ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am

Keisha wrote:Morning All...

@Elastep...I pray that God makes a way and grant us permission for our cases to be heard.This is a very gruelling process and I'm a bit nervous about it.Let's believe that it is well with us!Sorry for my "pigeon brain",what's the situation with you're case?

@D'lee...lol...I watched skelewu moves,gosh girls can really move their waists.Gonna start practising!

@Verbs...You're up early today,what's happening this morning??
Yeah I know babe! No rest for the wicked!!
Hmmmm Ive not seen any girls doing skelewu on youtube... Not that Im that way inclined, but watching pretty ladies do their waist thing is a lot more visually alluring then them guys... Gonna go back and look again! 8)

@nilemarques OMFG!! Flavia Cacace at your hotel! So jel!! She is totally LUSH!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 am

@Verbs...Go have a look hey and also start practising for when we receive our stay,we go do it on David Cameron's desk.The MPs' will do it on Sugar mama's desk...lol!When I went your time-line thought you've done biometrics already,gosh the amoebas are really having a go @ you just like they did with us!We gonna come out victorius hey.

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 am

hi all,

can i ask for my passport back for identity purposes while my appeal is pending

Thanks

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:38 am

@God'sgrace....its not adviseable to ask it back as they might withdraw your appeal.You'll have to stay put until you're appeal gets approval.That's my take.I didn't even include my passport when I applied,as didn't want to give the enemy Horror Office an upper-hand!

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Keisha,

thank you for your reply, my solicitor told me that the tribunal appeal and home office application are separate and i just wanted to clarify, i will be getting married to my mrs before the appeal date 9th of May and the registry have asked for id in form of a passport, when i spoke to the home office, they said that the leave is continual while the appeal is pending, after the application has been refused,

was just confused as i don't know which is which, does that mean application has ended and appeal has now started

Thank you

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm

GodsGrace12 wrote:Hi Keisha,

thank you for your reply, my solicitor told me that the tribunal appeal and home office application are separate and i just wanted to clarify, i will be getting married to my mrs before the appeal date 9th of May and the registry have asked for id in form of a passport, when i spoke to the home office, they said that the leave is continual while the appeal is pending, after the application has been refused,

was just confused as i don't know which is which, does that mean application has ended and appeal has now started

Thank you

Hello Godsgrace. As Keisha has noted very correctly, it is in your interest to leave the passport with them cos withdrawing your passport would mean withdrawal of your appeal. On the other hand, the home office is right to say that your stay is valid until the outcome of your appeal. Since your status was legal before application and refused with right of appeal then you remain legal pending the outcome of your appeal. In my opinion don't rush to get your passport yet.

@Keisha and Verbina dancing David C's desk pls go easy on him else he might forget his whole family this time. Thinking about it was that why they forgot their daughter in pub or club hmmm! Lol

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:15 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
GodsGrace12 wrote:Hi Keisha,

Thank you

Hello Godsgrace. As Keisha has noted very correctly, it is in your interest to leave the passport with them cos withdrawing your passport would mean withdrawal of your appeal. On the other hand, the home office is right to say that your stay is valid until the outcome of your appeal. Since your status was legal before application and refused with right of appeal then you remain legal pending the outcome of your appeal. In my opinion don't rush to get your passport yet.

@Keisha and Verbina dancing David C's desk pls go easy on him else he might forget his whole family this time. Thinking about it was that why they forgot their daughter in pub or club hmmm! Lol
Hi Dapson lee,

Thank you for your reply, i have just got the situation clarified, already my passport is with the local ICE pending appeal result and that doesn't affect my visa status, they are likely not to give me my passport back but they will issue me a certified copy of my passport to use for id purposes till the appeal result is made

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 pm

@D'lee....lol ooh dear.How's your weekend so far?Do you've Sugar mama's contact details?

@Godgrace...All the best with your appeal and congratulations on your wedding.May God bless your marriage!

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Keisha wrote:@D'lee....lol ooh dear.How's your weekend so far?Do you've Sugar mama's contact details?

@Godgrace...All the best with your appeal and congratulations on your wedding.May God bless your marriage!
Amen...thanks Keisha, God Bless :-)

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:18 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="Keisha"]Morning All...

@Elastep...I pray that God makes a way and grant us permission for our cases to be heard.This is a very gruelling process and I'm a bit nervous about it.Let's believe that it is well with us!Sorry for my "pigeon brain",what's the situation with you're case?

@D'lee...lol...I watched skelewu moves,gosh girls can really move their waists.Gonna start practising!

