ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English requirement for Tier1 General settlement visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1&IT
Newly Registered

New English requirement for Tier1 General settlement visa

Post by T1&IT » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier1 General leave to remain visa.At entry clearance time i provided IELTS test.
Now i have to apply for Settlement visa.But my IELTS is now expire.It was valid for only two years.
My question is do i need to give IELTS again for settlement application OR I can use my expire IELTS.On Tier 1 General extension form there was option to select that "I already satisfied my English requirement at my time of entry clearance".But in settlement visa form there is not such option available.
Settlement's form option are.

Have you and/or your partner obtained the
following to show that you have met the
Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
requirement
Life in the UK test

pass

And one of the
following language
qualifications:

English language
speaking and
listening
qualification or

A degree taught
or researched in
English,
or

are you a national
of a majority
English-speaking
country?

Kol-uk says

If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be required to take another one.
For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in order to qualify settlement.

But this option is not available in form.So please guide me?Can i use my expire IELTS test that i use at time of entry clearance?

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Re: New English requirement for Tier1 General settlement vis

Post by T1&IT » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Gurus,
Any suggestion?

Mind_The_Gap

Re: New English requirement for Tier1 General settlement vis

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 pm

T1&IT wrote:Hi,
I am on Tier1 General leave to remain visa.At entry clearance time i provided IELTS test.
Now i have to apply for Settlement visa.But my IELTS is now expire.It was valid for only two years.
My question is do i need to give IELTS again for settlement application OR I can use my expire IELTS.On Tier 1 General extension form there was option to select that "I already satisfied my English requirement at my time of entry clearance".But in settlement visa form there is not such option available.
Settlement's form option are.

Have you and/or your partner obtained the
following to show that you have met the
Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
requirement
Life in the UK test

pass

And one of the
following language
qualifications:

English language
speaking and
listening
qualification or

A degree taught
or researched in
English,
or

are you a national
of a majority
English-speaking
country?

Kol-uk says

If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be required to take another one.
For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in order to qualify settlement.

But this option is not available in form.So please guide me?Can i use my expire IELTS test that i use at time of entry clearance?
This post may be useful....