ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General: Isle of Man

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london_prem

Tier1 General: Isle of Man

Post by london_prem » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Can a Tier 1 General holder work in Isle of Man? Will there be any problem at the time of applying for ILR if work in Isle of Man?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Should be okay under 245CD(k).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Tier1 General: Isle of Man

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 am

london_prem wrote:Can a Tier 1 General holder work in Isle of Man? Will there be any problem at the time of applying for ILR if work in Isle of Man?
NO. Tier 1 General holder CANNOT legally work in Isle of man. To work in Isle of Man, a work permit is required from IOM authorities.

IOM residence is counted towards UK ILR and Nationality, but this does not mean that someone having a UK tier 1 G visa is exempt from IOM work permit requirements.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:46 am

Ayyubi72 please do not shout.

I believe a Control of Employment Work Permit would be required as per the 1975 Act. However, as Vinny states, the time spent in Isle of Man with permitted work should be able to be added.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:34 am

Who has shouted? Why do you have to get in every matter and give your useless comments? Why you have to just rewrite what has already been mentioned by others?

There were two parts of the query

1. Can a Tier 1 General holder work in Isle of Man?

2. Will there be any problem at the time of applying for ILR if work in Isle of Man?

The reply given was Should be okay under 245CD(k).

I have given a complete and correct answer. It will be illegal to work in IOM with T1G.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:19 pm

When you type in uppercase that is shouting. Your attitude is approaching an intolerable level. Because myself and other moderators are often correcting you, there is no need for rudeness.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I do not know if OP has or hasn't a work permit for IOM, Ireland, France, Canada or Timbuktu.

Why do I or anyone need to know what workpermit OP does or does not have?

OP could be asking a question on someone else's behalf, or just a hypothetical question. But who cares? Why is there a need to investigate?

Two questions have been asked.

1. Can a Tier 1 General holder work in Isle of Man?

2. Will there be any problem at the time of applying for ILR if work in Isle of Man?

I think I have answered correctly.

The problem is, you just can't help yourselves getting into every matter, and have the utmost desire to have last word on every matter.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

On this occasion, it's not the information you're posting, but rather your attitude towards others is often abrasive and sometimes disrespectful. There is no need to start shouting and getting excited, you need to calm down and stop getting all worked up. So what if I or someone else posts after you, it's not causing you or anyone else any harm. Particularly if the information is corrected and/or clarified.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:10 pm

I would say capitalising one or two words could be construed as emphasis and not per se shouting but chacun a son gout.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Perhaps, although an emphasis can easily be made using bold, italics , underline or different colours rather than shouting.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Wanderer wrote:I would say capitalising one or two words could be construed as emphasis and not per se shouting but chacun a son gout.....
Yes, it was just emphasis.

I have just noticed that someone has quickly amended their post after I had replied. What a (twisted) way eh? Anything goes to win an argument.

I think some people need to get a life beyond this forum. :wink:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I think you will find I edited my post before you replied hence no Edit note.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:27 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:NO. Tier 1 General holder CANNOT legally work in Isle of man. To work in Isle of Man, a work permit is required from IOM authorities.

I have valid leave to remain in the British Isles – can I visit the Isle of Man? appears to agree with Ayyubi72.

However, I'm not so certain that UK Tier 1 (General) holders cannot legally work in the Isle of Man, because:
Immigration Rules[/url] - [url=http://www.gov.im/media/751744/immigration_rules_procedure_guidelines.pdf]Procedure Guidelines wrote:Tier 1

The requirements are identical to those in the United Kingdom and persons who have been granted leave to enter or remain under Tier 1 in the UK would now be eligible to come to the Isle of Man.
Do check and get a written response.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 am

Indeed Vinny, I was thinking that T1 was one of the few types of leave with a reciprocal agreement. However, the 1975 Act seems to suggest not. Contacting the Work Permit Section at the Department of Economic Development IOM should confirm things.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 am

Ah, yes.
Non European Economic Area Workers wrote:While there is no requirement for any Tier 1 applicant to have a prior job offer, a person accepted under Tier 1 will require a Control of Employment Act work permit before he or she can take up employment in the Island.

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Ayyubi72. I totally agree that you were not shouting. Thanks again. I think moderator needs to be respectful to forum members.

john4200
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Re: Tier1 General: Isle of Man

Post by john4200 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

You can contact some services which can help, something like this: LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

MODERATOR EDIT: Please do not recommend commercial services on these forums. It is not allowed by the Terms and Conditions for use of these forums.

Also, the thread you have resurrected is almost five years old and likely out of date.