@Verbs...You're up early today,what's happening this morning??[/quote]

Yeah I know babe! No rest for the wicked!!
Hmmmm Ive not seen any girls doing skelewu on youtube... Not that Im that way inclined, but watching pretty ladies do their waist thing is a lot more visually alluring then them guys... Gonna go back and look again! 8)

@nilemarques OMFG!! Flavia Cacace at your hotel! So jel!! She is totally LUSH!!!![/quote]

Yeah that's right Verbina, Flavia Cacace!! Was drooling all over the place!! Lol!! Slightly shorter than I had imagined though but quite a pleasant person!

naba

Re: PAP?

Post by naba » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:44 pm

verbina wrote:
naba wrote:Hello beautiful people, hope you are keeping well. Can anyone tell me about the PAP/JR please? I understand PAP leads the JR and the JR should be applied within 90 days. The PAP allows HO 14 days to reply and after 14 days the JR stars. When should I apply for the PAP? would it be within the 90 days or within 76 days (90-14 = 76 days)?...totally confused!
thank you for the help. God bless you all.
Urrrrm you can send a PAP letter as soon as you like. But you must allow HO at least 14 days to respond to it. You can give them up to 90 days to respond if you like, then if HO didnt respond to your PAP letter, or their response was not what you wanted to hear, then you can go for JR. But you must submit a JR app within 90 days max of your refusal.
Hope this makes sense :?
@verbina, thanks you hun. yeah now it's clearer. God bless!

naba

Re: PAP?

Post by naba » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
naba wrote:Hello beautiful people, hope you are keeping well. Can anyone tell me about the PAP/JR please? I understand PAP leads the JR and the JR should be applied within 90 days. The PAP allows HO 14 days to reply and after 14 days the JR stars. When should I apply for the PAP? would it be within the 90 days or within 76 days (90-14 = 76 days)?...totally confused!
thank you for the help. God bless you all.

Right Naba hope you holding up tight? PAP can be applied for 90 days after refusal but the HO has to reply you withing 14 days but as you know home office has spent so much time in Africa that they deal in African time (meaning the never follow the timescale set by them) but to understand the proceedings a lot clearer, I have attached a link below to help guide you with timelines to prepare both PAP and as well as JR I really hope it helps!!!

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/abo ... cedure.pdf
Dear dapsonlee, thank you very much for the link- this is handy. God bless you.

naba

PAP/JR

Post by naba » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Dear verbina, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, Kaisha, Summer.. and other friends, hope you are keeping well.
As I shared my solicitor applied for the appeal permission but not sure when will get the result. Therefore, I am planning to put PAP to be safe side as it needs to be done within the certain time. Can I do it side by side, sending the PAP letter now?
If so, I will try to PAP by myself because of my budget constraint and then go to the solicitor for the JR. Can anyone tell me the total cost for the JR please? I got the PAP template from a forum friend here, sorry can't remember the name (@elastep, was it you?). Please give me your tips and advice for doing the PAP. Thank you all so much for the support. Stay blessed.

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: PAP/JR

Post by verbina » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:59 pm

naba wrote:Dear verbina, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, Kaisha, Summer.. and other friends, hope you are keeping well.
As I shared my solicitor applied for the appeal permission but not sure when will get the result. Therefore, I am planning to put PAP to be safe side as it needs to be done within the certain time. Can I do it side by side, sending the PAP letter now?
If so, I will try to PAP by myself because of my budget constraint and then go to the solicitor for the JR. Can anyone tell me the total cost for the JR please? I got the PAP template from a forum friend here, sorry can't remember the name (@elastep, was it you?). Please give me your tips and advice for doing the PAP. Thank you all so much for the support. Stay blessed.
Babe each PAP letter is pretty individual in terms of including caselaw etc relevant to your specific case and carefully worded. @nilemarques composed his own PAP letter I believe along with his own caselaw examples, hopefully he ll comment on this...
The cost of JR depends on which solicitor / barrister you use around £2.000-7.000 average :(

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:10 am

verbina wrote:@elastep Its good to hear you are halfway there now! We pray you get granted a permission for JR and a court date in not too distant future!
@verbina
Thank you for the kind words and I pray that you get your visa before christmas arrives. :D
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:38 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@elastep how you manage to do JR? you saing your application is refused in 22nd may 2013, you applying PAP on 18th sept 2013 and doing now 3rd october 2013 JR. People saying you only allow JR within the 3 months of refusal but your own is already 4-5 months. I don't understand can we go for JR any time. Please explain to me, thanks.
@Shondra Sahrma
I was worried and scared that I might not be able to do anythig about my refused application when I first realised that my 3 months timeline had passed but when I spoke to my solicitor, he told me to remain calm that he will apply to the courts for me to be given extention or simply apply for JR and explain why I'm making a out of time application.
He explained to me that my application for JR will be accepted or that I will be granted a extention only on exceptional circumstance.
I was finally granted because of lack of funds that would have enabled me to pursue my case within 3 months of refusal.

hope this helps answer your question.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 am

Keisha wrote:Morning All...

