ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aneel_07

English Language Requirement for naturalisation

Post by aneel_07 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Hello ALL

I have initially applied for HSMP in 2007 with a bachelors degree taught in english medium certificate, I didnot go through Naric for any approvals.

Now when I submit for my naturalisation is that certificate sufficient? Do I need to go through NARIC seperately now(I have not applied this yet)?

I have an appointment on Tuesday with NCS, Can you please advice me?

English Language Requirement from Naturalisation Application Guide

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test
Supervisor; and either

• Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at
B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

• Certificate showing that you have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in
the United Kingdom and (i) an English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC
confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in English or (ii) the
qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking
country (other than Canada); OR

Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English speaking country
• (For applicants outside the United Kingdom) evidence as directed by the office of
the Lieutenant-Governor, the office of the Governor, the British Embassy, the British
High Commission or the British Consulate.

• Your confirmation that you met this requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in
order to obtain settlement.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi, Me and My wife both are on ILR , she was on spouse of Tier1 Applicant visa before ILR , I can understand that if I produce the PBS calculator points and a letter from University should be enough for me as UKBA has been awarding me 35 points for my degree from the very first day. My question is as My wife got same degree , same course , same university and same year (we both were class fellows), Are these documents (I will get her letter from uni as well ) work for her naturalization as well or she have to do those stupid English courses.