ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:33 am

Sameena akhtar wrote:
numan4040 wrote:
AlishaMisha wrote:
numan4040 wrote:I have just found this forum and decided to get some advice here. My wife submitted her application on 20th May 2013, over 24 weeks and it's been saying the same thing 'under process' for this duration. I wrote to the BHC via email and reply stated that checks are being carried out.

Very frustrated, not sure what I can do next. Any suggestions please.
All u can do is wait because they still investigating your application
Thank you for your reply.

Isn't this a violation of what the HC in Islamabad claim and looking on their website they claim that 100% of the visas are issued within 120 days. This is clearly not the case.

Do you think it might affect my case if I wrote a letter to the home secretary in the UK and asked my local MP to raise a question in the parliament? This is clearly a case of mismanagement because of which couples are being kept apart due to no fault of there own.
I think you should start a petition, most people on this forum would be glad to sign it!
That is a good idea. In fact I am going to write to a few people including my mp, the home secretary, the foreign secretary and a few others. I can't believe that people are doing wazifa's here for their visas, this should be a straight forward process without having to worry about mercy from BHC ECO. It is our right as British Citizens to live a happy marital life and be with our partners.

All those who want to support a petition please send me a private message and I will draft the letters.

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 am

naumanmumtaz wrote:
numan4040 wrote:
AlishaMisha wrote:
numan4040 wrote:I have just found this forum and decided to get some advice here. My wife submitted her application on 20th May 2013, over 24 weeks and it's been saying the same thing 'under process' for this duration. I wrote to the BHC via email and reply stated that checks are being carried out.

Isn't this a violation of what the HC in Islamabad claim and looking on their website they claim that 100% of the visas are issued within 120 days. This is clearly not the case.

Do you think it might affect my case if I wrote a letter to the home secretary in the UK and asked my local MP to raise a question in the parliament? This is clearly a case of mismanagement because of which couples are being kept apart due to no fault of there own.
Aoa
That's what I did apart from writing to Ms May. I wrote a harsh complaint mentioning same thing about their standard and 120 days policy etc etc.
I write same thing to my MP and got standard reply.
Having said, your 24 weeks aren't up yet. It will early next week because you need to count bank holidays in UK and Eid and other holidays in pakistan.
Hope that helps. Remember rest of us in duaa.
Wa Alykum Asallam Wa Rahmat Allah
Thanks. I will hold sending anything till end of next week.

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:42 am

Javeria wrote:

You must have to involve your MP because I was in the same situation,i even didn't know about the status of my application but when my MP wrote a letter to Home office then they told him that my application is on hold because ECO was not satisfied with our income now atleast I know the status of my application and have done the further procedure, i have already sent my supporting documents through E-mail, Fax and Courier that can proof that I meet the minimum income threshold requirement.
Thanks Javeria. That's exactly what the point is, they can't even be bothered to keep people informed. We shouldn't have to go to this time and effort just to know the status of our applications. Teresa May is a disaster as home secretary.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:53 am

Forlorn wrote:Samena u wrote a complaint.r u recieve any reply?
Nope, haven't received anything from them!

Javeria

Post by Javeria » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 am

Sameena akhtar wrote:
Forlorn wrote:Samena u wrote a complaint.r u recieve any reply?
Nope, haven't received anything from them!
They aim to reply within 20 working days as they claim to process 100% applications in 120 working days.

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:58 am

Can anyone tell what time do they call or txt for rfc ?

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 am

RZ Girl wrote:Can anyone tell what time do they call or txt for rfc ?
Death,customer, and RFC come at any time.lol :lol:
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am

Forlorn wrote:
Lol really is that so :-)

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 am

RZ Girl wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
I check emails and online status nearly 100 times a day for rfc :-(

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am

RZ Girl wrote:
RZ Girl wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
I think all people do this.when u applied and from where?
Applied at 04/12/12
RE-Applied at 19/07/13

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:19 am

Forlorn wrote:
RZ Girl wrote:
RZ Girl wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
Its a long story ... I applied from lahore on 4-07-13 n got a letter on 26 sep that its on hold sent additional docs on 17th oct n nothing since then :-(

Britzy26

Post by Britzy26 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 am

Alhamdolilah got rfc today,
aroung 10am pak time

will go to collect 2moro In Sha Allah its good news.

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:41 am

Britzy26 wrote:Alhamdolilah got rfc today,
aroung 10am pak time

congratulations INSHALLAH u will get the visa ... When did u send the additional docs?

