ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice for ROR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk2005

advice for ROR

Post by uk2005 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 am

thanks to all

after long battle with my ex finally got my decree absolute issued on 30th October 2013
marriage last 4 years
we been together more than 2 years
for ROR application i have
1. decree absolute
2. 2 years proof like join utility bills
about my ex work she is self employed
she is helping me with her tax return also i have the paid bill NI contribution
about accounted latter what kind of latter need from accounted
i read on forum accounted latter is very impotent for application if anyone please tell me bit about accounted latter i will be really great full..
also if there any more paper need for ROR application please guide me..thnxs
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 am

Try to make your application simple.

1:decree absolute
2:one year bills etc
3:your wife's qualifying status before the relationship ended( tax return,NI slip and accountants letter)

In accountants letter you are require to tell HO what nature of work your ex is doing and for how long.

Nothing else.

Best of luck.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:18 am

And your pay slips etc after divorce.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Although accountant letter may be good, but I dont think it's that important. What is missing in your list are invoice, receipt and bank statement showing business activities. Get these ready and you should be fine.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Ricardo wrote:Although accountant letter may be good, but I dont think it's that important. What is missing in your list are invoice, receipt and bank statement showing business activities. Get these ready and you should be fine.
I agree. Accountant letter is not vital. Invoices+Purchase Orders (or contracts)+bank statements showing business activities and NIC and taxes payments are more important. I do not think that one can get ROR by presenting the letter from accountant if everything else (invoices, bank statements etc) are not included into application. I don't think it will fly. The opposite should be OK. The point is that prior to issuing the letter an accountant is supposed to check client's business activity. If no documents in support of thereof activity have been included into ROR/EEA2 application it might raise doubts in credibility of the letter itself. What was the assessment based upon if not on invoices, bank statements etc? If the accountant did review the documents then where are they? Why haven't they been included into application?

I think the letter of accountant might be really important in borderline cases, when some documents are included and some are missing. It will make case stronger.

I also think that if a caseworker is not really experienced and does not know how to handle self-employment applications, the letter from accountant might be a big bonus because it is an evidence that a trained accountant had already checked the self-employment business and is ready to vouch for that. Again, the letter from accountant is on the list of supporting documents. So, the more documents from the list are included into the application, the easier it would be for such caseworker to make a decision. Basically, it would be easier for any caseworker regardless her experience, but in case of inexperienced one it could be a matter between pass and fail for the applicant.
Mean what you say, say what you mean

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: advice for ROR

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Like everyone i would say the same thing. I haven't found anyone application refused because of account letter yet

But yes quite few EEA2, ROR, PR refused because EEA1 national didn't submit invoice / receipts

So i would say

- NI contribution

- TAX Return letters from the HMRC ( not everyone )

- invoice/ receipt

- evidence of NI contribution / Tax payment from the Bank account / or other source
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 am

I don't know any accountant who issue a letter to any applicant with out checking any self employment documents,like Hmrc registration,business activities etc.

In UK all accountants are regulated under some laws.

Accountants letter is a reference letter in which accountant explain the self employment activities to HO.

And it's very easy to HO to confirm applicants work status through their accountant.

Accountants are not above the laws and a proper real accountants letter is enough to prove Business activities.

So I advice to my all board members please if you want to sent Accountants letter in support of your application then go to a proper well reputed accountants firm and without checking your papers these firms will never issue you a letter.But once they issue you a letter then HO will never ask you any other things.

For example,Mr A is a owner of XYZ business with the turn over £ 100000 per month,So is it possible to Mr A to sent invoices or business bank statement to HO?
NO..Mr A will sent just accountants letter.

Example 2:Mr A is a self employed person and his turn over is £ 150.per week in total,So is it possible to Mr A to afford accountant?
NO..Mr A will sent his invoices and personal bank statements,but this Mr A still can sent the accountants letter as a reference.

We have a see the things with broad minded.

Creditable accountants letter are alone enough to support applications.
Non Crediable accountants letter are not alone enough to support applications.

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:45 am

Thank you guys for your help.
In my case she will not give me any of her
Bank statment😒
I m also self empolyed we both use same accounted
As we both not very good math to submit tax return
On our own..
I convence her for help me on my ROR
Application so she giving me her
tax return
NI paid bill
Also i ask her for accounted latter
But she not sure what is it..
Thank you this fourm again without this
I was soo helpless..
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 am

Imshzd wrote:In UK all accountants are regulated under some laws.
No, they are not. Anyone in the UK can call themselves an accountant. Unlike doctors, they do not have to go through ANY certifications WHATSOEVER in order to call themselves an accountant. They might, but they do not have to.

