ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karwan1

Language requirement

Post by karwan1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:52 am

Dear All,

My wife had her ILR approved recently under the old rules (prior to July 2012). She had passed life in the UK test for this settlement to be approved. However, checking the home office's website regarding the new language requirements for citizenship which we are planing to apply for her next year , I am bit confused, does my wife need to take extra english language exams even if she already passed the life in the UK test, if yes, what sort of exam would this be, would not she came under old rules for citizenship as well as it was for ILR? thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:16 am

Additionally, she also needs to satisfy the B1 requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi, Me and My wife both are on ILR , she was on spouse of Tier1 Applicant visa before ILR , I can understand that if I produce the PBS calculator points and a letter from University should be enough for me as UKBA has been awarding me 35 points for my degree from the very first day. My question is as My wife got same degree , same course , same university and same year (we both were class fellows), Are these documents (I will get her letter from uni as well ) work for her naturalization as well or she have to do those stupid English courses.