@Verbs...You're up early today,what's happening this morning??
@Keisha
Amen to that prayer and thank you for asking about my case. Stay blessed. :)
Now the waiting game begains for any news from the courts about my JR application. I'm very impatience the wait is making me crazy :wink: . I keep checking my calendar every now and then just to make sure that I have marked X on the date that makes my application 8 weeks :roll: .
I pray that I'm successful then I hope that will make the HO look through my application properly and come to a favorable decision before it gets to courts cus that will take like almost a year.
Outcome:

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am

Morning my Sisters and Brothers,

Hope all is well with you and still soldiering on.This morning I would like to thank Almighty God for His presence in our lives.For His the Most High God and there's none above Him.He's our Tower of strength and our Shield.He's a God of possibilities and I put all my trust in Him.We maybe facing this challenges from HO and Courts,but He will see us through all this.He's a Conquerer and Warrior and He shall defeat every end of man-made law that's against our applications.He's the only One who knows about tomorrow.I strongly believe in my Heavenly Father and thankful for His mercy and grace upon our lives.Father,O God please answer for us and grant us visas in Jesus name.I bless Your Holy name and thank you for protecting each and every blogger in this forum,not forgetting granting them visas.Thank You my Heavenly Father!!!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 am

Keisha wrote:Morning my Sisters and Brothers,

Hope all is well with you and still soldiering on.This morning I would like to thank Almighty God for His presence in our lives.For His the Most High God and there's none above Him.He's our Tower of strength and our Shield.He's a God of possibilities and I put all my trust in Him.We maybe facing this challenges from HO and Courts,but He will see us through all this.He's a Conquerer and Warrior and He shall defeat every end of man-made law that's against our applications.He's the only One who knows about tomorrow.I strongly believe in my Heavenly Father and thankful for His mercy and grace upon our lives.Father,O God please answer for us and grant us visas in Jesus name.I bless Your Holy name and thank you for protecting each and every blogger in this forum,not forgetting granting them visas.Thank You my Heavenly Father!!!
I say a resounding A-M-E-N!!!

It is our turn to shine, remain blessed.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 am

Amen to your words sis!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 am

Amen o!!!

The contact details you requested Keisha for mrs may is mayt@parliament.uk. It's what is have seen people use.

GoodMorning guys!!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am

Good morning Forum, hope this week brings more good news, good luck everyone. Need some advise from you guys: My application refused on 23rd august and solicitor got it on 30th august 2013 (i) does it count 3 months of refusal for JR from 23rd august or 30th august? (ii) My solicitor saying just wait for your child british citizenship application accepted ( applied on 18th october 2013, still waiting money taken from my account and acknowledgement letter), then we push your case. I don't know 23rd or 30th november my 3 months is over for JR. (iii) solicitor saying you don't need to go for JR, anyway they put a revoval notice but when I don't know, waiting for a removal notice, my 3 months is over and I couldn't able to go for JR. Is not sure my child british citizenship is accepted before 22nd of november. Just send reconsideration letter on 4th of sept 2013, no answer from HO. Please advise me what to do next?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 am

Amen to that

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:43 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum, hope this week brings more good news, good luck everyone. Need some advise from you guys: My application refused on 23rd august and solicitor got it on 30th august 2013 (i) does it count 3 months of refusal for JR from 23rd august or 30th august? (ii) My solicitor saying just wait for your child british citizenship application accepted ( applied on 18th october 2013, still waiting money taken from my account and acknowledgement letter), then we push your case. I don't know 23rd or 30th november my 3 months is over for JR. (iii) solicitor saying you don't need to go for JR, anyway they put a revoval notice but when I don't know, waiting for a removal notice, my 3 months is over and I couldn't able to go for JR. Is not sure my child british citizenship is accepted before 22nd of november. Just send reconsideration letter on 4th of sept 2013, no answer from HO. Please advise me what to do next?
To be honest I think the best thing to do is to wait until your child's British citizenship application is granted.
Nowdays new applications are considered fairly quickly. Just be patient for now...
Once your child is granted you submit a fresh application based on that.
Forget about JR your best and cheapest and easiest option is to wait for your child to get British passport hun, honestly! Besides JR is by no means a guarantee of anything, as we all know :( , its a lengthy/expensive process which also carries risks of having to pay the costs for both parties should anything go wrong,.... So it really is the last resort. If your child s application is unsuccessful for whatever bizarre reason, you can then go for JR hun, but Im certain it will be successful and it wont be too long!! And dont worry about not getting removal notice either, cause you dont need it as you wont be appealing anything you will be submitting a fresh app!! 8)

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

@wonderful verbina for your kind suggestion, my solicitor saying the same. I think he is right otherwise some solicitors run for a money and saying go for JR now. He is saying no. As you say JR expensive and it takes time, even not sure what will happend after JR? My only worry is if every door is closed (my child british citizenship took long and my JR time 3 months from the refusal is over).