with your other halves, but unfortunately there is a system in place and the BHC do usually have loads to get through.

My wifes Visa took 16 weeks to come through, all the paperwork was spot on, and there were no complications whatsoever.

I think those FEW people who have had an earlier application result are very fortunate indeed!!! but the the correct lead time is 12 weeks and beyond am afraid.

I will do dua that all you brothers and sisters are given "Good News" regardless of the time factor..inshallah!!

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:33 pm

My wifes visa which was submitted in ISB took around 10 weeks, it depends on how complex the case is\work load @ the BHC...

Good luck

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 am

they doubled the visa Fees and one would really think that the money is spent on hiring more staff and processing cases quicker but unfortunatley this does not seems to be the case right now :(

Tahir Khan BURNLEY
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir Khan BURNLEY » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:05 pm

hi
i'm in my 12th week of waiting, and still no reply, so i guess they're workoad must be high this time of year.