ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligiblity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sganez
Newly Registered

ILR Eligiblity

Post by sganez » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Hello Friends,

I'm currently on Tier1 General visa and it expires on 14-Jan-2014. I'm confused whether to apply for ILR or another extension. My visa details given below

Visa Started Date or Stamped date: 14 JAN 2009
Entered into UK for the first time: 16 March 2009

Now as explained in the below answer [from : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378]; I will not be eligible to apply for ILR before March-2014.

Kindly help me please.

Q3 - When does my ILR qualifying period start?
There are two scenarios. One is that ILR qualifying visa (e.g. Work Permit, Tier 1, HSMP, etc) was obtained by switching into that category from another visa whilst still in UK. Second is that ILR qualifying visa was obtained out of country. For first case ILR clock starts from the day the passport was stamped with that leave to remain. For second case ILR clock starts from the day when applicant first entered UK on that qualifying visa, subject to the 90 days entry concession. E.g. If someone got Tier 1 visa from out of UK on 1st February 2006 and entered the UK for first time on 20th June 2006, then ILR clock starts from 20th June 2006.

Thank you so much.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.