ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About passport form question - GP and section 4 please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britApp2013
Newly Registered

About passport form question - GP and section 4 please help

Post by britApp2013 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Dear Seniors,

I am going to apply for my first british passport and I obtained it using HSMP + Tier1 + ILR + naturalisation route.

I am going to submit my form tomorrow. But I would like to ask few questions

First Question is:-

1. MY GP can sign my application right?

2. About section 4:- My parents are from USA.
Parents' Details :

a. There are two check boxes: saying if both parents named below were born after 31st dec 1982 or were born abroad.
My parents are born abroad but they born in 1956 and 1959. Do i still need to tick both boxes? Please if anybody can confirm?

b. Mother name, Town and Country of birth and DOB are fine.

c. What do I need to write in the nationality and citizenship at the time of applicatant's birth. They are from US. So I just need to write US or leave it as blank?

d. They do not have brit passport. so leave this blank. Please confirm?

e. I do not remember their Date of Marriage? If i leave it as blank even they do not remember it exactly? If it is ok?

Sorry, I am just a little bit confused. if you can guide me.

Many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm

1. GP is fine as long as he knows you personally i.e. not just as a patient

2. a. Leave those boxes.
C. Just put their nationality.
D. Leave blank.
E. put unknown.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks Jumbo

1. Now about the GP is confusing me, They do not know me personally, but I have been with GP for more than 3 years. I am just worried now, is this ok?

2. Can a friend act as referee but if he does not work as proffessional. and I do not k now him professionally but as a friend?

3. I do not have to tick any of the boxes under Parents details that mean. But my parents are borned abroad? I think I may need to tick it both?

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 pm

britApp2013 wrote:1. Now about the GP is confusing me, They do not know me personally, but I have been with GP for more than 3 years. I am just worried now, is this ok?
The Passport Office has rejected in several cases reported here, GP acting as a reference based only on patient/doctor relationship.
2. Can a friend act as referee but if he does not work as proffessional. and I do not k now him professionally but as a friend?
Yes. If for example he is an accountant but doesn't practice as one or a teacher not working at the moment, he can act as referee. He can state he knows you as a friend.
3. I do not have to tick any of the boxes under Parents details that mean. But my parents are borned abroad? I think I may need to tick it both?
I don't have the form in front of me. I recall there are some boxes there you don't need to tick but maybe those are not the one.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 am

Thanks jumbo very much.

1. So, that mean I cannot sign it by my GP as he only knows me as a patient. I did my naturalisation application through the same GP and it went through but I remember in the relationship column the gp has written they only know me as patient? Please confirm

2. This also means that I can not use dentist or my optician than? Because they also only know me as a patient?

3. The last question is any of my friend who is accountant working or not working can sign it?

4. Reason why I am confused about the friend thing as I have read the form, on the form it does mention friend in the relationship but on the guidance note, it does not mention any "friend". Have you noticed that.

Please many thanks in advance

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am

anyone please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 pm

britApp2013 wrote:Thanks jumbo very much.

1. So, that mean I cannot sign it by my GP as he only knows me as a patient. I did my naturalisation application through the same GP and it went through but I remember in the relationship column the gp has written they only know me as patient? Please confirm

2. This also means that I can not use dentist or my optician than? Because they also only know me as a patient?

3. The last question is any of my friend who is accountant working or not working can sign it?

4. Reason why I am confused about the friend thing as I have read the form, on the form it does mention friend in the relationship but on the guidance note, it does not mention any "friend". Have you noticed that.

Please many thanks in advance
Unlike the HO which accepts GP based on professional relationship only, the Passport Office seems not. This is from several cases reported here.

If the accountant friend holds British/Irish passort, that's fine. He can just write he knows you as a friend. That's fine.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

that explains, so the person has to know me personally and he must be a professional.

So I have a friend, who works for insurance company, but he is an actuary officer,23 years old but british, Will he be ok to write his desgination as Actuary officer and ok to act as a referee? Please confirm. Sorry for the questions as I did not find this designation in the list, that is why asking. Please if you can confirm

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:04 pm

sorry, but please if anyone can confirm? Actuary officer is fine for referee?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm

britApp2013 wrote:Sorry I am typing it here again.

I have a friend, who works for insurance company, but he is an actuary officer,23 years old but british, Will he be ok to write his desgination as Actuary officer and ok to act as a referee? Please confirm. Sorry for the questions as I did not find this designation in the list, that is why asking. Please if you can confirm
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm

yes, sorry, I typed again just to get the response quickly as I have to make an arrangement to go to my friends house. Please if anybody can reply...??

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Anyone please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:18 pm

If he is a member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries then that should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanks Amber so much