The HO has no way of telling if a letter came from a "reputable" accountant or not. I doubt the HO would investigate, they will judge the case based on the documents enclosed. They won't like a letter from accountant as a single supporting document.
Imshzd wrote:So I advice to my all board members please if you want to sent Accountants letter in support of your application then go to a proper well reputed accountants firm and without checking your papers these firms will never issue you a letter.But once they issue you a letter then HO will never ask you any other things.
I really doubt it. I have been reading through the self-employment stories people submit on this forum for quite a while. I have never seen a single one who would submit just a letter from an accountant. Are you a lawyer who has submitted dozens of applications with an accountant letter as a single supporting document? You did it and you nailed it?
Imshzd wrote:For example,Mr A is a owner of XYZ business with the turn over £ 100000 per month,So is it possible to Mr A to sent invoices or business bank statement to HO?
NO..Mr A will sent just accountants letter.
:shock: We are talking about self-employed, a sole-trader, a person who can get married to a EEA, get divorced, submit EEA2 application... You are talking about an owner of a business, a company. Yes, company cannot submit invoices to the HO, but neither it can get married to the EEA and cannot submit EEA2 application. As for the company owner, he can become a director of the company and thus he is a company employer, not self-employed. As an employer he does not need a letter from accountant at all. He has to submit his P60 payslips. It is possible, I guess, for the company owner to hold shares of his own company and live on dividends. In this case he is self-sufficient, not self-employed. And this is totally different story. Yes, he might try and become a self-employed working for his own company, also I really, really doubt HMRC would like that. As a self-employed, he can issue to his own company invoices and receive payments as self employed to HIS OWN personal or business account, and have bank statements as self-employed. And that is what he will have to submit. What is absolutely not possible is what you are suggesting, Imshzd. It is not possible for a company owner to use a company accountant letter about company turn over for a EEA2 self-employed application.

If by "owner of XYZ business with the turn over £ 100000 per month" you mean a self-employed, then, he will have to submit the same documents any other self-employed does. Bank statements, invoices etc. There are no special provisions in the Directive 2004 or UK Regulations for self-employed earning unrealistic income. Although, I understand a problem here. What kind of "services" can give you £ 100000 per month? Let me see... drug dealing, human trafficking? Of course, they do not have invoices, indeed... :D

No offence Imshzd, I admit you are entitled to you opinion as anyone else on this forum. But assuring people they are gonna be OK if they follow your advice... I do not think it is the right thing to do. Especially if you do not seem to understand basics.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Read this HMRC link for the accountancy providers

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/mlr/mlr9d.pdf

I don't have much time to reply your all post but as you said in your post that you are reading this forum for a while,and the stories of self employed applications and so on..

So I can only say to you that this forum and the self employed stories in this forum are may be 1% or less then the stories of those applicants who never use this forum.

Yearly more then 24000 applications(less or more) are going into HO under EU regulations,how many stories you read in this forum??Hmmmmm

And on this forum,how many stories are true??

This forum is not end of the EU regulations, and even not a start of EU regulations.Although this forum is really helpful on the BASIC level but not on the expert level.

Expert level is not free.

One more thing.where did you read that it is not possible for the company owner to use companies accountant for the EEA2 application??????

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Imshzd wrote:Read this HMRC link for the accountancy providers

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/mlr/mlr9d.pdf

I don't have much time to reply your all post but as you said in your post that you are reading this forum for a while,and the stories of self employed applications and so on..

So I can only say to you that this forum and the self employed stories in this forum are may be 1% or less then the stories of those applicants who never use this forum.

Yearly more then 24000 applications(less or more) are going into HO under EU regulations,how many stories you read in this forum??Hmmmmm

And on this forum,how many stories are true??

This forum is not end of the EU regulations, and even not a start of EU regulations.Although this forum is really helpful on the BASIC level but not on the expert level.

Expert level is not free.

One more thing.where did you read that it is not possible for the company owner to use companies accountant for the EEA2 application??????

I am not really sure who are or what you stand for? There is no reason picking a fight with any members. What others are saying is accountant letter is not very important. For self-employed the HO want to these documents below:

(1) Proof of NI contribution

(2) Invoice/Receipts

(3) Accountant letter

(4) Bank statements

Out of these documents, accountant letter is the least important. I and many members here have made successful EEA application without accountant letter at first attempt. But without the 1,2 & 4 your application is likely to be rejected at first attempt. Then one will be thinking about appeal, reconsideration and fresh application. The HO will like to see those documents, it doesn't matter to them whether the most trustworthy accountant in the country has seen them.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Imshzd wrote: One more thing.where did you read that it is not possible for the company owner to use companies accountant for the EEA2 application??????
Read one more time:

company accountant letter about company turn over

If it is still difficult to read, let me know and I will paraphrase.