AlishaMisha
Newly Registered

Post by AlishaMisha » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 am

RZ Girl wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
RZ Girl wrote:
RZ Girl wrote: Lol really is that so :-)
Its a long story ... I applied from lahore on 4-07-13 n got a letter on 26 sep that its on hold sent additional docs on 17th oct n nothing since then :-(
You might hear soon as it seems they requesting additional documents just so you can satisfy the immigration officer before they grant you the visa. Maybe they just being alot more thorough with applications now especially the ones regarding income threshold.

AlishaMisha
Newly Registered

Post by AlishaMisha » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

numan4040 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:
numan4040 wrote:
AlishaMisha wrote:

I think you should start a petition, most people on this forum would be glad to sign it!
That is a good idea. In fact I am going to write to a few people including my mp, the home secretary, the foreign secretary and a few others. I can't believe that people are doing wazifa's here for their visas, this should be a straight forward process without having to worry about mercy from BHC ECO. It is our right as British Citizens to live a happy marital life and be with our partners.

All those who want to support a petition please send me a private message and I will draft the letters.
If they have emailed you saying they are still investigating, it might be that they are still waiting to hear back from e.g. your employers etc. some peoples checks take longer then others hence why all applications are not dealt with within the time that they have given.

Javeria

Post by Javeria » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 am

Britzy26 wrote:Alhamdolilah got rfc today,
aroung 10am pak time

Congratz, your application was on hold if I am not wrong, have u sent supporting documents?

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 am

AlishaMisha wrote:
numan4040 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:
numan4040 wrote:

If they have emailed you saying they are still investigating, it might be that they are still waiting to hear back from e.g. your employers etc. some peoples checks take longer then others hence why all applications are not dealt with within the time that they have given.
I have checked with my employer they haven't received anything from anyone.

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:39 am

numan4040 wrote:
AlishaMisha wrote:
numan4040 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:

I have checked with my employer they haven't received anything from anyone.
My husband employer receive call from Eco at 25 July to confirm the job.now it's my 16 th working week.
Applied at 04/12/12
RE-Applied at 19/07/13

numan4040

24 weeks

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:07 pm

I have just spoken to a journalist for a national newspaper, there maybe a story in this farse. I wonder what is the experience of people here. How many people get their visa after exactly 24 weeks have passed.

I see in Sameena's case she has been waiting for well over 24 weeks, is this typical?

I have a friend who works as a researcher for BBC Panorama programme, she is going to speak to her producer for a possibility of doing a programme on this. It appears as though that things are particularly bad for visas from Pakistan.

Javeria

Re: 24 weeks

Post by Javeria » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 pm

numan4040 wrote:I have just spoken to a journalist for a national newspaper, there maybe a story in this farse. I wonder what is the experience of people here. How many people get their visa after exactly 24 weeks have passed.

I see in Sameena's case she has been waiting for well over 24 weeks, is this typical?

I have a friend who works as a researcher for BBC Panorama programme, she is going to speak to her producer for a possibility of doing a programme on this. It appears as though that things are particularly bad for visas from Pakistan.

Well,there have been 27 weeks passed since the time of my application, now you can imagine what's the experience of mine.

I think if your friend will do programme on this matter then it will definitely work for all of us.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 pm

numan4040 wrote:I have just spoken to a journalist for a national newspaper, there maybe a story in this farse. I wonder what is the experience of people here. How many people get their visa after exactly 24 weeks have passed.

Oh wow mashallah u do work quick!

That would be brill!

nawaz86

Appeal allowed

Post by nawaz86 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Good news
I've just had my appeal allowed
It took the judge 5 mins to allow my appeal
He said the eco are absolute fools for wasting his
And my time

numan4040

Re: Appeal allowed

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 pm

nawaz86 wrote:Good news
And my time
Not surprised at all. Hopefully media will expose them further.

numan4040

Post by numan4040 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:

Oh wow mashallah u do work quick!

That would be brill!
Lol. Yes, they need to be exposed

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Re: Appeal allowed

Post by HELLO786 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 pm

nawaz86 wrote:Good news
And my time
Thats really good !

I am confused now, if you can get your visa granted by simply giving 3 month wage slips... and i gave 6 months wage slips yet mine is put on hold when am clearly earning above requirements too argh! i had one month unpaid but despite that 1 month i still gave 6 months and they know fine my income is perfectly above

This is ridiculous
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November