ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success: PEO Cardiff (2yrs Work perm + 3yrs Tier-2 ICT)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shotgun
Newly Registered

ILR Success: PEO Cardiff (2yrs Work perm + 3yrs Tier-2 ICT)

Post by Shotgun » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience of applying for settlement at PEO Cardiff.

My case was pretty straightforward, worked under intra-company transfer for the same company for 5 years under the following leaves:

2 years Work Permit
3 years Tier-2 ICT

Docs submitted:
Completed Set O
3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
Previous work permits & Tier-2 ICT extension
Letters from employer detailing absences and paid annual leaves, SOC code, salary, etc
Life in the UK test - Pass notification
English test certificate (as per new requirement from today - 28th Oct)
Current & Previous Passports
Bio-metric ID card

- Photocopies of all documents mentioned above (except for the Set O form).

I did not submit any P60 ..

The PEO was pretty small. They didnt allow the use of mobile phones inside the building (security staffs asked the phones to be completely switched off - and many posters outside the entrance and inside the building warning u not to use any mobile devices, ipads, laptops, etc). Due to this it is expected that you spend the waiting time outside of the building, where u can use your phone as they will need to call you once the decision has been made.

My appointment was at 11:30AM , after submitting the documents and they took the fingerprint scans, I went out to have lunch at Wetherspoons nearby. Waited there until 2:45PM and still no calls. Then I walked and waited outside the PEO until 4:15 when I finally got the call (just 15 mins left before the PEO shuts). They must've been very busy considering that it took that long to process the application (not surprising as there were quite some queue when I arrived).

Had to go through security again and when I was called, I was informed that my application has been granted and all my original documents returned except the biometric ID.

Bear in mind that Cardiff PEO does not let you in any earlier than 30 mins before your appointment time slot.

All in all, a so-and-so experience due to the waiting time, but the staffs who took my fingerprint scans were particularly polite and friendly.

adetinrin40
Newly Registered

Post by adetinrin40 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:07 pm

What English language test did you use?

Shotgun
Newly Registered

Post by Shotgun » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 pm

I used the "Test in English for International Students (TEIS)" certificate which I previously used when I applied for the Tier 2 ICT extension in 2010.

http://www.teis.org.uk/material/institutes.pdf

One of the cheaper and easier ones to pass. You don't actually need to be an international student to take the exam. Took the exam at Greenwich university.

Shotgun
Newly Registered

Post by Shotgun » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I also received my new Biometric ID in the post just two days after the PEO appointment.

My advice is anyone who wants to apply for ILR to do it through premium service at the PEO rather than thru post. Saves a lot of time and its just convenient that way.

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Post by T1&IT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Shotgun wrote:I used the "Test in English for International Students (TEIS)" certificate which I previously used when I applied for the Tier 2 ICT extension in 2010.

http://www.teis.org.uk/material/institutes.pdf

One of the cheaper and easier ones to pass. You don't actually need to be an international student to take the exam. Took the exam at Greenwich university.
Is the Certificate was still valid OR had expired?

Shotgun
Newly Registered

Post by Shotgun » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:22 pm

The certificate did not have an expiry date, although there is an advice at the bottom of the certificate that suggests the candidate's ability be re-assessed after two years.

In which case my English test certificate has passed the two year period and they didn;t have any problem with that. I read somewhere that even if an English test certificate has expired, it can still be used to apply for ILR.