ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please shed some light on this matter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mocha
Newly Registered

please shed some light on this matter

Post by mocha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi

Could you please shed some light on this matter!!

I am a non-EU resident and last year i obtained the EEA family visa for next 5 years as my wife is from the EU. In June this year, i was eligible to apply for 10 year long resident, which i did in June and last week I got my indefinite leave to remain.

Here is the problem, i was able to travel freely with my wife to any other EU countries under my EEA family visa. however, as i just got my passport and biometric residence permit card for my indefinite leave to remain back. UKBA have cancelled my EEA family visa (there was a red stamp over my EEA family visa saying "LEAVE SUPERSEDED BY BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT".)

My question is that if i want to go to any EU countries, do i need to apply for visa?

thanks for your help in advance.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:27 pm

apply for Schengen visa and you can go to the following countries for 90 days in 6 months period

Austria
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.